Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood's latest gig - designing clock faces
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 8, 2011 14:11

It appears our Ronnie has branched out to designing clock faces. Definitely the hardest working Stones judging by his amazing workload this year - DJ, touring The Faces, designing clothes, painting.

The Rolling Stones's Ronnie Wood collaborates with Bremont
8 November 2011 | By Kate Donovan

Musician and artist Ronnie Wood is collaborating with British watch brand Bremont to create 14 Art Clocks.

Wood, probably best known for being a member of The Rolling Stones and Faces but more recently for his artwork, is creating the limited edition bespoke Art Clocks with Bremont Watch Company, winner of the UK Jewellery Awards Watch Brand of The Year category, 2011.

Using Bremont’s B1 Marine Clock, both the dial and internal case of each clock will be hand-painted by Wood and will depict a different period of his life.

The collaboration is in line with the Best of British sensibility embodied by Bremont. Wood said: “I am so happy to be involved with Bremont on this exciting adventure. I feel there will be a magnificent opportunity through my art to show what has influenced me throughout my life which include my water heritage, my well documented life in music and of course my abiding passion for horses.

“All of these reflections will gather together to be seen in this most British tradition. I have always loved my timepieces and now I have the opportunity to thoroughly indulge myself with Bremont.”

Bremont is also pleased with the apt partnering. Bremont co-founder Giles English commented: “This is a unique collaboration where we have brought artesian clock-making and fine-art together to make a truly beautiful object. It is a huge privilege to be working with Ronnie, and he has brought a completely new prospective to our thinking about the clock, but also the ability to make each truly unique.”

Inspired by John Harrison’s original Ships Chronometer, Bremont has built a marine clock as a tribute to Harrison. The clock is made in England and has been designed in-house with some features including three time zones, 30 day power reserve, date, 90 day chronograph and a fully waterproof case. Due to the complicated design, Bremont has said that it will only be able to make 10 to 15 clocks per year.

The first clock is being shown at Salon QP on Thursday at the Saatchi Gallery, which Wood will attend with Bremont co-founders Nick and Giles English for the unveiling.

[www.retail-jeweller.com]

Here's one of his designs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-08 17:25 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Ronnie Wood's latest gig - from The Faces to designing clock faces
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2011 14:30

Me thinks the good Mr R wood might just have been a little under-estimated to date in the "talent" stakes; that is a damm fine piece of artwork it seems to me. Clever lad he is for sure, go for it Sir Ron ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Ronnie Wood's latest gig - designing clock faces
Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 8, 2011 17:57

NiCE work! Can anyone say, "niche"?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 8, 2011 18:03

Love that. Ronnie's animal pieces are my favourites of his work.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 8, 2011 19:22

Very nice ideed. Wonder if it's affordable. If so I'd buy one.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 9, 2011 00:19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home