Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
do your children like the ROLLING STONES?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:22

i have Two sons. 27 and 21 years of age
they like their music -Videos. the older-one was impressed about their "Voodou lounge"-DVD. the "Younger-one" like the " let it Bleed"Documentury most.

By the way, my wife stil like their "aftermath"-album

Re: do your children like the ROLLING STONES?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:27

I had mine put into care at the ages of 5 and 3 because they didnt like Dirty Work. Havent been in touch with either of them since.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:33

My son likes The Stones. He's now 14. We saw them together back in 2003 at Helsinki when he was only six years old. Great gig. ZZ Top as the supporting act were also smashing.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:37

Havo
i have Two sons. 27 and 21 years of age
they like their music -Videos. the older-one was impressed about their "Voodou lounge"-DVD. the "Younger-one" like the " let it Bleed"Documentury most.

By the way, my wife still like their "aftermath"-album

My kids love the early 60 stuff.

How come your wife love the aftermath album? Gehirn gewaschen........ winking smiley

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:47

Ach, nicos. You know i am 58 now. met my later wife when i was 13, and and her present for me,Back in 66, was "aftermath" by a band called the rolling stones

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: June 28, 2011 23:49

Yes, the MUST love The Stones period!!!!
But at this moment they are more into K3 and Justin Beaber.... sad smiley

Mr.Fancyman

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 29, 2011 00:07

My 2 and 4 years old love satisfaction and get off of my cloud. They ask for it
every time we get on the car.
My 10 year old saw the Stones with me on Miami when she was 5.
She likes them but now she likes reagetton stuff better!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 29, 2011 00:15

My 3-year-old daughter loves She's A Rainbow. But she's not so sure about the post 81 stuff!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 29, 2011 00:26

My youngest, the 1 and 3 years old, pretty much shake along with anything on the player. My 5 and 8 years like spongebob more than anything. The middle kids, age 11, 12 and 14 think it is old people music while my 17 and 21 year have been to several Stones shows and appreciate them, of course my 24 and 28 year old are long time Stones fans..... but it mainly my 32 and 35 and 38 year old children that like them the most.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 00:30

My Daughter is 2.10 years old. She is a big Stones fan....

smileys with beer

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 00:33

Good Question - next question - no - just a joke - ok

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-29 14:19 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 29, 2011 02:32

Havo

By the way, my wife still like their "aftermath"-album

Of course she likes it. She'd better like it. Or else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-29 02:44 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 29, 2011 03:47

Gazza
I had mine put into care at the ages of 5 and 3 because they didnt like Dirty Work. Havent been in touch with either of them since.

Funnily enough, mine are 5 and 3 right now. The 5 year old likes JJF, SMU and She's So Cold.

His first fave band though, is Queen.

He also doesn't like Dirty Work. My 3 year old girl likes the pastel colours they are wearing on the cover tho'.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: June 29, 2011 05:12

Absolutely - two sons 26 and 22 - they were brought up properly.

Date: June 29, 2011 07:26

I do not have children but If I so some day I will force them too LOL JKsmiling smiley nice to see you are passing great music taste to your offspringsmiling smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 10:46

my son is 6 and a half years old. he knows some songs and he likes them because
of mick i believe. the way he moves, his face etc etc..
and then i think he likes them (he says to his friends that he likes rock and blues too) because it is a way to have a stronger and more mature contact with me. at the same time he likes, like me, basketball and soccer and, like me , he is a supporter of a.c. milan.....
I am sure he will build his own taste soon,i hope so. but if the stones will play in italy next time, I will bring him.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 10:53

My daughter is 1, so couldn't ask her yet. So far I know she loves music generally, as soon as she hears any rythm, she starts to "dance". I have played her some Stones, she danced too :-)

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 29, 2011 11:46

My 12 years old daughter likes the Stones very much.She can recognize numbers just with the intro :-)

But nowadays she is much more into Hannah Montana ,Fergie & the Black Eyed Peas .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: June 29, 2011 11:48

Max'sKansasCity
My youngest, the 1 and 3 years old, pretty much shake along with anything on the player. My 5 and 8 years like spongebob more than anything. The middle kids, age 11, 12 and 14 think it is old people music while my 17 and 21 year have been to several Stones shows and appreciate them, of course my 24 and 28 year old are long time Stones fans..... but it mainly my 32 and 35 and 38 year old children that like them the most.

14 children,Max'sKansasCity ? Wow !smiling smiley

Posted by: mrD ()
Date: June 29, 2011 12:02

SwayStones
Max'sKansasCity

I didn't know it was allowed to listen to the stones in the mormon society. :-)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2011 12:07

Geeeeeeeeeez Max ....forget the kids, when did you find time ta listen to The Stones

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 29, 2011 12:30

My son is 13 now and he likes the Stones very much, occasionally he is - I would say due to his young age - like some of our local Fidei Defensores here even a bit over-orthodox about the Stones in such a way that he wouldn't even tolerate the slightest hint of criticism towards the band or their individual members. (I hope time will put that attitude into perspective in due course.)
o
We went together to see the band in Hamburg on their fith last gig (so far) ever in 2007 when he was nine years old and saw Charlie and his ABC & D of Boogie Woogie also in Hamburg 2009 from centre first row, and he owns some autographed tickets and pictures dedicated to him by CW.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 29, 2011 15:13

SwayStones

Only 14.....smiling smiley...can you imagine how many if we didnt use some birth control?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 15:57

My daughters Chiara (1995) were released together with 'Stripped' and Anna, in sight of the 'No Security' tour (1998).
Chiara was at MSG in january 2006, just a few steps form the B-stage counting the holes in Keith's trausers. Both were twice at San Siro, Milan.
Chiara's favorite RS CD is Lisboa 1995 and she proudly sports the original skull ring and defends it from massive attacks from her friends.
Anna is not so deep into the RS, but is proud when she reads something positive on them. When wandering in London or England she always points out record shops.
It's Anna who often shows up with the RS Monopoly for a family challenge.
Chiara's idol is Avril Lavigne, Anna's Bob Marley.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 29, 2011 16:31

Yes..All 4 of my boys do..I play nothing else in the house..So they are growing up with
the Stones..I even took my oldest Brian age 17 now, to see the Licks Tour in Philly.

He was named after Brian Jones..I wanted to name all my kids after the Stones but my
wife put her foot down on that...ha..

My youngest (age 10) went up and sang, Jumping Jack Flash at a open mike night at a local
place that we go to a few months ago..It was a blast...Fun...

Date: June 29, 2011 17:06

Max'sKansasCity
SwayStones

Only 14.....smiling smiley...can you imagine how many if we didnt use some birth control?

But but Max .... withdrawal is not a birth control ,you know cool smiley

(No offense meant,I am just teasing you ,if you think I should mind my own business ,just say it smiling smiley )

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 29, 2011 17:30

Both love them, know all the lyrics to most all the songs, seen them a dozen times,
at least.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 17:47

My oldest is 22 and she does, my youngest is 12 and she loves the music from the 60's. My son in the middle, sorry I failed.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 17:49

Max'sKansasCity

My haven't we been busy

Posted by: TheKnitter ()
Date: June 29, 2011 20:05

I bet that's a crowded Care Home grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home