Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Would rather hear the el mocambo 77' show or the NME poll winners 68'?
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:27

What a tuff question... But that 68 show is up there in holy grail status... discuss.

Re: Would rather hear the el mocambo 77' show or the NME poll winners 68'?
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:32

I would like both of course. But If I had to choose, I would choose the NME poll winners concert as it is the last concert with Brian Jones.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:33

if i had to choose between those two, i would pick the '73 nicaraguan benefit show...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:43

StonesTod
if i had to choose between those two, i would pick the '73 nicaraguan benefit show...

Taylor just soared on No Expectations (best live version ever) and YCAGWYA. I would at least love to get this with better audio quality.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:43

Give me the 1968 NME show... audio AND video

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:53

I would rather hear NME 1968; that's maybe the recording that seems the most interesting out of all unreleased RS concert BUT in on the other hand; NME is so short that El Mocambo seems like a better choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-01 00:55 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:21

Definitely El Mocombo...best setlists ever...

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:21

elmo..

but IM from canada,, so alittle bias

Date: December 1, 2011 01:52

Nicaragua show oud be nice too.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:53

stupidguy2
StonesTod

Taylor just soared on No Expectations (best live version ever) and YCAGWYA. I would at least love to get this with better audio quality.

H my God, we e certainly was loud. I was at that show, and MT was louder than the rest of the and combined. It did not make for a great experience in the house, as his lines did literally soar over the music. Nowt to do with him that the mix was so lopsided of course.

You all know that the bootleg series is not going to be six Mick Taylor gigs, don't you?

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:54

What'd they play in 68?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:55

...since we have Brussels now I'd vote El Mocambo.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 01:58

I'd love both too, but I'll have to say '68. We just got a '78 performance on CD and video, and some of the El Mocambo songs are on "Love You Live" correct? The Brian Jones era isn't well represented on official releases, just "Got Live If You Want It" and the handful of tracks on R&R Circus, and I believe I've heard that his guitar is mixed out on a number of tracks on that one.

Date: December 1, 2011 02:08

TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod

H my God, we e certainly was loud. I was at that show, and MT was louder than the rest of the and combined. It did not make for a great experience in the house, as his lines did literally soar over the music. Nowt to do with him that the mix was so lopsided of course.

You all know that the bootleg series is not going to be six Mick Taylor gigs, don't you?

i'm still failing to understand why it did not make for a great experience...and it's ok if it's not six mt gigs. nme + 5 mt gigs, right?

Date: December 1, 2011 02:17

TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

I have no idea... I know they played jumping jack flash and satistaction

Date: December 1, 2011 02:25

Loudei
TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

forget it, then

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2011 02:32

Loudei
TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

..and that was it.

Hardly makes for an essential release.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 1, 2011 02:39

Date: December 1, 2011 02:44

Gazza
Loudei
TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

..and that was it.

agree...if they just paraded out the warhorses, might as well go with any vegas-era show....

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 1, 2011 03:03

StonesTod
Loudei
TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

forget it, then

Sounds like a Costco mentality.

I'd rather hear two classic songs performed by the original line-up.

The Stones in 1968.

That's two shots of adrenaline.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 1, 2011 03:12

Gazza
Loudei
TeaAtThree
What'd they play in 68?

..and that was it.

If the footage exists of the 68 NME,and being the case that there was only two songs played - maybe an idea could be to release it in a 50th anniversary documentary,kinda like an updated 25 x 5.Although from previous discussions on this subject,Im not sure of the existance of the footage.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: December 1, 2011 03:12

An official El Macombo release, please. Thank you

Date: December 1, 2011 03:24

StonesTod
TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod

i'm still failing to understand why it did not make for a great experience...and it's ok if it's not six mt gigs. nme + 5 mt gigs, right?

No shit. What a nit-picker....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 1, 2011 05:16

I would love to see both pro shot on dvd, yeah i know its a pipe dream since the EL MOCAMBO wasnt filmed

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 1, 2011 05:32

But they only played 2 songs at the NME show!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 06:17

stupidguy2
StonesTod
TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod

Why? I've seen the Stones two dozen times, starting in 1969, and the Nicaragua benefit was one of the two worst shows of them. You may enjoy the bootleg, but in the house it was weak.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 1, 2011 06:25

Yeah 2 songs versus an entire club gig. I would vote for El Mecombo. With the two songs from NME as bonus material on a full concert from that era.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 1, 2011 07:04

TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod

That's unfortunate.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 1, 2011 07:07

The only appropriate solution is to have a two-disc set of a complete El Mocambo show with the 1968 NME Awards performance as bonus tracks! That'll make everyone happy.

Date: December 1, 2011 07:09

TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod
TeddyB1018
stupidguy2
StonesTod

Why? I've seen the Stones two dozen times, starting in 1969, and the Nicaragua benefit was one of the two worst shows of them. You may enjoy the bootleg, but in the house it was weak.

I was being slightly sarcastic. I've seen the Stones since 89 and what I wouldn't give to have seen them in 69,72 or 73....
Lucky you. That's all I meant.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home