Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Anyone Like Ringo's Latest Albums?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:27

Haven't heard his latest yet but I thought his last album was quite enjoyable. Certainly much more enjoyable than ABB. I realize that music is so very subjective, but to me I like simple "feel good" songs. A song doesn't have to be deep in lyrics or musically complicated to be enjoyed. Ringo delivers that feeling I look for when I need a little lift. The Some Girls bonus tracks do the same. Hope the Stones steer towards the Some Girls bonus tracks with the next album rather than towards ABB which I think is basically joyless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 00:11 by stonescrow.

Re: Ringo's Last Album VS ABB And Some Girls Bonus Tracks.
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 03:48

I don´t believe I red this topic.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 29, 2012 03:58

If the bonus tracks for Some Girls are better than anything thats pretty sad.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 29, 2012 15:06

carlostones10
I don´t believe I read this topic.

I don't believe I posted on this thread.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2012 15:16

......what was ya sister's choice ????....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 29, 2012 17:17

tatters
carlostones10
I don´t believe I read this topic.

I don't believe I posted on this thread.

No need for more disbelief: neither of you have.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 29, 2012 18:29

Ringo...for still doin new records...

2 1 2 0

Re: OT: Anyone Like Ringo's Latest Albums?
Date: January 30, 2012 00:16

Very much looking forward to Tuesday's release. I think Ringo is very much underrated. He delivers joy, and that is the bottom line, at least for me.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 30, 2012 02:08

stonescrow
Very much looking forward to Tuesday's release. I think Ringo is very much underrated. He delivers joy, and that is the bottom line, at least for me.

For you, and for the nine other people who will be buying Ringo's album on Tuesday.

Date: January 30, 2012 02:39

tatters
stonescrow

For you, and for the nine other people who will be buying Ringo's album on Tuesday.

OK tatters, but if you had to choose between the Some Girls bonus tracks and ABB which would you choose? ABB is joyless. My opinion of course.smiling smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:49

Ringo writes a song w/ the Beatles:

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 30, 2012 07:22

Well, Dingo was kinda ahead of his time. His first solo album (Sentimental Journey) was an album of so-called "standards," and everybody rolled their eyes.
His second one, Beaucoups Of Blues, was a country album recorded in Nashville, and everybody rolled their eyes. How many artists since then have recorded an album of standards? And now everybody who's anybody wants to record in Nashville. Hell, even I'd like to record in Nashville. Jack White, who was supposed to save rock and roll, moved there.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 15:03

Though Paul McCartney is my favorite Beatle, and John Lennon actually penned and sang my top 3 favorite Beatles' songs, it is actually Ringo to whom I listen to the most. I think he carries on the sound of the group the closest, and while I can only listen to The Beatles in small doses due to their overly happy, bubble-gummy, sappiness, Ringo never gets old for me. He creates a warm and happy feeling inside in a way that The Beatles can't. I, myself, thoroughly enjoy Ringo's albums - his albums never disappoint, and I look forward to this new release. For me, his best album is Time Takes Time, followed by Vertical Man and then Ringo. His Christmas album is one of my favorites of the season, and I always look forward to getting it out and blasting it!!

Ringo is, indeed, vastly underrated and under-appreciated!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 21:22 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 30, 2012 15:14

stonescrow
He delivers joy, and that is the bottom line, at least for me.

He's been a miserable git for years.

I've never seen him express any kind of joy for a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 15:15 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 30, 2012 18:00

People are just kidding, right? No one thinks that Ringo's albums are better than A Bigger Bang - probably even Ringo.

I've bought all his recent albums, including the last one (w/the black and white cover, can't remember the title) on vinyl. But, that's just because I'm a collector. I don't think I've opened a Ringo album since "I Wanna Be Santa Claus", which was terrible.

Date: January 30, 2012 18:43

What does Ringo play on his albums? I hope it isn't drums.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 30, 2012 18:47

why the hell is Ringo's newest album being compared to A Bigger Bang? what does one have to do with the other?

Date: January 30, 2012 23:25

VoodooLounge13
Though Paul McCartney is my favorite Beatle, and John Lennon actually penned and sang my top 3 favorite Beatles' songs, it is actually Ringo to whom I listen to the most. I think he carries on the sound of the group the closest, and while I can only listen to The Beatles in small doses due to their overly happy, bubble-gummy, sappiness, Ringo never gets old for me. He creates a warm and happy feeling inside in a way that The Beatles can't. I, myself, thoroughly enjoy Ringo's albums - his albums never fail to disappoint, and I look forward to this new release. For me, his best album is Time Takes Time, followed by Vertical Man and then Ringo. His Christmas album is one of my favorites of the season, and I always look forward to getting it out and blasting it!!

Ringo is, indeed, vastly underrated and under-appreciated!!!

Absolutely!smileys with beer

Date: January 30, 2012 23:31

drbryant
People are just kidding, right? No one thinks that Ringo's albums are better than A Bigger Bang - probably even Ringo.

I've bought all his recent albums, including the last one (w/the black and white cover, can't remember the title) on vinyl. But, that's just because I'm a collector. I don't think I've opened a Ringo album since "I Wanna Be Santa Claus", which was terrible.

Better? I just found his last album to be much more enjoyable to listen to than ABB. Does that make it better?

Date: January 30, 2012 23:40

GravityBoy
stonescrow
He delivers joy, and that is the bottom line, at least for me.

He's been a miserable git for years.

I've never seen him express any kind of joy for a long time.

His music is joyful. ABB, for example, was joyless. The Some Girls bonus tracks are immensely joyful. Enjoy them more than Ringo's last album. His new album is released tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to it.

Date: January 30, 2012 23:53

I'm gonna buy The Partidge Family's greatest hits instead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home