Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Harry "Cuby" Muskee / Eelco Gelling / Herman Brood
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: January 8, 2012 22:14

For the last two months I was enjoying The Rolling Stones "Bombardement":

Girls deluxe, Texas 78, Brussels 73, Exile deluxe, Ladies&Gentlemen, Aftermath & The Chess Sessions 64...

But today I 'rediscovered' the dutch "Cuby & The Blizzards". And now The Blues is howling at my place. In 1964 Harry Muskee (vocals) & Eelco Gelling (guitar) introduced the blues in Holland. Herman Brood (piano) did join'them in the 60's...C&B also played with Alexis Korner and Eddie Boyd.

I wonder what happened if those guys were born in the UK or US, instead of Holland. Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame for sure. Anyway,

Harry Muskee died last year, a real bluesman. And Herman committed suicide in 2001, jumping from the roof of Amsterdam Hilton Hotel. But their music lives on. No spotlights, only in obscurity, because only in the darkest corners you will find the most beautiful diamonds...

And Muskee was one hell of a shiny diamond. Rust Zacht Harry!

Re: OT: Harry "Cuby" Muskee / Eelco Gelling / Herman Brood
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 8, 2012 22:23

Eelco also played with Mick Taylor.............

Re: OT: Harry "Cuby" Muskee / Eelco Gelling / Herman Brood
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: January 8, 2012 22:28

NICOS
Eelco also played with Mick Taylor.............

I know NICOS...

C&B have some Stones-connections (Alexis Korner / Mick Taylor). Not to forget about Herman who arranged some Nightclub in Rotterdam 1982 to play with the Stones.

Apparently, the Stones didn't show up ofcourse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home