Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dealing with FLAC - Mac users
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 26, 2011 06:42

If, like me, you have an Apple Mac and you don't like mp3, you purchased the FLAC version of Brussels Affair. In case anyone's still struggling with the FLAC file format, a little Mac application called Max will convert the FLAC file to virtually anything, including Apple's own lossless ALAC codec, and very conveniently add the output to your iTunes library. And it's free.

[sbooth.org]

Re: Dealing with FLAC - Mac users
Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 12:11

Excellent! Thanks for the post. BTW, I still have no idea what a FLAC file is! Is it better than standard MP3??

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: November 26, 2011 12:18

for a mac download this software: [tmkk.pv.land.to]

you can convert you flac to mp3 and import them directly into iTunes.

if you search on google you will find a couple of tutorials on how to use it. it's the best audio converter on the mac and updated regularly.

---

and if you still don't know why flac is better than mp3 and will not spend 15min googleing the flac/mp3 issue you might be better off listening to mp3.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 26, 2011 12:19

I don't convert, I play the FLAC's with VLC. Great free 'lil app...

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:37

FLAC is one of a number of codec algorithms (file formats) that can repackage standard PCM audio ( CD audio) in a more efficient manner, so file sizes are smaller but no actual audio information is thrown away. It differs from AAC and mp3 codecs in that they use psychoacoustics to throw away certain sound information that you are assumed to not be able to hear.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:40

i've always wondered where the sound information ends up when they throw it away...i wonder if there's some place where sound information bums go to rummage through this stuff...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home