Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sex Pistols and other punks to raise money for UK's National Trust
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 4, 2011 13:00

The Sex Pistols and other punk bands are helping raise money for British stately homes thereby helping to prop up the establishhment. Oh how times have changed!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-04 13:00 by Silver Dagger.

Re: OT: Sex Pistols and other punks to raise money for UK's National Trust
Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 4, 2011 14:49

Not a surprise. Lydon sold out with that butter advert. Very punk. Iggy Pop selling insurance, what would Joe Strummer have advertised had he sadly not passed?

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: August 4, 2011 17:22

Lou Reed has hawked Honda scooters and American Express cards

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 4, 2011 17:35

John Lydon actually answered an email of mine on his Rotten Radio show (he answered emails as part of his show).

My email read, "Dear John, In a 1977 INTERVIEW MAGAZINE, Mick Jagger said, `I think even Sid Vicious is basically a nice guy, but Johnny Rotten keeps talking bad about me. He'll get his rotten teeth kicked in one day.'"

Lydon answered (with humor in his voice): "Well, Mick, that was 1977, and it's now the 21st Century. You're awfully slow with your booties!"

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 4, 2011 17:49

This is a windup or they are paying John (and more likely Steve LOL) for this, Daily Mail double LOL>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 5, 2011 01:43

Lydon is a fake.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2011 01:58

Baxter Thwaites
Lydon is a fake.

I think he'd even acknowledge that

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 5, 2011 16:06

from digital spy

Sex Pistols' John Lydon: 'National Trust stole songs'
Thursday, August 4 2011, 18:32 BST

John Lydon has complained that the National Trust did not seek his permission to use two Sex Pistols songs on an upcoming compilation.

The CD, titled Never Mind the Dovecotes, features the tracks 'Anarchy in the UK' and 'Pretty Vacant' from the Pistols' sole studio album Never Mind The B*llocks.

In response, Sex Pistols frontman Lydon said: "I would like to be able to trust the National Trust but from this point forward I can't. I was very proud to collaborate with The National Trust back in 2003 and voice a radio advert for them.

"No-one however has even spoken to myself or my management or had a conversation with myself or my management about this album. Never Mind The.... Permission."

He added: "Thievery as I have always thought seems to come from very high places. Whatever happened to the art of conversation?

"As of yet, I am still not sure what the game is in all this. I love my England, my honest England. My heart is true, but this particular situation seems deeply sneaky and we are waiting to be supplied with information on this chain of events, and the answer better be good."

The National Trust compilation also features fellow punk bands GBH, Siouxsie and the Banshees and X-Ray Spex, whose frontwoman Poly Styrene died earlier this year.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: August 5, 2011 17:11

john lydon isn't a punk anymore. the sex pistols aren't punk anymore.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: August 5, 2011 21:29

Baxter Thwaites
Not a surprise. Lydon sold out with that butter advert. Very punk. Iggy Pop selling insurance, what would Joe Strummer have advertised had he sadly not passed?

Iggy Pop selling insurance ? (!) Against what, himself ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home