Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What "Life" chapter are you looking forward to reading the most?
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 18, 2010 06:52

I really want to read about his arthritis...

Re: What "Life" chapter are you looking forward to reading the most?
Posted by: Layladylay ()
Date: October 18, 2010 14:54

Id love to hear about other wars than the Iraq one where he might have personally encouraged the English government officials to engage. His support for the armed services is awesome. All thore hospital visits and performing for the crippled and maimed soldiers. What a guy! Not to mention all the funerals and comfort he brings young widows and bereaved parents. He knows kids can make it without a dad when dad was busy for a larger cause. Or even if the dad is too busy with a drug orgy When its all about the love its so obvious i repeat what a guy1 Keith lives in Connecticut so you can bet he feels it when all the hundreds and thousands of kids the same age as his fighting little fashion tigers come back to New England without limbs a future or even a chance for a job. So Keith is actually helping two great nations. Something that john and George Beatle never did for all their wacky Peace crap. Even if they did get Keith a job in show business when he could not afford the hair style they gave him. Connecticut the birth state of President Bush the Second too! So its a natural thing for folks of property to join in when they are right there in theb neighborhood. And its not just Keith to be fair. The entire Stones organization so active in making the common foot soldier not common at all. Smart humane charitably generous and eager to help. Keith Richards. More than the icon you see in adorable fan boy pix and posts...an actual hero of great service. I just cant believe how lucky we are that this kind of mega committment could come from the rock world. 50 bucks says Ted Nugent has a guest spot come the tour! Wand danf the yankee doodle. GO KEITH. REALLY.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 18, 2010 17:57

i want to see what he has to say about spanish tony and his version of events. hiring tony, crashing the bentley, nellcote, switzerland, the "diamorphine?" he stashed in woody's stables, ect, ect. keith may call this book "the truth", but it's really his version of the things. he always claims muddy was painting the ceiling when he first met him and everyone else says "muddy was not painting the ceiling!".

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:23

i hope its gonna be a bit like mötley crües "dirt". although i dont like the band, the best and most entertaining rock biography ever!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:23

Its gonna be an interesting read… honest to a fault. Wonder if the book will go into the way the Stones organization has finagled to keep from paying Mick Taylor the royalties he should be getting…?

Date: October 18, 2010 19:53

Somebody should make sure to let FOXNEWS in on to the news they will love going BIG with. Keith personally contacting the UK Prime Minister to support the Iraq war during Connecticut born George W. Bush's presidency. i suppose Keith's press agent or somebody will go with it. A lot of New Englands finest young people, around the age of his kids, have been coming back horrifically damaged from explosive devices etc,..amidst the several thousand Americans and allied forces that were killed who were never to get near 30 years old. And countless civilian deaths approaching almost holocaust nunbers of a humdred thousand by some reports. Stones fans for sure from Massachusetts Connecticut Vermont and other NE states. . Good thing hes civic minded though...Stones always known for hospital visits and appearing at wakes to comfort the parents and widows privately. What a guy. The non stop benefits. The product percentage to get their fatherless children neighbors neighbors educated and healthy. Hes a dad. He gets it. Great move Keith. How many stars take the time to personally use their time to support a clear need for such carnage based on deep deep research and Keiths mastery on a variety of political and societal ills. He gets involved. Wow. Great stuff.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:56

His relationship with Taylor.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:05

"is support for the armed services is awesome. All thore hospital visits and performing for the crippled and maimed soldiers. What a guy! Not to mention all the funerals and comfort he brings young widows and bereaved parents."

Did he also visit the hospitals where were staying the innocent Iraqis victims of allied fire? They deserved his compassion too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 20:06 by dcba.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:09

"Somebody should make sure to let FOXNEWS in on to the news they will love going BIG with"

FOXNEWS supporting the Stones? I'm done with the band then... What's next? Keith at a Tea Party? confused smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:16

dcba
What's next? Keith at a Tea Party? confused smiley

You betcha!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:35

You have to ask though, who handles his publicity?

A once respected rock n roll icon is reduced to a cartoon caricature mumbling the virtues of drugs, the size of an old mans cock and snorting his fathers ashes!

Would you expect the same headlines if Dylan or Neil Young had written similiar books??

Very, very sad....

Date: October 18, 2010 20:40

dcba
"is support for the armed services is awesome. All thore hospital visits and performing for the crippled and maimed soldiers. What a guy! Not to mention all the funerals and comfort he brings young widows and bereaved parents."

