Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boulder 1981 - 30 years ago
Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:14

Oct 3 & 4 at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado. My first Stones shows. What great memories! We drove a van outfitted with a home stereo and blared "Tattoo You" most of the weekend. Waiting stage left out in the crowd, yelled hello at Charlie and Stu across the way after they arrived by helicopter. They waved back. Funny, still a thrill thinking about it. A couple of my heros for sure.

Eventually passed out at a frat house after visiting the Naked Lady (a local strip bar; not sure what I was doing there). I think I drank three "Naked Ladies" and don't remember much after that to be honest. I love afternoon concerts. smileys with beer I posted a pic some years ago that I took just before the curtain dropped but can't seem to find it. Thanks if you have any. Good times!
LB

Re: Boulder 1981 - 30 years ago
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:22

Yes both shows were excellent. I had some fun these at those gigs as well, but we drove from Ft Collins.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 5, 2011 05:06

Yaaaeeeaaaaaa!!! Me too!!! smiling smiley
First show ever too, first of 30. It was so much fun....not a glitch hitch or itch, the hand of fate took care of us all the way. We drove 10 hours to get there, walked in late the first day late to the sounds of Star Star..... got there early the next to hit the GA CU stadium floor to see George and Ann and Nancy... stayed on the floor, up front, all day... beautiful weather... day time show... so much fun..... man o man... 30 years ago today... where the fk does time fly away to? If there was a time machine I would go back to that day and relive my life exactly as I have... what a great ride...

Here is a picture I took tonight(of a picture I took that day)
That is Mick Jagger in front and Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood beside him

Date: October 5, 2011 06:45

Oh man, yeah 1981. They played Dallas on Halloween day. We drank all night, took Quaaludes at 6am, and headed for the Cotton Bowl. It rained most of the day. ZZ TOP opened for them. Great memories.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 8, 2011 22:50

A few hours after the first Boulder show ended, I was born.
Been looking for a recording of that show for that reason alone.

Also, in a funny twist of fate, my dad was one of those 4 million people who tried to get tickets to the MSG shows for that tour, and actually got some. But my entry into this world made his going impossible. Then, years later, I played him some recordings from those shows, and he was shocked at how bad they were---"this can't be the same band we saw at Foxboro in 1997" lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home