Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sign of the times?
Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 29, 2012 17:05

This morning, my Internet homepage had a poll asking readers to pick the best Super Bowl halftime performance of all-time. The choices were U2, Prince, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson, Gloria Estefan and Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Black Eyed Peas, New Kids on the Block, Other, and I Never Watch the Super Bowl. The Stones, Petty, Springsteen, and the Who didn't even rate being included among the choices.

Pretty lame poll, if you ask me. On the other hand, is this an indication of the mainstream media's current distain for 60-something rockers?

Re: Sign of the times?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2012 17:10

ab
This morning, my Internet homepage had a poll asking readers to pick the best Super Bowl halftime performance of all-time. The choices were U2, Prince, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson, Gloria Estefan and Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Black Eyed Peas, New Kids on the Block, Other, and I Never Watch the Super Bowl. The Stones, Petty, Springsteen, and the Who didn't even rate being included among the choices.

Pretty lame poll, if you ask me. On the other hand, is this an indication of the mainstream media's current distain for 60-something rockers?

Maybe they were to be included in the 'other' category...that would be a great supergroup. or not.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 29, 2012 17:11

ab
is this an indication of the mainstream media's current distain for 60-something rockers?

No.

This is catering to the young & stupid crowd who are more likely to dump big money on entertainment.

Date: January 29, 2012 17:16

That's almost interesting. The Blacked Eyed Piss have been voted WORST Suber Bowl Half Time Entertainment ever somewhere, I saw the other day.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 29, 2012 19:04

The Black Eyed Peas were PATHETIC last year! That had to be the worst ever. I like Springsteen's set a few years back The Stones were pretty good as well not great but not bad either. The Who's performance was embarrassing. Roger got his voice fixed saw him last fall and he was good.

Date: January 29, 2012 19:06

Compare The Who to the Black Eyed Balls and suddenly The Who's "performance" is awesome.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 29, 2012 19:08

Put it that way and yes you are correct!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 29, 2012 19:28

Just more from the hype machine gearing up for this years performance by Hagatha...
She might make the BEPs looks like Mozart... as she comes out wearing her pointy
metal bra and starts fake strumming her guitar.... yikes, maybe rather watch Mylie
eat a turducken than that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home