Did he also visit the hospitals where were staying the innocent Iraqis victims of allied fire? They deserved his compassion too...
HE DID NONE OF THAT. I was aghast at his new interview book revelations about writing Blair supporting thd Prime MInister military alliance with George W. Bush in Iraq etc.. so my attempt at satire. Please excuse me . It was sarcasm not meant to confuse! Sorry. I DO NOT think Richards either smart or kind or thoughtful ...or responsible... nor even remotely relevant other than yesterday long lost magic as a guitarist .Fox will cover it. More books sold. He hype lazy selfish icon.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:42

i'm looking forward to reading keith's recipe for gumbo soup.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:44

Early years and his relationship with Mick.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:51

dcba
"Somebody should make sure to let FOXNEWS in on to the news they will love going BIG with"

FOXNEWS supporting the Stones? I'm done with the band then... What's next? Keith at a Tea Party? confused smiley

You must not have seen this Fox News interview then.

[www.mediaite.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:57

Who really wrote JJF.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:00

his love affair with Mick

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:07

Probably the one about Mick's urethra.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:18

The one about Anita in the back of the Bentley.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:21

The 69' tour. And the early days playing with Brian at Edith Grove.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2010 23:12

You must not have seen this Fox News interview then.

WOW ... ya gotta wonder how many times Sam has told that story ... It's a warhorse....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 18, 2010 23:22

Koen
Who really wrote JJF.

Well, this is what he writes about it in the book:

These crucial, wonderful riffs that just came, I don’t know where from. I’m blessed with them and I can never get to the bottom of them. When you get a riff like Flash you get a great feeling of elation, a wicked glee. Of course, then comes the other thing of persuading people that it is as great as you actually know it is. You have to go through the poohpooh

So, he doesn't know who actually wrote JJF - it "just came"...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:19

Layladylay
Id love to hear about other wars than the Iraq one where he might have personally encouraged the English government officials to engage. His support for the armed services is awesome. All thore hospital visits and performing for the crippled and maimed soldiers. What a guy! Not to mention all the funerals and comfort he brings young widows and bereaved parents. He knows kids can make it without a dad when dad was busy for a larger cause. Or even if the dad is too busy with a drug orgy When its all about the love its so obvious i repeat what a guy1 Keith lives in Connecticut so you can bet he feels it when all the hundreds and thousands of kids the same age as his fighting little fashion tigers come back to New England without limbs a future or even a chance for a job. So Keith is actually helping two great nations. Something that john and George Beatle never did for all their wacky Peace crap. Even if they did get Keith a job in show business when he could not afford the hair style they gave him. Connecticut the birth state of President Bush the Second too! So its a natural thing for folks of property to join in when they are right there in theb neighborhood. And its not just Keith to be fair. The entire Stones organization so active in making the common foot soldier not common at all. Smart humane charitably generous and eager to help. Keith Richards. More than the icon you see in adorable fan boy pix and posts...an actual hero of great service. I just cant believe how lucky we are that this kind of mega committment could come from the rock world. 50 bucks says Ted Nugent has a guest spot come the tour! Wand danf the yankee doodle. GO KEITH. REALLY.

Excellent! I was refraining from discussing the idealogical implications of that claim, but you handled it brilliantly. I'm not surprised, Keith seems to have reactionary tendencies. Now we know who didn't want Sweet Neocon on the album. I remember reading how Keith didn't like the song Undercover as well...
Hey, I have politically conservative friends and love them, but what gets me about Keith is his sort of lazy attitude about world events. I know, its music, not politics, but he has shown himself to be rather apathetic. In Chris O'Dell's book, she mentions how Keith was mocking George Harrison's Bangledesh efforts, calling him a phony or some kind of shit like that. His attitude struck her as arrogant and stupid. Bob Geldof, in his memoir, had a similar impression, praising Jagger's involvment, but saying that Keith seemed to not give a @#$%&. Yeah, its disapointing.
I'd rather read about his working with Aretha and Chuck Berry, artists he admires and doing what he's great at. Keith is at his best as a musician, even if some of his personal traits are annoying.

Freddie Sessler in "Life"
Posted by: diego ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:35

I am really looking forward of what has Keith to say, what stories to tell, whats his own version of the legendary Freddie Sessler.

