Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile Bonus Disc now sold separately?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 24, 2011 00:40

Today I picked up the Live in Texas blu-ray (with cd = AWESOME!)
Anyways, I almost bought the double-disc Some Girls, but I decided to pass till after Christmas.

Anyways, looking in the Stones section I saw this...
[www.amazon.com]

Is this simply the bonus disc from Exile alone?
This is actually another reason why I put the Some Girls down - it was the same price as the Live set, but I've purchased Some Girls 4 times already, and the Virgin CD still sounds awesome - and the collector packaging is still cooler than the new one (ditto Exile).
And if I know that the Some Girls bonus disc might come out alone too...
Just sayin'.

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: Exile Bonus Disc now sold separately?
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 00:46

Hey Jamesfdouglas!

Target actually sold this when the Exile re-release came out. I was hoping for the same with Some Girls, as I too love the Virgin version, but it doesn't look like that has happened. And if it's not being done now when the huge launch is being done, then I wouldn't expect to see it down the road...
VL13

Date: November 24, 2011 01:19

I didn't know that, thanks Voodoo Lounge.
I wish I did at the time, I'm not a fan of forced double-dipping to get bonus stuff.

Pink Floyd's did the same thing with Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here (bonus live discs only available by re-purchasing the same album again).

I swear, Mick Jagger and George Lucas trade notes!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:42

VoodooLounge13
Hey Jamesfdouglas!

Target actually sold this when the Exile re-release came out. I was hoping for the same with Some Girls, as I too love the Virgin version, but it doesn't look like that has happened. And if it's not being done now when the huge launch is being done, then I wouldn't expect to see it down the road...
VL13

Exactly. Since I couldn't get the SG bonus cd by itself like I could with EOMS, and I wasn't thrilled with what I had heard, I passed. I did find a t-shirt/box/SG and SG bonus disc for only $34 at a BestBuy/Target store which I hadn't seen as an option online beforehand. I think you're right; if it wasn't available on day one, there are probably no plans to release it (the bonus disc) on its own. However, it might not be too out of the question as a future download if their internet strategy keeps getting ideas.

Of course, much of the anxiety of not taking part in a new RS release for only the 3rd time in 35 years (live licks, SAL cd and now SG bonus) was dispelled as I walked out with the awesome Live '78 dvd and had gotten the Brussels download a day or two beforehand.

Date: November 24, 2011 01:56

Oh, I hear ya! I'm SAILING on a HUGE buzz from the Texas stuff!!! Just watched the film and have the live CD cranked as I type this (GOD I LOVE IT!!!)

I'm looking forward to Brussels, as I've come to realize that for all these years I wasn't actually listening to Brussels, but Bedspring Symphony!

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home