Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ten Things I Would Love To See Before I Leave The Planet!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 30, 2012 03:57

How many of you are at least 60 or above? Ever get the feeling that time is no longer on your side? I do. Friends have been dropping right and left. Two of the three friends I attended the last Rolling Stones concert at in 2006 are now deceased. One was in his late fifties, the other was in her mid sixties. Cancer took them both. Assuming that tomorrow is promised to no one these are the ten things I would love to see before I leave the planet.

#1. One final live performance by the Rolling Stones with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.

#2. One final great album by the Rolling Stones.

#3. A Beatles family reunion concert that would see all of the sons of the Beatles including Paul and Ringo on the same stage together.

#4. The Washington Huskies return to the Rose Bowl.

#5. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens once again win the Stanley Cup.

#6. An offspring of Seattle Slew wins the Triple Crown.

#7. The Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup.

#8. The Seattle Seahawks go back to the original Seahawk blue and green and switch to white helmets and white pants.

#9. Miss Century 21 hits the water one last time for the 50th anniversary of the Seattle World's Fair (1962 Century 21 Exposition) this summer.

#10. Seattle gets a new NHL franchise.

What are your ten?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 04:03 by stonescrow.

Re: Ten Things I Would Love To See Before I Leave The Planet!
Date: January 30, 2012 05:20

stonescrow
How many of you are at least 60 or above? Ever get the feeling that time is no longer on your side? I do. Friends have been dropping right and left. Two of the three friends I attended the last Rolling Stones concert at in 2006 are now deceased. One was in his late fifties, the other was in her mid sixties. Cancer took them both. Assuming that tomorrow is promised to no one these are the ten things I would love to see before I leave the planet.

#1. One final live performance by the Rolling Stones with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.

#3. A Beatles family reunion concert that would see all of the sons of the Beatles including Paul and Ringo on the same stage together.

#5. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens once again win the Stanley Cup.

#8. The Seattle Seahawks go back to the original Seahawk blue and green and switch to white helmets and white pants.

#9. Miss Century 21 hits the water one last time for the 50th anniversary of the Seattle World's Fair (1962 Century 21 Exposition) this summer.

What are your ten?

Sad to read that your friends died. Sorry to read that.

Regardless, I would like to attend your statements with what you asked:

I get this. But it's looking like that will remain to 1973.

This is totally subjective so I won't go there with what was their final great album. I really dig Undercover. Do I think it's great? Yes. Is it as great as Beggars-Exile? I don't know. What does that matter? If you dig it you dig it.

Y'all need to stop taking so many drugs. Didn't y'all leave those alone in the 1970s?

I have no idea who that is.

Montreal was the last Canadian team to win the Cup. When was that? 1993. Yeah, that was a while ago. But hell, they've won over 20 of 'em. The Maple Loafs, however, are a LONG ways away from winning a Cup. And it has been a while - 1967.

No clue as to who or what that is.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Back in the day I'd agree with you. Although I'll admit it would be better than Anahiem, Philadelphia, Washington, Phoenix, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado and San Jose from winning.

I respect the liking of how a uni should look.

WHAT?

Well, the Seattle Metropolitans did win the Cup back in 1916-17 so yeah, it's been quite a while huh. Seattle is the second largest TV market in the United States without a NHL team (the other is Houston, TX). The arena owners probably don't want to expand to accommodate a NHL team though, yet alone a bevy of other reasons.

And...Vancouver is just a short ways away.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:12

I don't have a list. My life has already been way more interesting than I had any right to expect it would be. If I dropped dead 30 minutes from now I wouldn't feel that I had been shortchanged. I'm certainly not going to be on my death bed muttering incoherently about the sons of Beatles.

Date: January 30, 2012 06:22

tatters
I don't have a list. My life has already been way more interesting than I had any right to expect it would be. If I dropped dead 30 minutes from now I wouldn't feel that I had been shortchanged. I'm certainly not going to be on my death bed muttering incoherently about the sons of Beatles.

Yer right - because you won't feel a thing!

