Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Another Ronnie disappointment?
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 2, 2010 10:05

stonestod- you have a good point about the ex etc.. i think a big part of him is still a teenager and he never really has grown up. and with a compulsive personality, look out. party in the frathouse.

you know, a sober ronnie, who knows how could he be if and when the fellas tour again. i do like and admire his 7 mos. sobriety. as ringo once sang "it don't come easy".

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 2, 2010 14:22

Has anyone here won anything in a competition or promotion directly associated with the Stones or any member of the band as opposed to a radio station, for example, giving away tickets to a concert?

I vaguely remember a prize being offered to the buyer of the millionth (or some other high round number) ticket for the Urban Jungle tour but don't recall any publicity for the winner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-02 14:38 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: Sway714 ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:25

Since you asked...

In 2005 (Bigger Bang Tour) I entered a contest Ronnie's son, Tyrone held @ Ronnie's web site. The prize was a meet and greet with Ronnie in NYC @ PoP gallery where he was having an art exibit of his paintings and two tickets to see The Stones in NY. All you had to do was answer 1 question. I think it was something like Q. "What movie featured a song written by Ronnie in the soundtrack?" A. Mahoney's Last Stand. I submitted and a week later I received an e-mail that I was the ONLY winner. I am a HUGE Ron Wood fan and have been most of my life. I could not believe I won. I live in New Jersey so it was no problem for me to get there. Since I entered under my wife's name she was the "real" winner. (Always enter your wife or girlfriends name when entering these contests) So we went to the gallery under the premise that she was the "huge" fan. ANYWAY It was GREAT We were in the gallery when David Bowie came in and signed the Painting Ronnie did of him. The place was packed!

When Ronnie arrived he was swamped by his fans. He hung out for some elbow rubbing and photos with some fans and then he was wisked off to a private room. After awhile Tyrone came out and brought me and my wife back to Ronnie's private room. It was just Ronnie, Bob Geldoff, Tyrone and a couple of other people and Us. I thought I was dreaming. I had brought some things for Ronnie to sign and He was SO NICE to us. He made us feel so welcome. We hung out for a bit and talked. He posed for some pictures with us and he asked if we were coming to the show the following night. He invited us to come backstage to his dressing room. WoW!~ The next night we went to the show and were brought back-stage by Jo Wood. We meet Charlie and Bernard in the backstage area. Very Cool! And Jo gave us passes to the Rattlesnake Inn and brought us to Ronnie's dressing room before showtime. It was just Jo, Ronnie my wife and myself. Ronnie was just hanging out "coolin" We all just chatted a bit and posed for some more pictures. Then Jo handed us two seats right on the side of the stage to watch the show. I don't have to tell you how great that was. It took a couple of weeks for my feet to get back on the ground after that. What a GREAT experience it was.

These are just a few pics I have from this event. RON WOOD was one of the NICEST people I ever met in my life. Sometimes people say it's better not to meet your idols because you might be dissapointed. Definitely NOT the case in this instance. We met Ronnie, Jo Wood, Tyrone Wood, Leah Wood and Bob Geldoff that night and they did not know us from Adam. They treated us as if they appreaciated us for being fans. They took time out of their busy lives for us and we appreciated them for that. I'll never forget it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-02 15:43 by Sway714.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 2, 2010 20:24

skipstone
It was funny. It was a total piss take because of something in a thread. It's hard to breathe around here sometimes with A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

when you can have a thread deleted for no good reason, it's a sign that you have arrived. welcome, skippy. secret handshake instructions are in the mail.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 2, 2010 20:25

Harlem Shuffler
Has anyone here won anything in a competition or promotion directly associated with the Stones or any member of the band as opposed to a radio station, for example, giving away tickets to a concert?

several of us won tix to the beacon shows a few years ago thru rs.com

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 2, 2010 21:33

Sway714
Since you asked...

In 2005 (Bigger Bang Tour) I entered a contest Ronnie's son, Tyrone held @ Ronnie's web site. The prize was a meet and greet with Ronnie in NYC @ PoP gallery where he was having an art exibit of his paintings and two tickets to see The Stones in NY. All you had to do was answer 1 question. I think it was something like Q. "What movie featured a song written by Ronnie in the soundtrack?" A. Mahoney's Last Stand. I submitted and a week later I received an e-mail that I was the ONLY winner. I am a HUGE Ron Wood fan and have been most of my life. I could not believe I won. I live in New Jersey so it was no problem for me to get there. Since I entered under my wife's name she was the "real" winner. (Always enter your wife or girlfriends name when entering these contests) So we went to the gallery under the premise that she was the "huge" fan. ANYWAY It was GREAT We were in the gallery when David Bowie came in and signed the Painting Ronnie did of him. The place was packed!

When Ronnie arrived he was swamped by his fans. He hung out for some elbow rubbing and photos with some fans and then he was wisked off to a private room. After awhile Tyrone came out and brought me and my wife back to Ronnie's private room. It was just Ronnie, Bob Geldoff, Tyrone and a couple of other people and Us. I thought I was dreaming. I had brought some things for Ronnie to sign and He was SO NICE to us. He made us feel so welcome. We hung out for a bit and talked. He posed for some pictures with us and he asked if we were coming to the show the following night. He invited us to come backstage to his dressing room. WoW!~ The next night we went to the show and were brought back-stage by Jo Wood. We meet Charlie and Bernard in the backstage area. Very Cool! And Jo gave us passes to the Rattlesnake Inn and brought us to Ronnie's dressing room before showtime. It was just Jo, Ronnie my wife and myself. Ronnie was just hanging out "coolin" We all just chatted a bit and posed for some more pictures. Then Jo handed us two seats right on the side of the stage to watch the show. I don't have to tell you how great that was. It took a couple of weeks for my feet to get back on the ground after that. What a GREAT experience it was.

These are just a few pics I have from this event. RON WOOD was one of the NICEST people I ever met in my life. Sometimes people say it's better not to meet your idols because you might be dissapointed. Definitely NOT the case in this instance. We met Ronnie, Jo Wood, Tyrone Wood, Leah Wood and Bob Geldoff that night and they did not know us from Adam. They treated us as if they appreaciated us for being fans. They took time out of their busy lives for us and we appreciated them for that. I'll never forget it.

you lucky bastard you smoking smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 2, 2010 23:20

Sway714-great story.Thx for sharing your experience.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 3, 2010 22:21

Since you asked...

Thanks for replying, Sway714.Great to hear something good about Ronnie. Glad you had such a fantastic time.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home