Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick in Normandy
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 5, 2011 17:21

I'm just hearing about it today but Mick Jagger was in Normandy last friday, visiting D-day beaches in Arromanches and Omaha Beach as well as the Memorial in Caen, with his son.

He visited Bayeux (where a tapestry depicts the conquest of England by William The Conqueror) on the saturday - I have no idea whether he visited this museum though. It is reported that he did some quick shopping near the cathedral but was not friendly with fans.

Articles in french:
[fr-fr.facebook.com]
[www.ouest-france.fr]

Re: Mick in Normandy
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 5, 2011 17:39

I was there just the other day, ate just next to the Cathedral in Bayeux. Bad luck.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 5, 2011 17:54

gwen
It is reported that he did some quick shopping near the cathedral but was not friendly with fans.

He is probably pissed after reading about SuperHeavy on this forum and doesn't want to have anything to do with so-called 'fans'. smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 5, 2011 17:56

Not friendly with fans and he wants to sell a new album?

BTW, I've been to Normandy, visited the beaches, the museums & cemeteries.
Slept two nights in Bayeux. Lovely town.
I didn't see the tapestry but I did pick up a bottle of Calvados and absolutely the best bottle of Pinot Noir I've ever tasted at a shop called Au Comptoir des Saveurs on Rue St. Martin.

Of the battle sites, Pont du Hoc probably gives the best idea of what it was like on D-Day.
The area was obviously cleaned up, but not reconstructed, leaving the bomb craters, etc.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 6, 2011 00:31

How friendly would you want to be if you were visiting D-Day beaches and war memorials? Trying to be a good father to his child and reviewing past history is not exactly the place for a meet and greet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-06 01:42 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 6, 2011 00:56

Which son? I don't recall having seen a photo of Lucas for many years.

Date: September 6, 2011 01:17

Glam Descendant, there was a photo of Mick and Lucas walking down a street in London taken earlier this summer that was posted on this forum at the time. Much was made of an innocent bystander on the street who was unaware that Mick was walking directly behind him. Lucas was walking with a bodyguard directly behind Mick. I don't blame Mick for being distant when he's in public with his son. Those are the times that I'm sure he wishes he could be anonymous like everyone else.

Date: September 6, 2011 01:19

21st centurystones, why do we care? At a wild guess, I'd imagine Gwen posted it because this is a Stones messageboard. The bigger question would be why would you feel compelled to ask such a question instead of simply ignoring the thread.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 6, 2011 03:40

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: September 6, 2011 03:44

>>just hearing about it today but Mick Jagger
was in Normandy last friday, visiting D-day
beaches in Arromanches and Omaha Beach as
well as the Memorial in Caen, with his son.
He visited Bayeux (where a tapestry depicts
the conquest of England by William The Conqueror)<<

I was there two weeks ago - Arromanches, Memorial,
Bayeux tapestry - wonderful to see.
Normandy is beautiful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home