Date: January 30, 2012 06:27

stonescrow

Seattle Slew died in 2002, which means that even his youngest offspring are already too old to compete in Triple Crown races.

Posted by: thePenguin ()
Date: January 30, 2012 07:19

I don't have a rocket ship like you guys, so i gotta stay right here on earth. even after i die.

in order:
1. Stones with Bill and Mick T.
2. Stones with Bill
3. Stones with Mick T.
4. Stones
5. any one or two of the Stones
6. a good stones-clone band
7. a good band that plays a Stones song.
8. a band that promises to learn a Stones song for next time.
9. a band that knows who the Stones are.
10. a turd that looks like Keith. (i saw one that came close once)

if i could go back in time and see anything i wanted:

1. Royal Albert Hall w/B. Jones
2. Brussels
3. Babe Ruth's 1st home run in Yankey Stadium.
4. The look on Einstein's face when he finally reduced his equation
down to E=Mc2.
5. Beatles at the Cavern.
6. Beatles in Hamburg.
7. Thrilla in Manila.
8. Secretariat
9. The Who with Keith Moon
10. Marilyn Monroe's first orgasm. (might consider moving to #1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 07:21 by thePenguin.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:26

tatters
stonescrow

Seattle Slew died in 2002, which means that even his youngest offspring are already too old to compete in Triple Crown races.

What about artificial insemination? Is there any chance that his semin could have been preserved long enough after his death to produce a horse that could run as a three-year-old now?

When I was younger, I thought being a stud horse was the ultimate gig: I won a few races, so I spend all day on a farm banging young fillies for the rest of my life. It's be like a cross between a religious vision of paradise and being a 70's rock star! But then someone told me that mating at stud farms was done artificially, and the job seemed way less appealing.

As for a top 10 bucket list, I don't keep one. I've accomplished plenty and plan to deal with the rest as it unfolds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 11:33 by ab.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 17:05

I'll try to keep my top ten bucket list limited to things Stones related.

1 - They all really pull together and create one more killer album that surprises even the most jaded among us.

2 - A farewell (?) tour that includes Mick taylor and Bill Wyman without D, Jones, backup singers, horns, and Mac from the Faces on piano rather than Chuck L.

3 - Seats right up front for the aforementioned tour.

4 - Keith really and truly sobers up, practices his ass off and turns in one final knockout tour performance that quiets all the folks who think he can't play any more.

5 - Same thing for Ron.

6 - Woody and Keith do the backing vocals again...even though sometimes they could sound bad, when they were good it was awesome.

7 - Mick and Keith realize they are no longer young and time may be running short for them to bury the hatchet, renew their friendship and have fun together onstage; sharing the mic, smiling at and appreciating each other while playing.

8 - To finally hear live, a guitar driven version of SFTD ala Ya Yas or LYL. Let's actually have every sound we hear be played live. Lose the drum loops.

9 - Once again, let every song's intro be played by Keith regardless of how it is on the album version, ala LSTNT in '81. Those classic Keith intros were once a staple of the Stones live shows.

10 - Stop using click tracks to play songs at the album tempos. Some songs just beg to be played faster on stage.

I could go on, but I'll stop at ten in obedience to the thread's title!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 30, 2012 17:18

i'm 74 and i've seen too much already. perhaps it makes more sense to list the top 10 things i wish i hadn't seen.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 30, 2012 17:44

To have a stage more spectaclar that A Bigger Bang's.

And to have Keith quit playing leads all together.

And that the Toronto Maple Leafs never make the playoffs again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 17:47 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: January 30, 2012 18:06

stonesdan60

1 - They all really pull together and create one more killer album that surprises even the most jaded among us.

2 - A farewell (?) tour that includes Mick taylor and Bill Wyman without D, Jones, backup singers, horns, and Mac from the Faces on piano rather than Chuck L.

4 - Keith really and truly sobers up, practices his ass off and turns in one final knockout tour performance that quiets all the folks who think he can't play any more.

5 - Same thing for Ron.

6 - Woody and Keith do the backing vocals again...even though sometimes they could sound bad, when they were good it was awesome.

