Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just a thought (might turn into tour discussion)
Posted by: mrD ()
Date: June 30, 2011 12:35

After reading the life=death thread I started thinking if it is over. What was the key turning point. Thinking this over it comes to
mind that Mick en Charlie were together at the Lord in September 2009. My assumption is now that this is where Mick was asking and trying to convince Charlie.
And I Imagine Charlie's response being something like, Mick I'm going 70, let me do in my latter days some stuff I really enjoy. Adding to this he would advice Mick to do the same.

After this there were also the rumors of Charlie quiting. (which were denied). And everybody is moving on, Charlie is playing around with his Jazz stuff, Mick is hooking up with friends enjoying making music. And keith didn't care anymore putting it all in the book.

What are your thoughts about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 12:49 by mrD.

Re: Just a thought (might turn into tour discussion)
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 30, 2011 12:36

Could be true, could be not. Who knows ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2011 14:48

mrD
After reading the life=death thread I started thinking if it is over. What was the key turning point. Thinking this over it comes to
mind that Mick en Charlie were together at the Lord in September 2009. My assumption is now that this is where Mick was asking and trying to convince Charlie.

..or maybe, just maybe, it was two friends getting the chance to hang out together and share a mutual interest....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 30, 2011 17:19

My thoughts are that if you bother to look, there are about 732 recent threads with similar speculation/tea leaves reading about what the band will or not do based on scanty or nonexistent evidence exactly like what you mentioned.

Date: June 30, 2011 18:15

71Tele
My thoughts are that if you bother to look, there are about 732 recent threads with similar speculation/tea leaves reading about what the band will or not do based on scanty or nonexistent evidence exactly like what you mentioned.

You are 100% right, but this board is not wikipedia to me, it's the home of small talk about the stones sitting round the campfire. Atleast you must admit I do have a disclaimer in the subject smiling smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:23

Or maybe Mick said to Charlie he wants to do his Super Heavy thing this year and will be ready next year (2012) for the Stones. Then Charlie decided to do more shows with his band. Which is what he did for next autumn. Then they'll all reunite by the end of the year, start to record some new tracks and get a new album out for August/September 2012 and start their 50th anniversary tour... Everything can be imagined at this point.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:41

mrD
71Tele

You are 100% right, but this board is not wikipedia to me, it's the home of small talk about the stones sitting round the campfire. Atleast you must admit I do have a disclaimer in the subject smiling smiley

Nothing personal, I just find the whole business of continual speculation about the Stones' future, which is based on no actual statements or indications from the band, to be incredibly boring. But I suppose as long as they keep silent, we'll keep speculating and trying to read between the lines of every public utterance and meeting between band members.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 30, 2011 22:05

kowalski
Or maybe Mick said to Charlie he wants to do his Super Heavy thing this year and will be ready next year (2012) for the Stones. Then Charlie decided to do more shows with his band. Which is what he did for next autumn. Then they'll all reunite by the end of the year, start to record some new tracks and get a new album out for August/September 2012 and start their 50th anniversary tour...

I would like to believe that it will

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 30, 2011 22:22

According to Charlie, he has already been together with Mick recording some things.
It has not been put on hold - they just work on different projects at the same time.
Men can also multitask - it's not just only women who can. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-30 22:47 by mtaylor.

Date: July 1, 2011 09:22

71Tele
mrD
71Tele

Nothing personal, I just find the whole business of continual speculation about the Stones' future, which is based on no actual statements or indications from the band, to be incredibly boring. But I suppose as long as they keep silent, we'll keep speculating and trying to read between the lines of every public utterance and meeting between band members.

Again you are right. Personally I like a good political discussion more. But the people with political views just keep disappearing around here. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-01 09:27 by mrD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home