Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: The Greatest Rock n Roll Generation
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 17, 2011 06:17

Wanted to revisit my year in kindergarten. 1965. Once again reinforcing the fact that my generation literally grew up on modern rock and roll. And nobody else. You were either before or after. I's three years old when the Beatles hit.

Re: OT: The Greatest Rock n Roll Generation
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 17, 2011 19:14

If you are born 1960 you nearly missed early Stones and The Beatles as I see it....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 17, 2011 19:23

Come On
If you are born 1960 you nearly missed early Stones and The Beatles as I see it....

Not if you had an older brother or sister who played it loud! I grew up on this stuff. Beats the hell out of Barney!

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 18, 2011 00:18

Come On

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up...... Agree with "come On". 1953 was the magic birth year! eye popping smiley

Date: December 18, 2011 02:30

Nah man, I'm talking about having rock DNA in your bones. We pick up beats better because it hasn't changed since '65. We knew this stuff before we were conscious. Yeah, sure, someone can REMEMBER the music when it happened, but you still had to wait ten years to hear real rock. It's in our subconscience. We also have the greatest capacity to accept alternative music, it's not as alien as it would be for someone who depends on derivative beats like someone older typically does. We were the first wave of punks.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: December 18, 2011 04:32

Brue
Nah man, I'm talking about having rock DNA in your bones. We pick up beats better because it hasn't changed since '65. We knew this stuff before we were conscious. Yeah, sure, someone can REMEMBER the music when it happened, but you still had to wait ten years to hear real rock. It's in our subconscience. We also have the greatest capacity to accept alternative music, it's not as alien as it would be for someone who depends on derivative beats like someone older typically does. We were the first wave of punks.

Not to blow your own bloody trumpet...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 18, 2011 14:59

SoulPlunderer
Brue

i believe he's strumming his own guitar here, but yeah...

oh, while i'm at it...what a load of crap....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2011 19:59

StonesTod
SoulPlunderer
Brue

You have to hand it to him though...the way he's positioned it, he does sound quite authoritative. You just need to stand back before an ejaculation occurs.

Date: December 18, 2011 20:56

Must be at least partially true, I haven't heard a better explanation. What, no counterpoints?? This is out of your pay grade StonedToad. I might be off the wall, but you ain't all that bright. Some things can be overcome, and some can't. Although I'm glad to put some spice into the holidays for you all. grinning smiley

Date: December 18, 2011 22:59

Brue
Must be at least partially true, I haven't heard a better explanation. What, no counterpoints?? This is out of your pay grade StonedToad. I might be off the wall, but you ain't all that bright. Some things can be overcome, and some can't. Although I'm glad to put some spice into the holidays for you all. grinning smiley

All you've done is create a self-aggrandizing hypothesis from the top of your head...it isn't 'off the wall', that would be fun. It isn't anything.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2011 23:05

treaclefingers
StonesTod
SoulPlunderer
Brue

You have to hand it to him though...the way he's positioned it, he does sound quite authoritative. You just need to stand back before an ejaculation occurs.

I could do to have a restful Sunday afternoon without thinking about anyone's ejaculations, thank you very much. smoking smiley

Date: December 19, 2011 03:10

treaclefingers
Brue

All you've done is create a self-aggrandizing hypothesis from the top of your head...it isn't 'off the wall', that would be fun. It isn't anything.

Lol - at least I HAVE a self-aggrandizing hypothesis. You ain't got nothing but some petty gripes. Which once again makes mine the greatest rock and roll generation *raucous applause*

Date: December 19, 2011 03:12

Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Lol - at least I HAVE a self-aggrandizing hypothesis. You ain't got nothing but some petty gripes. Which once again makes mine the greatest rock and roll generation *raucous applause*

is your arm getting sore yet? from all the patting of yourself on the back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 03:12 by StonesTod.

Date: December 19, 2011 03:35

StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

...or from doing something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 03:35 by 71Tele.

Date: December 19, 2011 03:44

Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

"LOl"...that's so late 1990's of you.

Look, I'm younger than you, but I may make the 'cutoff' to qualify to be in your 'generation'.
All I'm saying, and listen carefully, is that your an idiot.
That's all...you have to go and reread your drivel...it's pompous and ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 05:25 by treaclefingers.