7 - Mick and Keith realize they are no longer young and time may be running short for them to bury the hatchet, renew their friendship and have fun together onstage; sharing the mic, smiling at and appreciating each other while playing.

8 - To finally hear live, a guitar driven version of SFTD ala Ya Yas or LYL. Let's actually have every sound we hear be played live. Lose the drum loops.

9 - Once again, let every song's intro be played by Keith regardless of how it is on the album version, ala LSTNT in '81. Those classic Keith intros were once a staple of the Stones live shows.

10 - Stop using click tracks to play songs at the album tempos. Some songs just beg to be played faster on stage.

I love your list!

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 18:12

memphiscats
stonesdan60

5 - Same thing for Ron.

I love your list!

Me too! smileys with beer

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 30, 2012 23:53

Penquin, I love the going back in time theme! Wow, that is an interesting concept;
Ok, I'll play!
1. Christs' sermon on the mount
2. HIS resurrection
3. The Stones at the Ealing Club
The Beatles at the Cavern and on Ed Sullivan
4. The Stones on Ed Sullivan doing " Let's Spend Some Time Together"...I KNOW, I said that on purpose!
5. Watching the filming of Performance
6. Being at Altamont--from a SAFE distance
7. Being at Woodstock, all 3 days
8. Being at Fenway Park in 2003 when the Red Sox Won the World Series( was it 2003?)
9. Being at Wimbledon when Billie Jean King, Rod Laver, Roy Emerson, etc played.
10. Being at the train station the day Mick and Keith met and reconnected, discussing Mick's records!
I'm sure I can come up with 50 more!

Date: January 31, 2012 01:29

Little did I know that a fulfilling, well-rounded life consisted of nothing more than being a spectator at various sporting and musical events.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 31, 2012 01:51

tatters
Little did I know that a fulfilling, well-rounded life consisted of nothing more than being a spectator at various sporting and musical events.

iorr provides a rich and rewarding educational opportunity for those who study hard and strive for excellence.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2012 02:02

For looking forward:

1. A championship in football or hockey in Buffalo.
2. Tom Brady to retire.
3. A long tour of the countries of Europe.
4. A home in Italy in my name paid.
5. A multi-million dollar check with my name on it.
6. A pack of lions taking down and eating a cape buffalo in Africa.
7. The Stones to perform "Aftermath" in its entirety.
8. A Led Zeppelin reunion and tour.
9. Rebuilding of the Frank Lloyd Wright Larkin Office building.
10.A petite brunette with a hairy muff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 02:06 by The Sicilian.

Date: January 31, 2012 04:55

tatters
stonescrow

Slew died on May 7, 2002 on the 25th anniversary of his victory in the Kentucky Derby. Still has lots of grandsons, granddaughters, and great grandsons, and great granddaughters, etc. tearing up race tracks all over America. Maybe one day one of those wins the Triple Crown. Hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in 34 years. Last one was Affirmed in 1978.

Date: January 31, 2012 05:39

tatters

I plan on muttering coherently on my death bed!

Date: January 31, 2012 05:45

stonescrow
tatters

Yeah, about whether or not some race horse's semen was put to good use.

Date: January 31, 2012 05:47

tatters
stonescrow
tatters

As long as it gets the Sons Of The Beatles together on a stage somewhere...it's in the blo, er, semen.

Date: January 31, 2012 05:55

tatters
stonescrow
tatters

I expect Seattle Slew to be waiting for me on the other side to welcome me to a parallel universe where all four Beatles and their sons have formed a super group called the Super Beatles.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:07

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow

What are your ten?

Sad to read that your friends died. Sorry to read that.

Regardless, I would like to attend your statements with what you asked:

I get this. But it's looking like that will remain to 1973.

This is totally subjective so I won't go there with what was their final great album. I really dig Undercover. Do I think it's great? Yes. Is it as great as Beggars-Exile? I don't know. What does that matter? If you dig it you dig it.

Y'all need to stop taking so many drugs. Didn't y'all leave those alone in the 1970s?

I have no idea who that is.

