Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Madonna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 5, 2011 09:09

whatever.... I shall not be watching.

Re: OT: Madonna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 5, 2011 09:16

Is that show a big thing?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 5, 2011 09:22

I think it is....to some folks....nah, not really.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 5, 2011 11:46

great!
i hope she will show us some nice underwear

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 5, 2011 12:12

This was announced months ago...

Date: December 5, 2011 12:14

andrea66
great!
i hope she will show us some nice underwear

Well then it is a big thing...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 5, 2011 15:50

Imagine the "wardrobe malfunction." One shudders to think.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 5, 2011 16:10

R

Well someone in the crowd requested a "wardrobe malfunction" at Live Aid in 1985.

I clearly remember her response.

Date: December 5, 2011 16:29

Didn't Mick discover her on the 81 tour?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: December 5, 2011 16:50

Didn't Mick once describe her as a sea of ambition with a thimble of talent back in the 80's?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 5, 2011 16:56

steel driving hammer
Didn't Mick discover her on the 81 tour?

Is that a euphemism?

Date: December 5, 2011 17:11

RollingFreak
This was announced months ago...

It was? Ha ha! Didn't notice. Whatever - the whole thing has lost its appeal.

Date: December 5, 2011 17:11

Sam Spade
Didn't Mick once describe her as a sea of ambition with a thimble of talent back in the 80's?

I read that too.

Forgot where though.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 6, 2011 04:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Whatever - the whole thing has lost its appeal.

Are you talking about the Super Bowl or Madonna?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 6, 2011 04:19

She's actually the trophy this year and will be awarded to the winning team.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 6, 2011 05:38

Send It To me
She's actually the trophy this year and will be awarded to the winning team.

Kinda like Cartman's mom with the 1989 Denver Broncos. As someone once described her, "A splendid time that was had by all."

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 6, 2011 06:20

This will be the first Superbowl halftime show in years I am not looking forward to. Well, last year too, I forgot about that one already.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 6, 2011 06:21

R
Exactly. One wardrobe malfunction I can do without. Another reason to take a nice long piss break at halftime.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 6, 2011 06:36

hol-i-day....

Date: December 6, 2011 07:09

I'm gonna watch real close cause it may be "Rockman" in drag, dressed like Madonna

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 07:36

Come On

I think it is for the people that don't actually care about the game. Some people watch the Super Bowl for everything BUT the game. Commercials, half-time show, etc. I like to call these people morons. Who cares about a bunch of commercials that over the next year are going to be shown ad nauseum anyway? I went to a Super Bowl party once where people would all gather around the TV to watch the commercials, then when the game would start back up they'd mute it and start mingling, then at a commercial break they'd shoosh everybody and gather round. Luckily I managed to find some people actually watching the game on a TV out in the garage with a cooler of beer.

As far as the half-time show goes, it's not really that big of a deal. I think people are curious about who is chosen each year, and everybody has an opinion on it, but they really don't care about the performance. It got to be where it was pretty good for a while, having a lot of classic rock acts. Paul McCartney, The Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, etc. Then year before last The Who came out and absolutely stunk up the joint and I think they decided it was time to get back with to the pop stars.

Date: December 6, 2011 08:30

NoCode0680
Come On

I think it is for the people that don't actually care about the game. Some people watch the Super Bowl for everything BUT the game. Commercials, half-time show, etc. I like to call these people morons. Who cares about a bunch of commercials that over the next year are going to be shown ad nauseum anyway? I went to a Super Bowl party once where people would all gather around the TV to watch the commercials, then when the game would start back up they'd mute it and start mingling, then at a commercial break they'd shoosh everybody and gather round. Luckily I managed to find some people actually watching the game on a TV out in the garage with a cooler of beer.

As far as the half-time show goes, it's not really that big of a deal. I think people are curious about who is chosen each year, and everybody has an opinion on it, but they really don't care about the performance. It got to be where it was pretty good for a while, having a lot of classic rock acts. Paul McCartney, The Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, etc. Then year before last The Who came out and absolutely stunk up the joint and I think they decided it was time to get back with to the pop stars.

Wow...they paid for even Stones to play a couple of numbers in half time...then it's pretty big...half the U.S. is probably banged in front of the television sets ..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 08:50

Come On

Wow...they paid for even Stones to play a couple of numbers in half time...then it's pretty big...half the U.S. is probably banged in front of the television sets ..

Yeah, I mean, anything that happens during the Super Bowl is kind of a big deal because some 111 million people (that was the number that watched last year) are watching. That's not to say 111 million people care about the halftime show, but they spare no expense. And there is a lot of halftime counter-programming by other networks that sometimes drags people away.

The Stones halftime show was pretty much the only one I enjoyed, even though they only played "Start Me Up", "Rough Justice" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". I liked some of the other artists that have played, but did not enjoy their performance. The Stones just seemed to fit in though.

And having the stage shaped like the Stones logo was great.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:20

Good reason to have a break!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:54

I can't wait!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 6, 2011 17:28

NoCode0680
Come On

Yeah, I mean, anything that happens during the Super Bowl is kind of a big deal because some 111 million people (that was the number that watched last year) are watching. That's not to say 111 million people care about the halftime show, but they spare no expense. And there is a lot of halftime counter-programming by other networks that sometimes drags people away.

The Stones halftime show was pretty much the only one I enjoyed, even though they only played "Start Me Up", "Rough Justice" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". I liked some of the other artists that have played, but did not enjoy their performance. The Stones just seemed to fit in though.

And having the stage shaped like the Stones logo was great.

With slight alterations, Madonna could use that stage shaped like one of her body parts. Get into the grooove, indeed! smileys with beer

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-06 17:28 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:01

Madonna + Super Bowl = disaster + monstrosity

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2011 21:15

Hoping for a wardrobe malfunction. Well, maybe not.

Bad idea. The Eagles or John Fogerty would have been a better choice. Maybe ZZ Top. Anyone but Madogna.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 6, 2011 21:57

Like her or not, she did some f*cking good stuff, my gentlemen:

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 6, 2011 22:10

Come On
NoCode0680
Come On

They don't pay anybody for their performance. The acts get plenty of free publicity.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home