Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Quadrophenia Tour On Hold; More Daltrey "Tommy" Shows To Come
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 22, 2011 04:09

ROGER DALTREY ADDS "TOMMY" DATES FOR 2012

12/21/2011

Roger Daltrey will be taking his "Tommy" tour further around the world in 2012. After already touring the U.K. and North America, Daltrey will play Europe and Australia during the spring, beginning March 9 in Padova, Italy, and trekking through Europe into April before moving to Australia, where he'll play four shows -- including the annual Bluesfest on April 9 in Tyagarah. Both Daltrey and Townshend have talked about a Who "Quadrophenia" tour in 2012; Townshend has said it will likely take place in the fall, but no details have been announced.

Re: OT: Quadrophenia Tour On Hold; More Daltrey "Tommy" Shows To Come
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:25

Interesting. Pete also in a recent post said he has been trying to talk Roger into Quadrophenia shows, but he is resisting. He remarked it was ironic, because over the years it is usually Daltry trying to talk Pete into playing. I wonder what is up. A bit of a rift? Those two often seem to have issues. I was just watching Max R and B and it is interesting to note how many negative interviews there are with Pete with him slagging Roger. In one he describes how he loathed playing Sister Disco with Roger. He remarks that at the end there is a moment when Roger looks at Pete as if they were the Everly Bros and wanted to have an intimate moment that Pete really brutally writes off. Saying he hates doing that song, and Dreaming From the Waste.
I hope they do get their shit together and do some Quadro shows. It is amazing that we can still hope to see Pete and Roger playing together, it is a gift that I take to heart. I always preferred Quadro over Tommy. . .

Re: OT: Quadrophenia Tour On Hold; More Daltrey "Tommy" Shows To Come
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 22, 2011 12:40

Whitem8:thumbs up

I agree 100%!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home