Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Doors first new song in 40 years
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: January 10, 2012 17:18

Yes, it's true. The Doors have a new song out. And it features vocals by frontman Jim Morrison, who died in 1971. How is this possible? Well, "She Smells So nice" was discovered by producer Bruce Botnic, who co-produced the band's album "L.A. Woman" just months before Morrison's death.

Botnic was listening to the original studio session tapes while working on a project remastering the album. And he found the previously-unreleased song. "She Smells So Nice" is in the player below, and also on the band's Facebook page. It's pretty cool.

The song is also available on the two-disc reissue of "L.A. Woman," which also includes eight alternate versions of the band's hits. This remastering of the classic album will be available Jan. 24, 2012.

[blog.zap2it.com]

[url=

][/url]

Re: OT - Doors first new song in 40 years
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 10, 2012 17:27

honest ? I think it was known since a while. They need something new to sell LA Woman another time.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:28

FID

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:30

Why dont the other members get out the outtakes they did back then and release it, wonder who has them now.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:32

why singing in a handkerchief ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:52

Not to nitpick, but they have done several other "new" songs since Jim went to his reward, such as "Orange County Suite" and "Ghost Song" - both very good indeed and available on various compilations and reissues.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:56

Close the Doors on this one...Can't Jim do a duet with Kelly Clarkson or something?

Date: January 10, 2012 19:02

tipps
Why dont the other members get out the outtakes they did back then and release it, wonder who has them now.

over on their forum they keep saying they have no more outtakes

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 12, 2012 01:24

Better than Van Hurlin' and The Doors are just jammin' here ...

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: January 12, 2012 02:10

Claire_M
Not to nitpick, but they have done several other "new" songs since Jim went to his reward, such as "Orange County Suite" and "Ghost Song" - both very good indeed and available on various compilations and reissues.

And "Tightrope Ride" (which mentions Brian Jones):

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 12, 2012 08:21

Nice listen to 'Outlaw blues' and 'Dig it' in another shapes..that five piece band was pretty good with Manzarek singing, but The Doors...Why not a new name?

2 1 2 0

Date: January 12, 2012 09:05

yes the band released 2 albums after morrison had died as a 3 piece and did a few new songs by adding music to old morrison vocals

Date: January 12, 2012 09:21

yes the band released 2 albums after morrison had died as a 3 piece and did a few new songs by adding music to old morrison vocals

Yep, them I got and it's perfect with Jim singing and it's still The Doors, but isn't there one album out without Jim singing also named The Doors?

2 1 2 0

Date: January 12, 2012 10:10

Come On

Yep, them I got and it's perfect with Jim singing and it's still The Doors, but isn't there one album out without Jim singing also named The Doors?

you are slightly confusing me. the doors released 2 albums as a three piece called FULL CIRCLE and OTHER VOICES. they have never officially been released on cd.
[en.wikipedia.org])
[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 12, 2012 10:23

the session tapes were lost until a couple yrs ago and the song is a very nice discovery but it's not a new song.it's more a song in progress that was forgotten about.

Date: January 12, 2012 10:55

you are slightly confusing me. the doors released 2 albums as a three piece called FULL CIRCLE and OTHER VOICES. they have never officially been released on cd.

About 'Other Voices':

The recording of the album began while lead singer Jim Morrison was on holiday in France. The song "Down on the Farm" was allegedly already written at the time of the recording of the previous album,[citation needed] but Morrison did not want to include it. According to Manzarek, some of the songs had been rehearsed with Morrison before he left for Paris.

The three remaining members of the band regrouped and released the album in October three months after Morrison's death. Keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger took Morrison's place as lead singers.

This is about 'Full Circle':

Full Circle is the eighth studio album by The Doors released in 1972. It is the second album after Jim Morrison's death, and also their last album together before they broke up. The album includes "The Mosquito", the last hit single by the band. Keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger took Morrison's place as lead singer. Also, unlike their earlier work, bassists were collaboratively used on every track.

Do you see what I mean now? Jim Morrison is not singing on 'The Doors' two last albums...

2 1 2 0

Date: January 12, 2012 11:17

yes morrison did not sing on the last 2 doors albums

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 12, 2012 11:58

I have an Italian CD from a few years ago with both post-Jim albums on it, bought through a record shop so sort of legal.

Date: January 12, 2012 13:06

The GR
I have an Italian CD from a few years ago with both post-Jim albums on it, bought through a record shop so sort of legal.

no robbie and ray say its never been officially released on cd so any cd's out there are being produced without the bands permission

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 11:13

i like the music on those 2 albums they did after jim died but the lyrics and vocals are weak. the band thought about using iggy pop as their singer but figured the fans would not accept him or any replacement.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2012 22:33

American Prayer was released in 1978 and features old recordings of Jim's vocals/poetry (c.'69,'70)
over the then newly recorded music by the remainder of the Doors.

An American Prayer
JIM MORRISON
Music by the Doors

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home