Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Life must be selling good, or what about where you live?
Posted by: stein ()
Date: November 10, 2010 17:16

A quick look around about best selling books Keiths book holds a third place in US and UK on the websites I found.
Here in Norway it is already printed three times and is on second place on the list of any kind of books. (checked ARK and Tanum)

I dont know much about musican related book sale but, have never heard about anything like this.
On the other hand I have seen thousands of music related books offered for the price of the paper they are written on.

Re: Life must be selling good, or what about where you live?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:31

I bought the english version the same day it was released, and a year later the swedish one (which I'm reading right now)...It's always great to read a book on it's original language (especially musician-bios), but I have to admit I didn't got everything that Keith wrote...For me it's a much richer reading translated...

smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: November 16, 2011 14:26

The audio version (20 discs!) is an interesting experience too - I'm on disc 9 at present, where he's discussing the writing of Jumpin' Jack Flash. My only quibble is the second narrator's Cockney accent; it makes Keith sound a bit ignorant. 'owlin' Wolf, Wild 'orses -- Keith doesn't talk like that!! Johnny Depp was much better, he just read it straight for the most part, only going into his Cap'n Jack lingo when Keith was speaking.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2011 14:29

Cool if Keith himself had read it...would have been some laughs to share there tooo....smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home