Re: Freddie Sessler in "Life"
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:37

Well, you can read it already here (just check ROLLING STONE part): [www.iorr.org]

- Doxa

Date: October 18, 2010 20:17

Yeah, amazing stories. To my eyes, Freddie was the real, ultimate hellraiser.
Hope to see more stories about him in Keith´s book, like how their relation evolved in modern times and so on. I think i heard there werw some sons of Freddie in the stones entourage, being friends with Anita, etc.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:25

you'll probably want to read johnhenry's posts then: [www.iorr.org]
sometimes he said he's Freddy's son, sometimes that he's a friend of Freddy's son, or that he worked with Freddy's son
maybe you know him? :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 12:59 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:34

source The SUN October 2008

ROLLING STONE RONNIE WOOD's former manager NICK COWAN has penned an explosive new book called Fifty Teabags And A Bottle Of Rum.

...In Day Two of a series of exclusive extracts from his memoirs, here Nick reveals the incredible booze and drug-fuelled antics of party animals Ronnie and bandmate KEITH RICHARDS.MICK JAGGER has been clean for years and rarely drinks even a glass of wine on tour.Ronnie and Keith Richards, on the other hand, were permanently fuelled by a combination of cocaine and alcohol.

I remember taking Ronnie to David Forecast, a Harley Street doctor, for his pre-tour medical.He asked Ronnie how many units of alcohol he consumed on a regular basis. Ronnie totted it up and told him.
"Hmm," said the doctor. "Not too bad - almost within the acceptable number of units per week."
"Per week?" said Ronnie. "What are you talking about? That's my daily intake."
His addiction became so severe he could not pass the medical for the 2003 tour and had to spend a month in a clinic in Arizona before he was fit to go touring.
But it should be said that after drying out he completed the gigs without either drugs or alcohol.
It is Florida in October, 1981, and it's another tour. Twenty-five shows have gone by since the first show in August.
The band are having a week's break and Keith and Ronnie are staying in a rented house in Palm Beach.
Also staying in the house is one Freddie Sessler, who describes himself as the world's oldest groupie but is also renowned for his ability to supply any sort of pill without prescription.
The first few days pass relatively quietly but on Wednesday Keith and Ronnie get involved in a marathon songwriting session which is to last more than 48 hours.
A mixture of vodka and cocaine plus pills known as Sessler's Helpers keep both of them wired up.
Iron man Keith sees sleep as a weakness and heaps insults on anybody who needs to go to bed before he is ready.
I am able to slip back to my hotel in the early mornings without attracting too much attention, but by Friday, with a show scheduled for the next day we persuade both of them to take to their beds.
There is one problem - Keith is so overhyped from his intake of the past few days that he's unable to sleep. Sessler is summoned and administers a powerful sleeping pill which has the desired effect.
The private jet which is due to transport everyone to Orlando is scheduled to leave at 1pm the following day, giving Ronnie and Keith plenty of time to recover.
But when I return to the house the next morning I realise immediately something has gone seriously wrong.
Ronnie is fine, wide awake and having his usual fry-up but Larry - Keith's PA - has been unable to wake Keith. No amount of shaking and shouting can get him to stir.
It transpires that there were enough barbiturates in the sleeping pill to
Keith is finally woken up by having iced water poured all over him, but there is a further problem.
So deep was the drug-induced sleep that Keith has remained motionless for hours with his full weight on his right arm.
Circulation to the arm has been cut off and he cannot move it. At this point Keith says he is going back to sleep and does just that.
We are going to be two hours late taking off, but we cannot leave without Keith.
Sessler finally manages to wake Keith and persuades him to take another pill to get the adrenaline running. In the meantime, an assistant has been massaging Keith's arm to try to get the circulation going.
Finally, after several hours of work on Keith's arm, the circulation has been restored and we can leave for the airport - but not before Keith has had his usual afternoon breakfast of red wine.
Limos are waiting at Orlando to rush Keith and Ronnie to the stadium. By now the start of the show is two hours late and the audience is restless.
Although very late, the concert is hugely successful and the band leave in blacked out vans, with the audience calling for more.
At the hotel the band members retire to their respective suites. CHARLIE WATTS, who is teetotal and vegetarian, settles in for a quiet night after his usual massage.
Mick Jagger has a rendezvous known only to his security man.
Keith will spend the night listening to music with only a few close friends for company. His suite is not accessible unless an invitation has been issued. When issued, it has the force of a royal command.
Ronnie's suite is known as party central. All night, every night, the door is open to anyone who wants a drink and more.
Of course, security is present to keep out undesirables but in every city Ronnie's party friends seem to come out of the woodwork.
Mick and Charlie, who enjoy their sleep, have suites as far away as possible from Keith and Ronnie.
Such is the volume of music that can be heard through the night from these two that their suites must be isolated from the other rooms.
The rooms on the floor below are unlettable except to the totally deaf.
The bars must be stocked with the right bottles and the hotel kitchen must be ready to produce special food around the clock.
Even in the most far-flung places in the world, British essentials such as baked beans, HP sauce and PG Tips tea must be on hand.
In 2002, Nick's time as Ronnie's manager came to an end after 22 years - after a joint business project ended in disaster. Nick says:
The time came when Ronnie asked me to find a project to keep his wife JO busy in London while we spent time in Ireland.
This resulted in the setting up of ill-fated Harrington private members club in south Kensington, London. It lost Ronnie and myself millions and cost me my job.
Once Jo was involved in the design, the budget flew out the window. The £1,000 a week on flowers was the least of it.
Every time the architect tried to rein her in, the response was: "It's our money. We can do what we like with it."
I lost more than a million pounds of my own money trying to keep it going. Within a year I was no longer Ron's manager...

