Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Creedence Live 1970 RAH
Posted by: howled ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:09

The promo poster [www.backonstage.halmstad.net]

Some gear info [www.backonstage.halmstad.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 14:17 by howled.

Re: Creedance Live 1970 RAH
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 22, 2011 07:58

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:30

Absolutely Marvellous!

I wonder if Tom Fogerty was even inplugged, couldn't hear him...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 22, 2011 12:08

Shortest guitar cable in rock history!

Date: December 22, 2011 12:49

Come On
Absolutely Marvellous!

I wonder if Tom Fogerty was even inplugged, couldn't hear him...

Yes, Tom is plugged in.

He's often playing the jangly guitar parts.

In Green River, John is just mainly playing the riffs and when he's not playing the riffs his hands are not on the guitar at some points and Tom can be heard playing the rhythm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 12:51 by howled.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 22, 2011 13:16

What a treat, thanks a million, howled.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 14:04

Here he is 38 years later, at RAH - still pretty darn good.

Re: Creedence Live 1970 RAH
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 22, 2011 14:30

Before CCR, during CCR and after CCR, John Fogerty was and still is a f#{k@#@ rock'n'roll guy.Just love most of his stuff.
Thanks for sharin' the YT clips thumbs up

Credits to Baron WOLMAN

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 14:32 by Honestman.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 22, 2011 15:51

Kinda like Grohl's cover, a quite powerful one,

though he's not really firm in his lyrics ...

Posted by: JBH69Flyer ()
Date: December 22, 2011 15:59

Here is a thread to a CCR recording over at PlanetRockLossLess:

[www.planetrocklosslessbootlegs.com]

Comments from the uploader:
Notes: This Is The Same Concert That Fantasy Records First Released As "The Royal Albert Hall Concert" In 1980 Due To The Tape Box Being Mislabeled. It's Actually The Oakland Coliseum Show From January 31, 1970. Once Fantasy Realized The Mistake They Withdrew The Album And Re-Released It As "The Concert". There Are Three Reasons To Get This Cd: First, It's One Of Their Greatest Performances. Second, It Sounds Better Than Others Release, And Third, It Doesn't Have The Annoying Fades Between Songs. It's The Complete Show As It Was Performed That Night.

Best Holiday Wishes-Jimmy

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 22, 2011 17:05

Boy, were they good... Thanks for this outstanding post! I know this is a superficial statemment, but John stole Brian's Jones beautiful haircut...from a distance he almost looks like him!... and lovin' the leather pants...just sayin' eye popping smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 22, 2011 18:33

Fantastic! Fogerty could really bring it as a vocalist. Tom must have left soon after this? I know they played live as a three-piece. Wonder if they sounded any different.

Date: December 23, 2011 04:39

JBH69Flyer
Here is a thread to a CCR recording over at PlanetRockLossLess:

[www.planetrocklosslessbootlegs.com]

Comments from the uploader:
Notes: This Is The Same Concert That Fantasy Records First Released As "The Royal Albert Hall Concert" In 1980 Due To The Tape Box Being Mislabeled. It's Actually The Oakland Coliseum Show From January 31, 1970. Once Fantasy Realized The Mistake They Withdrew The Album And Re-Released It As "The Concert". There Are Three Reasons To Get This Cd: First, It's One Of Their Greatest Performances. Second, It Sounds Better Than Others Release, And Third, It Doesn't Have The Annoying Fades Between Songs. It's The Complete Show As It Was Performed That Night.

Best Holiday Wishes-Jimmy

This is a bit confusing.

Apparently around 1980 there was a Albert Hall live album released but it was really from Oakland.

The clips in this thread are from London and the Albert Hall though because John thanks the people of London just before Keep On Chooglin at the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-23 04:44 by howled.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 23, 2011 04:59

71Tele
I know they played live as a three-piece. Wonder if they sounded any different.

From '72...not the best quality, but gives you an idea of how they sounded.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 23, 2011 05:17

One my favorite bands ever.

Why isn't this on DVD? Shame!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 06:43

LieB
Shortest guitar cable in rock history!

Hehe!

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: December 23, 2011 14:51

Justin
One my favorite bands ever.

Why isn't this on DVD? Shame!

