Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Happy Mondays reunion
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2012 06:09

Has anyone really heard of this band? Seems to be making the news lately.

Happy Mondays are an English alternative rock band from Salford, Greater Manchester. Formed in 1980, the band's original line-up was Shaun Ryder on lead vocals, his brother Paul Ryder on bass, lead guitarist Mark Day, keyboardist Paul Davis, and drummer Gary Whelan. Mark "Bez" Berry later joined the band onstage during a live performance after befriending Shaun Ryder and served as a dancer/percussionist. Rowetta Satchell joined the band to provide backing vocals in the early 1990s. (Wiki Bio)

By Matthew Perpetua (Rolling Stone News)

The British dance-rock band Happy Mondays will reunite this spring for their first tour in nearly 20 years. The group, one of the key acts of the "Madchester" scene of the late Eighties and early Nineties, has been around in various incarnations for most of the past decade, but this tour will be their first with their original lineup since they originally disbanded in 1993.

All seven members of the original lineup met last week to "see if they could sit in a room together," backing vocalist Roweta Satchell told BBC Radio Manchester over the weekend. "We decided it would only be special and work if it was the total, original lineup. We're all really excited. They are my family, these boys. I've really missed them, and I'm sure they've missed each other."

2012 will be a great year for fans of Madchester-era rave-rock hybrids. In addition to the newly announced Happy Mondays reunion, the Stone Roses announced in October that they would hit the road for the first time since 1996. Though the Roses are set to record a new album, it's unclear whether the Happy Mondays will hit the studio. Frontman Shuan Ryder had said the group was working on new material back in 2008.

Re: OT - Happy Mondays reunion
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 31, 2012 06:18

No more Happy Mondays since the Oar House in Santa Monica closed down.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 31, 2012 15:40

It's one of those reunions I can take or leave. Bez's book Freaky Dancin' is worth a read.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2012 18:30

Read somewhere that they may be doing a show with the Stone Roses.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 31, 2012 18:33

The Sicilian
Read somewhere that they may be doing a show with the Stone Roses.

As long as Shaun Ryder and Ian Brown have taken singing lessons then its thumbs up from me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home