Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

London lost rock venues
Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: July 9, 2011 10:01

Found this set on Flickr.Thought a few folk might be interested.

[www.flickr.com]

Re: London lost rock venues
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 9, 2011 10:20

Thanks cool smiling smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 9, 2011 10:24

Brown Moses..yea' cheers mate..Its always good to have a look at Buildings made famous by The Stones..smoking smiley

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 9, 2011 13:21

I saw shows at a lot of those venues back in the day.
I loved the Rainbow, amazing shows there, Iggy and Black Uhuru in particular spring to mind. There was also a great pub around the corner where I saw some of the best hardcore shows. I remember the Hard Ons and Negazione playing in their underpants it was so hot condensation was running down the walls.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2011 13:45

humanriff77
I saw shows at a lot of those venues back in the day.
I loved the Rainbow, amazing shows there, Iggy and Black Uhuru in particular spring to mind. There was also a great pub around the corner where I saw some of the best hardcore shows. I remember the Hard Ons and Negazione playing in their underpants it was so hot condensation was running down the walls.

Was at both of those humanriff. Others at the mighty Rainbow I attended were Bob Marley and The Wailers on the Exodus tour 77, Pink Floyd supported by Soft Machine and Kevin Ayers in 73, The Who in 79 (1st show after Moon died), The Ramones (both Christmas shows in 77, Patti Smith in 78, Family in 73. Just loads. The Roundhouse was great back in its original heyday too.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: July 9, 2011 23:19

This thread just reminded me about the show that I saw at the Roundhouse with the "Albino Twins" aka Johnny and Edgar Winter in the early 70s.

Man, those were the days ...

The Stones played too at the "old" Roundhouse, didn't they ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home