Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Los Angeles 1969
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 16, 2011 06:59

DragonSky's recent topic reminded me that the Stones press conference in October 1969 was worth googling for. Unfortunately, I am falling asleep at the moment but some of you may want to google the above sugject title and read all the stuff that comes up.

The press conference was nothing like the more lavish ones that we've seen over and over on TV in the past 20 years. But it was probably better because the mixture of press there were blown away to be so close to the Stones..."like in the same room, man!" It was Mick Taylor's first tour with the band. And a place named Altmont was being pushed at the band. Stanley Booth, one of my alltime favorite people, minds and writers was in town and much of his book material was gathered daily and nightly hanging out with the boys.

This was a time when Mick and the Stones and Hendrix were considered the coolest people on the planet by virtually anyone under 25 in the LA area. As you know, the Forum RS shows in late 1969 were magnificent.

I'm writing about these legendary LA days and all the greats from Muddy to Taj to the rockers in my next book. So please don't ask me any questions now because I'm recovering from three back surgeries and am disobeying the doctors by being at my computer. Know you will enjoy Google 1969 stuff...what there is of it.

Re: Rolling Stones Los Angeles 1969
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:45

This was a time when Mick and the Stones and Hendrix were considered the coolest people on the planet

I thought it was Lucy Ball...

2 1 2 0

Date: September 16, 2011 10:53

[youtu.be]

stonesrule, this is the first thing I bumped into. And I have to thank you; have never seen this footage; eventhough it is not synced with the audio.
The counter does say 1:16; does the whole show exist on video?.

Looks like it might be two separate shows though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-16 10:56 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 16, 2011 23:53

The Stones were SO great in 1969 I can't begin to tell you.

Don't believe those shows were videoed in entirety. It was early on in the world of technology, believe me. Our idea of a thrill was a few photos and some 8mm film.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2011 00:12

I really liked the passionated '69 Richards-Taylor coach too.
Fantastic LA studio Rolling Stones Jam:

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 17, 2011 00:27

Please let me know when you have a release date, I want to buy an autographed copy as soon as it comes out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home