Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where are the Decca era vault recordings held?
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 8, 2011 14:00

Does Mick or Keith have them or Decca or someone else? Songs like "English Summer"?

Re: Where are the Decca era vault recordings held?
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: October 8, 2011 16:48

Do you plan on raiding them? winking smiley
I'm not sure who owns these tapes, actually. It's probably ABKCO and almost certainly not Decca.

Date: October 8, 2011 16:51

FreeBird
Do you plan on raiding them? winking smiley
I'm not sure who owns these tapes, actually. It's probably ABKCO and almost certainly not Decca.
Hah, that was my first reaction too. When do we go?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 8, 2011 17:20

Decca => PolyGram => Universal Music Group
DECCA => [www.decca.com] => Universal Music Group

ABKCO Records [www.abkco.com] => currently distributed by Universal Music Group

Will I Am => Universal Music Group
Maroon 5 => Universal Music Group
SuperHeavy => Universal Music Group

aso.

Posted by: OutofTime66 ()
Date: October 8, 2011 20:57

Well then Universal/Abkco could put out a 2cd set of rarities, outtakles, alternative versions maybe include a dvd of song videos from the 60's. Look at all the tv shows besides Ed Sullivan that the Stones appeared on, promo films, Charlie is my darling and so on. I wonder if there are any filmed concerts in the vault? Would love to see an Aftermath or Between the Buttons tour concert on dvd. Brian's last tour. They are sitting on a goldmine, wonder why they haven't started releasing stuff other than the Rock and Roll circus show?

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 8, 2011 20:59

I am afraid that very much has been 'destroyed' through the last decades.... It is a complete mess in their archives

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 8, 2011 21:11

keefbajaga
I am afraid that very much has been 'destroyed' through the last decades.... It is a complete mess in their archives

Please elaborate! smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2011 21:22

RobberBride
keefbajaga

Please elaborate! smiling smiley

You mean to go 'in detail'? Let's put it this way. Ever since 1963 and so on a lot of recordings/tapes where just stolen by all kind of employees. Some of it did appear on bootlegs from 68 and so on. But the most of it, is gone forever...

Date: October 8, 2011 21:33

That is terrible. Well the master tapes of the Beatles Let it Be sessions where recovered about 30 years later in Holland. Who knows if the Stones mgmt/Universal/ABKCO could put out a reward or make some effort to recover these things, these kind of things are priceless and deserved to be seen and heard.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2011 21:43

HighwireC
Decca => PolyGram => Universal Music Group
DECCA => [www.decca.com] => Universal Music Group

ABKCO Records [www.abkco.com] => currently distributed by Universal Music Group

Will I Am => Universal Music Group
Maroon 5 => Universal Music Group
SuperHeavy => Universal Music Group

aso.

Rolling Stones Records => Atlantic Records => CBS Records => Virgin Records =>
UME

AhSOOOO!!

Date: October 8, 2011 21:52

OutofTime66
That is terrible. Well the master tapes of the Beatles Let it Be sessions where recovered about 30 years later in Holland. Who knows if the Stones mgmt/Universal/ABKCO could put out a reward or make some effort to recover these things, these kind of things are priceless and deserved to be seen and heard.

I do totally agree with you. Maybe we, as IORR-ians, can come up with a plan to realize this?

Date: October 9, 2011 01:10

Count me in. I would love to see these things released in our lifetimes. If they wait too long the markeplace for those kinds of things will be gone.
I was born in 1964 in Pittsburgh, Pa. The year I was born the Rolling Stones played at a dance hall at a now closed down small amusement park called West View Park in Pittsburgh. My parents used to go to dances/concerts there before I was born, too bad they did not see the Stones. Though I did get to take my dad to see them in 99 for the No Secirity tour in South Florida. He loved the concert. I guess I have an affinity for the Beatles and the Stones since they 1st came to the U.S the year I was born.
If we need to do mail in letters to ABKCO/Universal or start a petition whatever it takes but I would like to see the 60's era vault opened as well.

Date: October 9, 2011 01:12

OutofTime66
Count me in. I would love to see these things released in our lifetimes. If they wait too long the markeplace for those kinds of things will be gone.
I was born in 1964 in Pittsburgh, Pa. The year I was born the Rolling Stones played at a dance hall at a now closed down small amusement park called West View Park in Pittsburgh. My parents used to go to dances/concerts there before I was born, too bad they did not see the Stones. Though I did get to take my dad to see them in 99 for the No Secirity tour in South Florida. He loved the concert. I guess I have an affinity for the Beatles and the Stones since they 1st came to the U.S the year I was born.
If we need to do mail in letters to ABKCO/Universal or start a petition whatever it takes but I would like to see the 60's era vault opened as well.

I really do admire your story from your own heart. Don't worry I have my plan, to fix this all. Love, Mick

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: October 9, 2011 01:51

ABKCO doesn't like spending money. They are sitting on a goldmine of Stones stuff. I am sure a lot has been stolen over the years, but they still have a lot in their archives. Next year for the 50th Anniversary they should put out something BIG, and they're not. They have a plan for a very average celebration of the 50th. It will be disappointing.

Date: October 9, 2011 02:00

originalstones
ABKCO doesn't like spending money. They are sitting on a goldmine of Stones stuff. I am sure a lot has been stolen over the years, but they still have a lot in their archives. Next year for the 50th Anniversary they should put out something BIG, and they're not. They have a plan for a very average celebration of the 50th. It will be disappointing.

Wait and see....you will be amazed

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: October 9, 2011 02:17

keefbajaga
originalstones

Wait and see....you will be amazed

I hope you're right, but I don't think so. I have connections with ABKCO and their plan for the 50th is pretty average to me. They want to do something with vinyl for the umpteenth time. They have never amazed me with anything they have done.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 9, 2011 02:35

I think they are held in a vault

Date: October 9, 2011 03:16

When did Yugoslavia's #1 Stones fan suddenly take on the identity of Mick Jagger?

Date: October 9, 2011 03:26

WilliamPatrickMaynard
When did Yugoslavia's #1 Stones fan suddenly take on the identity of Mick Jagger?

Since I really enjoyed Montenegro, Budva, and Belgrade, Kalemegdan cool smiley

Date: October 9, 2011 03:42

Either way, cheers to you.

Date: October 9, 2011 03:43

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Either way, cheers to you.
cool smiley

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 9, 2011 08:45

no, but really, where are all the songs, does mick have access?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home