Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith new photo, apparently at work
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 15, 2011 20:34

if check new photos in kr gallery site there's a pretty new one with him sitting in a studio with an acoustic gtr )

Re: Keith new photo, apparently at work
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 15, 2011 20:40

thats good to see! take it for what it 'tis..hopefully he can still play, still wants to play...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 15, 2011 20:54

Yes, it seems....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:03

Interesting. Exile overdubs perhaps? Sadly, I don't know the Exile bonus songs well enough to know if an acoustic guitar was used anywhere. I don't think any was used for the Ben Waters disc, right? I would guess this shot is him overdubbing on some collaborative project....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 21:06 by Justin.

Date: August 15, 2011 21:05

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 21:05 by Justin.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:06

Justin

Interesting. Exile overdubs perhaps? Sadly, I don't know the Exile bonus songs well enough to know if a 12 string was used anywhere. Or if any songs would call for acoustic guitar. I don't think any was used for the Ben Waters disc, yes? I would guess this shot is him overdubbing on some collaborative project....

Or maybe he's just recording some demos?

Great pic! smileys with beer

Date: August 15, 2011 21:11

Sleepy City

It's possible but I'm not betting on that. Sorry.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:12

is he wearing glasses?

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:19

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:22

Justin
Sleepy City

It's possible but I'm not betting on that. Sorry.

No, it's definitely a great pic! winking smiley

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:25

Is it actual? He is dressed like in winter.... look at his boots.
It summer in NY now...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:36

As MRambler already posted
[www.iorr.org]
All explained in that thread

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 15, 2011 21:56

MRambler gives picture date as 28th April though I don't know the source of that info.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 15, 2011 22:09

Green Lady
MRambler gives picture date as 28th April though I don't know the source of that info.
Jane Rose put the pics up on Keith's site on friday.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: August 15, 2011 22:09

Found the pictures on Flickr and there it says:
This photo was taken on April 28, 2011 using a Canon PowerShot S95 taken by Jane Rose.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 15, 2011 22:10

Looks like a 12-string.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 15, 2011 22:59

71Tele
Looks like a 12-string.

smiling smiley What ? The Canon Powershot ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:29

sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady

Yes. it is weird that she puts the old photos of KR in the same day when a new Mick's video comes out.
Much has been said here about the negative role of Don Was or Chuck, but no one talked about Jane Rose. I think it was her decision to give this particular passage from the KR's book in the Times and then allow to print the obscene interview, in which Richards discusses with the interviewer the sizes of penis and balls of his so-called friend.
I think that she is largely responsible for what is happening now with the Stones ,I mean the relationship between Mick and Richards.
It seems that she is more concerned to prove that Keith Richards is much more significant and cooler than Mick Jagger, than about the legacy and the future of the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:31

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady

Yes. it is weird that she puts the old photos of KR in the same day when a new Mick's video comes out.
Much has been said here about the negative role of Don Was or Chuck, but no one talked about Jane Rose. I think it was her decision to give this particular passage from the KR's book in the Times and then allow to print the obscene interview, in which Richards discusses with the interviewer the sizes of penis and balls of his so-called friend.
I think that she is largely responsible for what is happening now with the Stones ,I mean the relationship between Mick and Richards.
It seems that she is more concerned to prove that Keith Richards is much more significant and cooler than Mick Jagger, than about the legacy and the future of the Rolling Stones

Didn't she work for the Stones and get sacked by Jagger before Richards took her up? Would explain her animus.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:38

71Tele
Looks like a 12-string.
It is a 12-string; a 60s Harmony Sovereign. Wonder if it's from Keith's early collection or if he picked it up recently? I had one. They're big, beautiful guitars; neck pockets were weak and need resets. But if you're KR, custom luthier work is not a problem smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:01

ineedadrink
is he wearing glasses?

Wearing glasses to read the notes.

That's how it is going to be at the next consert - Keith wearing glasses to be able to read the lyrics from the monitor.

He will not even play the guitar anymore - the focus will be using the glasses reading lyrics and to see where he is, "good to be here good to be everywhere".... yawning smiley)

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:23

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady

Im not sure who is taking longer to get over it Mick or ProudMary

Date: August 16, 2011 00:27

northernale1
proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady

LOL. That is a long time to hold a grudge. But the timing of putting some old Keith pics on his website the same day of the SuperHeavy video coming out,does seem a bit strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 00:27 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: August 16, 2011 00:29

sweetcharmedlife
northernale1
proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
Green Lady

LOL. That is a long time to hold a grudge. But the timing of putting some old Keith pics on his website the same day of the

SuperHeavy video coming out,does seem a bit strange.

actually not really ,, keiths facebook page, posts vids and pics at least once a week,,,

so I guess it all depends on how the spin doctors want to spin it

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:29

No not really ...there's only 365 choices and something's gonna mesh sometime or other

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:58

holy shit...the old boy is wearing ugg boots.did he actually go to the studio on his own or did someone find him wandering the streets lost and drive him there?

Date: August 16, 2011 01:06

comment above is totally stupid

Date: August 16, 2011 01:14

Rockman

No not really ...there's only 365 choices and something's gonna mesh sometime or other
365-1 shot and Keith hit it....I wanna take him to the track with me.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 01:14 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:43

... with Waddy, hopefully.

I wonder if he'll ever really break in his home studio, "L".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:48

mtaylor
ineedadrink
is he wearing glasses?

Wearing glasses to read the notes.

That's how it is going to be at the next consert - Keith wearing glasses to be able to read the lyrics from the monitor.

He will not even play the guitar anymore - the focus will be using the glasses reading lyrics and to see where he is, "good to be here good to be everywhere".... yawning smiley)

He'll be reading it off his Kindle.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home