Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rip This Joint w/Keith Vocal
Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: September 8, 2011 02:27

According to the complete work's website - [www.nzentgraf.de] - there is a version of RTJ with Keith on vocals.
Is this something that circulates?

Re: Rip This Joint w/Keith Vocal
Date: September 9, 2011 02:28

bump

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2011 03:32

Its only listed as a reference point because (I think) Keith did specifically mention that this is how it was originally cut. Its never circulated.

Unless the newly circulated Exile outtakes come from there, there's very little from the Nellcote sessions that have been leaked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 03:33 by Gazza.

Date: September 9, 2011 05:06

Thank you

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 9, 2011 10:12

Gazza
Its only listed as a reference point because (I think) Keith did specifically mention that this is how it was originally cut. Its never circulated.

Unless the newly circulated Exile outtakes come from there, there's very little from the Nellcote sessions that have been leaked.

It's mentioned in an Exile book, I forget it's name and writer. John Parr now pops up in my mind, but that could also be the owner of my local grocery. Anyway, he was a musician with a famed late 70's band who had one huge hit and a junkie singer. This guy was friends with Jimmy Miller, and one of the friends who recieved copies of Stones tapes from Miller. Part of that was released as the "Sotheby's tapes". Anyway, this John Parr describes each song of Exile with a historical background, and he refers to outtakes he listened to that are not available on bootleg. One of these is a version of RTJ with keith on vocals.

Mathijs

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 9, 2011 11:21

John Parr is John Perry from the great The Only Ones, fronted by Peter Perrett.
I havenĀ“t read his Exile book, though, so thanks for the info!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:30

It's a great read, Perry is almost as good a writer as he is a guitarist. His description of Tumbling Dice alone is worth the price of admission( describes the coda as akin to a ship leaving dock and pulling out to sea or something like that, though much more eloquently).

And, yeah, the Only Ones were/are great, still hoping for that new album they've been promising.

Date: September 9, 2011 20:39

The thing is Keith's vocal was probably only a guide vocal like the one released last year of "Soul Survivor." I know a number of fans loved that, but I'd rather hear something more polished than "Andrew's Blues"-style rhyming of suck and f*ck and anything else that popped into Keith's head at the moment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home