Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Mick says regarding the 50th "there is nothing on the table". Do you believe him?
Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 22, 2011 19:57

This question was asked on a related thread, and got zero replies.

1) Is there an offer from Cohl or LiveNation or both or someone else on the table?

2) If not, that is, if Mick is telling the truth, is it more a general economic
thing or specifically a "too risky" thing in terms of the health of some
of the members? remember, bono's back boo-boo has cost that tour almost all of
its profits, according to some reports.

3) assuming again that Mick truths when he says he doesnt know what will happen,
considering that the stones, if they want, have already gone out with a
considerable Bang, does it make any sense at all, from THEIR perspective, not
yours, to now instead go out with a whimper?

we know we are sometime fcukwits, but we are really trying to understand what
the fcuk is going on.

Re: Mick says regarding the 50th "there is nothing on the table". Do you believe him?
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:01

You mean to tell me his cards aren't on the table? They usually are aren't they?

Re: Mick says regarding the 50th "there is nothing on the table". Do you believe him?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:01

In a word - no.

Date: October 22, 2011 20:04

Gazza
In a word - no.

think at some point, you mentioned that some specifics might be forthcoming
shortly. do you have further info now, even if you can't share it?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:04

Date: October 22, 2011 20:05

But Mick says his cards are on the table...

Date: October 22, 2011 20:06

Max'sKansasCity

c'mon Max, you too. Spill or speculate.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:15

nocomment
Max'sKansasCity

c'mon Max, you too. Spill or speculate.
Just saying
He may have said there are no cards on the table,
he didnt say anything about up his sleeve...

I sure dont know any inside scoop, except from what some supposed "insiders" have tried to post on this board... and usually these newer people are BLASTED THE FK outta here, made fun of, etc etc.... when they were just offering tips... I didnt judge them, or make fun of them, I just read what they said

Date: October 22, 2011 20:43

nocomment
Gazza
In a word - no.

shortly.
do you have further info now, even if you can't share it?

I dont recall saying THAT, to be honest!

My understanding is that the band have agreed to tour in 2012. However, I'd be a liar if I claimed to know any details beyond that.

Date: October 22, 2011 20:49

Gazza
nocomment
Gazza
In a word - no.

shortly.
do you have further info now, even if you can't share it?

I dont recall saying THAT, to be honest!

My understanding is that the band have agreed to tour in 2012. However, I'd be a liar if I claimed to know any details beyond that.

probably mixing you up with stonesdoug, sorry. that the inside word is
tour 2012, stated as specifically as that, is quite the news story.

will get the skinny to CNN asap. if u and stonesdoug are sure, plenty
good enough for yours truly. will re-align our thinking accordingly.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:54

of course something has been offered and of course something is on the table it would be more absurd if that wasnt the case

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 22, 2011 21:49

His smokescreen reason was Charlie... gives him some time...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 22, 2011 21:53

bv
His smokescreen reason was Charlie... gives him some time...

It will probably take me hours to figure out the message in this statement. confused smiley

Date: October 22, 2011 22:43

charlie is on tour thats why

Date: October 22, 2011 23:03

Charlie can get up and walk away - or stay...

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 23:13

nocomment

1) Is there an offer from Cohl or LiveNation or both or someone else on the table?

3) assuming again that Mick truths when he says he doesnt know what will happen,

the fcuk is going on.

I do believe him, yes!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 23:29

nocomment

the fcuk is going on.

The answer is:

Live Nation sued its former chairman, Michael Cohl, in November last year for the sum of $5.35 million (£3.3 million), saying that Mr Cohl breached the terms of an agreement he signed when he left the company, detailing how the pair would compete for bids in the future. Mr Cohl has now hit back at the promoters, saying they in fact broke the terms of the deal first, by hindering his attempts to claim the rights to a possible Rolling Stones "50th"year celebration tour.
Under the terms of the deal, Mr Cohl was said to be required to pay $9.85 million in instalments to Live Nation, which would allow him to keep working with the Stones,However, Live Nation claimed this sum was not paid. The lawsuit also reveals Mick Jagger and Keith Richards know about the disagreement and have no desire to be associated with it.

Stones are no longer working with Cohl nor with Live Nation. They are free...and floating in the air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-22 23:38 by seitan.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 23:39

I heard the same thing as Gazza. If they need capital, both Mick and Keith are still close to Steve Bing. I find it hard to believe that Mick Jagger can resist another round in the spotlight. For those of you worried about Keith, the band hasn't toured without a safety net in 30 years.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:32

DragonSky
You mean to tell me his cards aren't on the table? They usually are aren't they?

HA HA HA! The "cards on the table" reference always cracks me up!!!!!!

Posted by: thePenguin ()
Date: October 23, 2011 02:01

Date: October 23, 2011 02:17

I bet the book and the todger comment were all part of the master plan

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 02:24

TeddyB1018
For those of you worried about Keith, the band hasn't toured without a safety net in 30 years.

No kidding. This band stopped "needing" Keith in a musical sense years ago. For the "next tour" (believe it when I see it), he could still take the stage with a stringless prop guitar, ala Elvis in the 50's, and we'd all get our dose of luvable ole Keef. Actually, that wouldn't be too much different than last tour.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 23, 2011 02:24

I'd say wait til late Spring 2012 before Mick goes all in.
25x5x2

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 23, 2011 04:00

Wait until Spring 2012 for Mick?

Eeee, what do you think, Gazza...perhaps news yet this year or early winter, anyway?

Date: October 23, 2011 04:04

It'd be unprecedented for them to announce a tour that far in advance.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 23, 2011 09:26

I believe MJ. A horrible global economy that keeps getting worse, has caused MJ to think twice. He is such a a conservaive guy with money, I don't see him putting his financial ass on the line assuming such a huge risk like a huge stadium tour. IMO.

No big tour. Maybe a few arenas and a Pay per view event. That is how I see it. And the tiny todger incident, I dont have a warm and fuzzy feeling about MJ and KR ever writing together again. Time is not on their side.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2011 09:35

Midnight Toker
I believe MJ. A horrible global economy that keeps getting worse, has caused MJ to think twice. He is such a a conservaive guy with money, I don't see him putting his financial ass on the line assuming such a huge risk like a huge stadium tour. IMO.

No big tour. Maybe a few arenas and a Pay per view event. That is how I see it. And the tiny todger incident, I dont have a warm and fuzzy feeling about MJ and KR ever writing together again. Time is not on their side.

They haven't had their 'arse on the line' since '78 have they? Jovan sponsored '81 and Cohl has underwritten every tour since...no financial risk.

The only issue I believe at question, is are there any offers on the table they are considering.

I believe it's complex...there are offers, the economy is bad so the offers aren't as attractive as they'd like, plus, Mick is pissed at KR, and is in no hurry.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 23, 2011 10:43

Do you really want to go to a new tour, Mick talks of risks about money and profit but I'm talking about the ability of the band playing well. I HOPE there will be no new tour. Open the vaults. All the good years are behind them. When it's time to stop with "elegance", don't go to a catastrophic ending.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 23, 2011 10:54

aprilfool
Do you really want to go to a new tour, Mick talks of risks about money and profit but I'm talking about the ability of the band playing well. I HOPE there will be no new tour. Open the vaults. All the good years are behind them. When it's time to stop with "elegance", don't go to a catastrophic ending.

thumbs up

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 11:42

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home