Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Merry Clayton @ The Mint L.A. 1/31/12
Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 20:10

Merry Clatyton looked and sounded like the diva of soul she is as she and her band of heavy hitters wowed a full house at The Mint. The set was short but sweet. Ms. Clayton sang Bob Dylan's The Times They are a Changin' and recounted singing this number at Lou Adler's Montery Pop. She also sang Grandma's Hands and Quinn upon spontaneous request from members of the audience. She ended the set with Gimmie Shelter, humorously recounting recording the song with "some skinny little Englishmen"...a joyful time was had by all. Here's the lineup.

Guitar: G-Mo (Greg Moore)

Bass: James Manning

Drums: James Gadson

Musical Director/Keyboards: Don Wyatt

Back-up vocals: Angela C., another beautiful woman, and a fine male whose names I unfortunately do not know to print here.

This event, including Arnold McCuller's set, was recorded for a documentary on great back-up singers being produced by a Mr. Neville..To the best of my knowledge, he has no relation to the Brothers.

Thanks for reading , and best in music ...Donna smiling smiley

P.S. I missed at least one number...as the show started earlier than I thought it would.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home