Date: December 19, 2011 03:45

71Tele
treaclefingers
StonesTod
SoulPlunderer
Brue

I could do to have a restful Sunday afternoon without thinking about anyone's ejaculations, thank you very much. smoking smiley

Yes...far worse being hit though.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 19, 2011 04:04

Come On

Naw. You remember things as a kid. I was 6 when they hit the States. Even in first grade you remeber all the hype.

By the way when the hell are you gonna get rid of that freaky stoned picture of a drugged out Brian Jones. If you're such a fan. remember his greatness not his f'up times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 15:12 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 04:10

Brue
Wanted to revisit my year in kindergarten. 1965. Once again reinforcing the fact that my generation literally grew up on modern rock and roll. And nobody else. You were either before or after. I's three years old when the Beatles hit.

The Greatest R&R Generation?! Nobody else grew up on modern R&R? What a load of crap. Personally, I think the GR&RG came after the 60s when all those old buffoons (w/ a few select exceptions) were washed away.

Date: December 19, 2011 04:19

treaclefingers
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

"LOl"...that so late 1990's of you.

Look, I'm younger than you, but I may make the 'cutoff' to qualify to be in your 'generation'.
All I'm saying, and listen carefully, is that your an idiot.
That's all...you have to go and reread your drivel...it's pompous and ridiculous.

Son, I can tell you're younger than me because you haven't refined your smack yet. Don't know if you're ready for this, but as far as theories go, especially on this board, I believe mine is of great significance and has obviously ruffled a few feathers. When you were in kindergarten, what was on the radio for you? The second STP album? Nirvana? Maybe you remember INXS?? Guess you never thought about the sea of mediocrity you grew up with, because it shows in your mediocre attitude.

Date: December 19, 2011 04:21

71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Dude if I was as ugly as you, I'd just shut the hell up.

Date: December 19, 2011 04:22

StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

No, but I guarantee your backside will hurt as long as I have my foot in it.

Date: December 19, 2011 04:25

MJG196
Brue

The Greatest R&R Generation?! Nobody else grew up on modern R&R? What a load of crap. Personally, I think the GR&RG came after the 60s when all those old buffoons (w/ a few select exceptions) were washed away.

No man, you were SECOND generation - you had to have older people tell you about rock, we were actually THERE. It's like you never got a chance to feel all the excitement. You're only left with emulating it.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 04:34

How were you there? You were 3 when the Beatles hit! They are a bunch of overrated studio musicians, anyways. DOn't get me started on how Lennon is among the most overrated and over-appreciated musical masturbators of all time.

Your "Greatest" generation was emulating black American R&B acts! What a bunch of original rockers they were! Looks like you were born too late!
This is as pathetic as the threads trying to figger out who the greatest Stones fans are ("I was there, so I have to be a bigger fan than you" sorta stuff).

Date: December 19, 2011 05:28

Brue
71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Huh? Ugly? Moi?

My, my. Are we having trouble taking a joke?

Date: December 19, 2011 05:37

Brue, here's a tid-bit from my 'mediocre attitude'...you're actually quite funny and I'm enjoying the bitch-slapping you're taking from everyone.

It's almost as though you're playing devil's advocate and seeing who'll bite just to stir up a little controversy.

I say almost because I actually think you're too stupid to understand what I'm even saying right now.

So please, let the games continue....

Date: December 19, 2011 05:38

71Tele
Brue
71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Huh? Ugly? Moi?

How would you feel if you were caught masturbating...it isn't pretty.

Date: December 19, 2011 06:28

treaclefingers
71Tele
Brue
71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Huh? Ugly? Moi?

I'm still smarting over Brue thinking I'm ugly, though I'm not sure how he'd know.

Date: December 19, 2011 06:43

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele
Brue
71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Huh? Ugly? Moi?

I'm still smarting over Brue thinking I'm ugly, though I'm not sure how he'd know.

He doesn't need to know...he can 'feel it' because of his rock'n'rollness.

Date: December 19, 2011 14:18

Brue
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

No, but I guarantee your backside will hurt as long as I have my foot in it.

but there are exercises for that, right? chronic back pain is no laughing matter, you know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 14:19 by StonesTod.

Date: December 19, 2011 20:20

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele
Brue
71Tele
StonesTod
Brue
treaclefingers
Brue

Huh? Ugly? Moi?

Ok, you're ruggedly handsome. For a horse.winking smiley Btw, I'm pleased to see that a representative of the greatest rock and roll generation had a moment in the sun with Keith.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home