Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

semi O.T. rory gallagher (taste)
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:58

i hoped, he would join the rolling Stones back in 1975. one of my fav. guitar-players. just listening to a Taste-best of album. awesome. 36 years later, I think, ron Wood was the best choice....

Re: semi O.T. rory gallagher (taste)
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:00

Havo
i hoped, he would join the rolling Stones back in 1975. one of my fav. guitar-players. just listening to a Taste-best of album. awesome. 36 years later, I think, ron Wood was the best choice....

I am a huge fan of Rory Gallagher ,check my posts & use the search button smiling smiley

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:04

Rory

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:07

SwayStones
Havo

I am a huge fan of Rory Gallagher ,check my posts & use the search button smiling smiley

Count me in...cool smiley really enjoy the latest release "Notes from San Francisco".

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:12

Such a talent and he may have fitted in quite well with The Stones.As with a lot of lovely,down to earth, talented musicians/performers,he died way too young. sad smiley

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:20

Major props for Taste and Rory....Rorys "Live in Europe" is the hottest live blues rock record ever made. Messin With the Kid, Bullfrog Blues, Pistol Slapper Blues...no filler on that record. And only a three piece! Strictly speaking, he could play circles around Ronnie Wood but Wood was still the right guy for the Stones.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:29

exactly--roryfaninva-- Ronnie was just the right guy for the stones,, but what have been, when rory joined the stones back in 1974/75??

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 29, 2011 21:32

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 23:19

Very happy I got to see him live at the Old Waldorf back in '78. The cat could play baby!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 29, 2011 23:54

Seen Rory a number of times and have always thought he was a great player,in the top 5 for me with the Stones, he had a really down to earth attitude, met him at a small club bar back in 71, he was just one of the lads, shame he died so young.

I don't think he would have fitted in as Ronnie does so I'm glad he didn't join.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2011 23:59

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home