Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder WATCH DVD TRAILER
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:01

I know there has been some speculation as to whether the Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan DVDs will be coming out. A few weeks ago it was all good with a pre-orders on Amazon.com. Then last week the Stones were trying to either block or delay it's release and it was pulled off of Amazon.com. Now it's back on Amazon.com for pre-order with a picture of the box. Now that it's listed on Amazon.com I guess that means the Stones could not intervene with it's release.

There are two different DVD sets coming out. One with 4 complete episodes, including commercials coming out on October 4th. The version coming out on November 1st will be a deluxe version with all six one-hour episodes including a 24-page booklet with rare photos and a write up by Greil Marcus. There are no details of what is on the De-luxe edition. This is for release in America. I do not have details as for its release and where else outside the United States.

Here are the links.

October 4th release of 4 episodes:
[www.amazon.com]

November 1st release of ALL 6 episodes.
[www.amazon.com]

DVD TRAILER

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-12 16:24 by originalstones.

Re: Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder
Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: September 9, 2011 04:12

Here's an article from Billboard with more information - Sullivan Show DVDs

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 9, 2011 13:19

Any indication of a Worldwide release yet?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:05

55 years ago today.
First Appearance of Elvis Presley at The Ed Sullivan Show - September 9, 1956.
82.6 percent of the American people saw the program.eye rolling smiley
It's just incredible.

Date: September 9, 2011 18:02

adotulipson
Any indication of a Worldwide release yet?

I havn't come across anything yet. I will keep my eyes open. You might want to check Amazon.com.uk

Date: September 9, 2011 18:03

Here's a trailer that Sofa Entertainment released for the upcoming DVD release.

Re: Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder Watch Trailer For DVD Release
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:29

So anybody dutch have experience ordering this type of thing from amazon.com and getting a bill from the customs, or don't they do that anymore?

Re: Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder Watch Trailer For DVD Release
Date: September 9, 2011 23:02

Whale
So anybody dutch have experience ordering this type of thing from amazon.com and getting a bill from the customs, or don't they do that anymore?

These DVDs from Amazon.com in the United States will only be playable on Canadian and American DVD players.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:35

thank you. amazing.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:37

Whale

I bought the Ya Yas deluxe from them,I sent it to my son Kritofer and requested ''gift''came pretty quick,no customs issues.
However I am at this moment waiting on the Deluxe Tom Petty Live Anthology that was shipped a couple of weeks ago and still no sign .
I got some stuff from Steve Forbet's official site last week that included a t shirt and that arrived OK too,I was a bit worried about it as it had that t shirt included and I know UK customs gets a bit 'shirty'' about clothing imports,I bought some Big Dogs T shirts about 4 years ago for work,cost $100 +$50 International shipping and then the UK government charged me £43 import duty.
Generally CDs and DVDs seem OK though.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:44

Bit of an underwhelming cover isn't it?

Date: September 10, 2011 00:08

Justin
Bit of an underwhelming cover isn't it?

I'm surprised they didn't use a photo/photos of them on the Ed Sullivan Show for the cover.

Rob

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:17

originalstones
Whale

These DVDs from Amazon.com in the United States will only be playable on Canadian and American DVD players.
That isn't a problem if you have the right dvd player. Lots of dvd players around that'll play any dvd from anywhere. I got one for 40 euros.
If not, just use the computer. Also never had an issue there.
It's really more that I hate getting these ugly bills from the customs where they charge you tax over the whole amount, not just what you purchased, but also shipping.

Date: September 10, 2011 15:38

The deluxe version coming out on November 1st will come with a 24-page booklet with rare photos and a write up by Rock journalist Greil Marcus.

Rob

Date: September 12, 2011 16:23

There might also be a release in theaters on October 3 of the 1978 concert film being shown for one night only.

Re: Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder WATCH DVD TRAILER
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 12, 2011 17:24

Leave it up to Sofa to milk a two release. Dont get me wrong,even tho most of us have seen these for years in fairly nice quality this will blow those away and I WILL get the 6 show set, with the shows lasting an hour each all 6 could have easily released on a 2 or 3 disc set to begin with.And its a shame they didnt see clear to throw in the 67 rehearsals-for that matter I wonder if the rehearsals for the other shows were filmed? I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but I just wonder...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-12 17:25 by scottkeef.

Re: Rolling Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD Release Now For Preorder WATCH DVD TRAILER
Date: September 12, 2011 18:40

scottkeef
Leave it up to Sofa to milk a two release. Dont get me wrong,even tho most of us have seen these for years in fairly nice quality this will blow those away and I WILL get the 6 show set, with the shows lasting an hour each all 6 could have easily released on a 2 or 3 disc set to begin with.And its a shame they didnt see clear to throw in the 67 rehearsals-for that matter I wonder if the rehearsals for the other shows were filmed? I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but I just wonder...

I was wondering the same thing about rehearsals. I wonder what else they have in the vaults? It will be better than what we had on the bootlegs, anyway. We now have a chance to see all the meet-and-greets with Sullivan after their performance and "2120 South Michigan Avenue" for the first time.

Rob

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 12, 2011 21:32

These are the greatest pieces of film the Stones ever committed to celluloid. Astounding stuff.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 13, 2011 03:09

The thing I've always loved about the B-stage sets is that they remind me of the Sullivan show. Very often, when they're on the B-stage, they'll play songs they played on Sullivan. I always view the B-stage set as a kind of throwback to that era, the Brian Jones era, when they stood close together, playing the small Sullivan stage.

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: September 13, 2011 11:55

I am from Holland and most of the times I ordered things from the USA I had to pay customs. The last time I had tot pay 35 euro for 2 Keith Richards lp's.

[www.douane.nl]

gr Frans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home