The 1970 Royal Albert Hall concert is on DVD (but only 7 songs):

Tombstone Shadow, Travelin'Band, Green River, The Midnight Special, Bad Moon Rising, Proud Mary, Keep On Chooglin'.

on the The Ultimate Collection DVD.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 15:45

thanks for the post...could use some clarification on the below description of Fogerty tuning his guitar:

First time he played a Stratocaster there was really slinky strings on it and John thought that was great so he used to buy a stringset and an extra high E string, move them all over one place and through the low E string, so everything was real twangy and slinky. On the 3/4 Supro he could really bend.

...how did he string his guitar? What did he use for a low E string?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 15:55

WHEW! That is smoking stuff. That version of Born on a Bayou is AMAZING! Dig that prince valiant hair cut too.

Date: December 25, 2011 00:30

Found the whole show on DVD:

[www.dvd4music.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 25, 2011 00:50

I must say to you kind sir. Youngie, you have shared a very interesting resource I was not aware of. Very cool!!! That is a great site. Have you ordered from them before? I just ordered the CCR and looked at the Stones DVD's and they have a great library of what looks like boots...incredible. Thanks so much Youngie!

Date: December 25, 2011 00:55

Are they boots? I just looked for that DVD.

By the way it's not like we're going to get an official release of the Royal Albert Hall 1970 show. So...

Date: December 25, 2011 01:20

Fogerty is one of my favorite singers; love that power. "Born on the Baayou".

Doug Clifford is completely deceptive; you see him moving slow; just working the snare and a cymbal. But he is putting out amazing power and drive. Some stuttered fills, and working that crash like a ride. Great stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-25 13:23 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: December 25, 2011 01:38

whitem8
I must say to you kind sir. Youngie, you have shared a very interesting resource I was not aware of. Very cool!!! That is a great site. Have you ordered from them before? I just ordered the CCR and looked at the Stones DVD's and they have a great library of what looks like boots...incredible. Thanks so much Youngie!

Can you point out the Stones DVDs that are boots? I can't find any! Only official stuff like: Ladies & Gentlemen, Some Girls, B2B, etc. So much for the "great library of what looks like boots"!!!

LOL. Go back to sleep.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 29, 2011 18:33

I'm just going to revive this thread for a second, I hope no one objects, there was a good oldie song called "Moody River", yeah, Pat Boone's hit is the big one, it's a bit of a mysterious song but John Fogerty rerecorded it in the past year or two. It's sure a curious song, another song showing the '50s had some very outstanding OR at least interesting songs. This is a song that often gets discussed as "what does it mean?" like say Porter Waggoner's Caroll County Accident, kind of neat. In my humble opinion, anyone who knows of this song should chime in. Maybe Naturalust or anyone can comment. JF does it well, quite a bit different.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:36

Sorry BroomWagon, this way way before my time. peace.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:48

Naturalust
Sorry BroomWagon, this way way before my time. peace.

So, you are saying you have never heard of music recorded before you were born? You mentioned Nat King Cole, that might be when Christmas songs come on the radio but it's the same sort of deal, oldies radio.

Okay, also, I thought maybe you knew about John Fogerty's endevours or those of CCR since you talk about knowing some of these people. He's from Modesto I think. I've seen John Fogerty 2 times in person.

Anyway, I tune in a lot of Sirius radio if I do listen to radio off of satellite Dish tv. They have a good selection.

You ought to hear some Jailhouse rock by Elvis, excellent, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry and others too. I guess you haven't heard them before. Gene Vincent, awesome stuff if you've never heard anything recorded before you were born.

This song is fairly well-known by a man from Tupelo Mississippi.

Red River Rock by Johnny and the Hurricanes is some great track too.

If only it were 15 minutes long. What a jam and used in the movie Planes trains and automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-29 20:31 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 29, 2011 20:50

Well it seemed like a fun time then...It's only Rock and Roll. A bit uptight and white by today's standard (Just kidding!) but coming out of the dancing crazes that preceeded it,passed the mark well. peace.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:10

71Tele
Fantastic! Fogerty could really bring it as a vocalist. Tom must have left soon after this? I know they played live as a three-piece. Wonder if they sounded any different.

A bit thinner in places - but still great. And there was a new urgency in John Fogerty's playing as he had to shoulder all guitar duties by himself and handle the vocals on top of that (which he did remarkably well). You can hear them playing Europe in '71 on most (or even all) of the latest CCR remasters. They added live versions from the European tour as bonus tracks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home