Adapted by BEN JACKSON.
Fifty Tea Bags And A Bottle Of Rum by Nick Cowan (Quartet Books)

eye rolling smiley

HMN

Date: October 19, 2010 00:41

Yeah,í read the book. Quite interesting. As you see, a lot of strong stories involving Freddie. Just remember Bill German´s stories in his book....
Freddie was the true rocanroller till he drop!!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:05

Freddy was a gem.

I flew to Chicago to see the Stones at the Double Door in 97 and I got there and the guest list was killed because the owner of the club let too many friends in.

I was supposed to be on the list, but after hearing the guy in line in front of me- the owner of Labatts Brewery or some big Canadian Beer - explain he was on the guest list and they said "sorry charlie", I didnt even go to the window next. He offered $5K and they didnt budge. He was pissed. (in America that means mad, haha)

I walked to the street in front of the bar. The streets were roped off due to so many people, and there was Freddy in the street, standing by himself. He had the same problem I did apparently. I had meet him once, a few months earlier, and luckily he remembered me. We hung out for a while and he wasnt interested in going through any extraordinary measures to get in.

After checking the fire escapes, and all the doors and windows, even the roof, I came back to hang with Freddy, still by himself. There were hundreds of people hanging around, some musta known the name "Fred Sessler", but no one connected the dots.

FREDDIE: I've zeen dem in clubs, bars, everywhere. Iv I mis dis'cho, eh, y'know?

Thats the best I can remember about how he spoke, its been a few years and he had a big accent, hungarian I think. Nice guy, loved the ladies. loved to party, loved Keith.

I was trying to be cool, but not really cool considering...

ME: Yeah, I flew in from California for the show, dropped by daughter at my folks in the suburbs and thought I was in, but blah blah blah

Freddy gives me that look that only people connected with the Stones can give those not connected with the Stones.

I see him pondering the possibilities, and then the front door to the club opens.

Freddy starts walking over towards the door and he nods to me to follow.

ME: You know that guy?

FREDDY: Follow me

The door closes before we get there.

We wait outside a while and then the door opens again. A huge dude looks outside and Freddy catches his attention. He walks over and whispers something and then the door closes and gigantor walks back inside. Freddy smiles.

ME: What's up?

FREDDY: Vill see

We exchange small talk for a while, but what do you say to Freddy Sessler?

I cant remember if this is when he told me how he followed the Stones in the 60s, or some stories, and he had STORIES, or what he said, its been thirteen years and my memory isnt as good as it used to be.

DOOR OPENS - different bouncer walks outside. Another huge guy, flat top -I wasnt keeping track of bouncer names and I cant recall if JC or Big Joe had the flat top and tats like Popeye, but I knew his face and he wasnt a local Double Door bouncer like Gigantor.

Freddy looks at me, smiles, and walks to the door, motioning me to follow.

He says something with a huge accent that I doubt the bouncer understood, but with his eyes he said, this guys with me, and within seconds, we were inside the Double Door.

Holy Shit- can you imagine my euphoria being inside a club gig!

I didnt see Freddy the rest of the night after I bought him a drink, as I saw NO ONE in front of the stage and everyone was at the bar, so I told him I wanted to get to the stage and he understood. He was already eyeing a cutie when I made my way to the stage.

Freddy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home