Montreal was the last Canadian team to win the Cup. When was that? 1993. Yeah, that was a while ago. But hell, they've won over 20 of 'em. The Maple Loafs, however, are a LONG ways away from winning a Cup. And it has been a while - 1967.

No clue as to who or what that is.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Back in the day I'd agree with you. Although I'll admit it would be better than Anahiem, Philadelphia, Washington, Phoenix, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado and San Jose from winning.

I respect the liking of how a uni should look.

WHAT?

Well, the Seattle Metropolitans did win the Cup back in 1916-17 so yeah, it's been quite a while huh. Seattle is the second largest TV market in the United States without a NHL team (the other is Houston, TX). The arena owners probably don't want to expand to accommodate a NHL team though, yet alone a bevy of other reasons.

And...Vancouver is just a short ways away.

Skippy, you are exhausting, and relentless, but I thank you for the kind words in regards to my lost friends. smiling smiley

The Washington Huskies were the 1991 National Champions in college football. It was actually a shared title with the Miami Hurricanes. They have won seven Rose Bowls since 1960. They have been down for about a decade but are slowly rising again. Overtaking Oregon is going to be no easy task.

Seattle Slew was the 1977 Triple Crown winner in thoroughbred racing. He was a champion at two, three, and four years of age. He was a prolific sire and is considered by many to be the greatest all around (on the track and in the breeding shed) thoroughbred of all time.

Miss Century 21 is a champion unlimited hydroplane that was driven by the legendary Bill Muncey. The boat was originally called Miss Thriftway. It was re-named Miss Century 21 in 1961 to promote the 1962 Seattle World's Fair. The Stones were only ten days old when Miss Century 21 won the first race of 1962 on July 22.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:43

stonesdan60

5 - Same thing for Ron.

Great list! By all means, keep going if you wish.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: January 31, 2012 10:28

Only 1 thing: 6 numbers at the lottery. So many things will come naturally with that.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 31, 2012 10:37

Going back in time I would love to have bought a big amplifier and become the Stones bassist.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 31, 2012 19:35

I'm with you on that lottery win, Aprilfool!! I dream of it daily! Then think of the Stones things we could buy!

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: January 31, 2012 21:17

well I'm a drummer and I've never done smack, so no doubt I'd have been a better choice than Charlie!

Just kidding. I do of course have the dream of the Stones walking out on stage and announcing that Charlie is ill so they have to cancel the show, but then I come to the rescue. I'm sure it's a fantasy that I share with only a few other million people!

Again, just kidding. There's no Stones without the inimitable Mr. Watts.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:06

Seattle Slew died in 2002, which means that even his youngest offspring are already too old to compete in Triple Crown races.[/quote]

Slew died on May 7, 2002 on the 25th anniversary of his victory in the Kentucky Derby. Still has lots of grandsons, granddaughters, and great grandsons, and great granddaughters, etc. tearing up race tracks all over America. Maybe one day one of those wins the Triple Crown. Hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in 34 years. Last one was Affirmed in 1978.[/quote]

FACTOID: SEATTLE SLEW was the only Triple Crown winner to accomplish it undefeated.

Date: February 1, 2012 02:49

virgil

Slew died on May 7, 2002 on the 25th anniversary of his victory in the Kentucky Derby. Still has lots of grandsons, granddaughters, and great grandsons, and great granddaughters, etc. tearing up race tracks all over America. Maybe one day one of those wins the Triple Crown. Hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in 34 years. Last one was Affirmed in 1978.[/quote]

FACTOID: SEATTLE SLEW was the only Triple Crown winner to accomplish it undefeated.[/quote]

Yes, indeed. May never be equaled.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 03:57

Ten things to see before I die....
1. No more religion. It is banned.
2. Oil dries up and we finally are forced to use alternate energy sources
3. A gay President of the US
4. First contact
5. Marijuana legalized throughout the world
6. A good movie version of Dune is made
7. Bowie comes out of retirement with a brilliant album and some live dates
8. A trip to the Maldives
9. A trip on a trans orbital plane New York to Tokyo
10. My nieces happy adults in a peaceful world.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home