Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Frank Zappa chats with Jagger / Faithfull
Posted by: ClashMusic ()
Date: November 4, 2011 19:49

Hello!

Might have seen this before... BUT

ClashMusic have published an extract from Pauline Butcher's new book 'Freak Out' which recalls a chat between the guitarist, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull about revolution, flower power etc.

You can find it here:

[www.clashmusic.com]

Re: Frank Zappa chats with Jagger / Faithfull
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:19

Thanks for the cool link.
That book is on my "to get" list.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:25

would like that book for Christmas ! have always admired F Zappa. I consider him a genious: his lyrics his songs amazing .........

What is the Stones fans' opinion on Frank Zappa ? smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:31

frank was far above the rest of the rock'n'roll community on so many levels - his genius as a guitarist alone puts him in rarified air. i feel unworthy of even listening to frank. it's only on occasion i feel worthy enough.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 4, 2011 21:45

Yes....rarified. I guess you weren;t allowed to have fun though."They were dismissed"? Too much laughing? Yellow Snow? Dancin Fool?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 4, 2011 22:11

Cafaro
Yes....rarified. I guess you weren;t allowed to have fun though."They were dismissed"? Too much laughing? Yellow Snow? Dancin Fool?

all the above...and more.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 23:38

This quote from the book >>> "Just like Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger deferred to Frank, and I didn’t know why. Was it simply the power of his music and lyrics?" <<< reminds me of what the new Lennon biography below said of when John Lennon and Zappa played together. Zappa couldn't understand why Lennon was so thrilled to meet him. Lennon told an interviewer at the time that Zappa got a band to work together smoothly in a way other bands try for but never manage.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 5, 2011 00:10

He comes off as a sourpuss in that anecdote.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 5, 2011 01:47

would like that book for Christmas ! have always admired F Zappa. I consider him a genious: his lyrics his songs amazing .........

What is the Stones fans' opinion on Frank Zappa ? smiling smiley

LOVE Frank and the various configurations of The Mothers, but it's true Frank's genius was to push others to play his music for him. Some of the most @#$%& up ideas put to tunage, that's for sure. I mean, "Gregory Peccary"? WHAT THE HELL?!? I didn't stop laughing the first time I was turned on to THAT one. Geez ...

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: November 5, 2011 02:07

Well, Brian kind of dismissed Frank that time he burped in his face.
smiling smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 5, 2011 03:07

Interesting story. That girl has a photographic memory. I would imagine that if Zappa and Jagger were in a room together their personalities wouldn't really compliment each other. They'd clash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 03:07 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 18:10

PLAYBOY: "Did Mick Jagger once pull a splinter out of your toe?"

FRANK ZAPPA: "Yeah. He came by my house and I was hopping around because of this splinter, so he pulled it out. Good story, huh? I did like his attitude and the Stones' attitude. Ultimately, though, the music was being done because it was product. It was pop music made because there was a record company waiting for records."

Full interview here >>> [www.science.uva.nl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home