Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Article about the Stones in todays Tribune
Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 16:56

The last paragraph gives me hope for a 50th tour

[www.latimes.com]

Re: Article about the Stones in todays Tribune
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:02

But first, there's the 50th anniversary. Richards, Wood and drummer Charlie Watts are scheduled to gather later this month in London to rehearse for the first time in three years, a clear signal that the Stones are ramping up in some fashion.

"The Stones still work," said Richards. "I know [the prospect of a tour] it's an all important point but there's nothing more I'm going to say about that. But the Stones will pull it together. It always comes easy once you get the bunch of guys together. It's the getting the guys together that's the hard part."

From the link above. I'm not sure of a full tour as we've come to know it. But they will do something special for the 50th.smoking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:03

why would they rehearse for nothing?

Date: November 20, 2011 17:06

melillo
why would they rehearse for nothing?

my point exactly

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:08

Cocaine Eyes
But first, there's the 50th anniversary. Richards, Wood and drummer Charlie Watts are scheduled to gather later this month in London to rehearse for the first time in three years, a clear signal that the Stones are ramping up in some fashion.

"The Stones still work," said Richards. "I know [the prospect of a tour] it's an all important point but there's nothing more I'm going to say about that. But the Stones will pull it together. It always comes easy once you get the bunch of guys together. It's the getting the guys together that's the hard part."

From the link above. I'm not sure of a full tour as we've come to know it. But they will do something special for the 50th.smoking smiley

Sure sounds like it, I'd have to agree. These are nice things to be reading about them these days, nice noises to be hearing from them .... put it how you like. Something'll break sooner or later, it'll be fascinating to see what it is.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 20, 2011 17:11

maybe a PPV event with current and past members? not out of the question

Date: November 20, 2011 17:14

melillo
maybe a PPV event with current and past members? not out of the question

For a one-off that would be the only way to satisfy the masses and maximize the profits

Date: November 20, 2011 17:16

hey stones camp if you are reading this and i know that you are , please consider this very seriously

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: November 20, 2011 18:20

If they want the biggest viewing audience for a show like this i'd recomend that they'd put it on HBO /Showtime and not PPV.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home