Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor Playing with the Stones
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:13

Hello there

I'm a little rusty on this one..

I read Ronnie Wood's book and hadn't known Mick Taylor had played again with The Stone's in the mid 1980's

After a little searching i found a boot of this - one thing tho, if anyone's playing too much on here as Ronnie alludes (M.Taylor) too, I'd point right at Mr Wood from listening the playback tbh...

AAAAnyhow.

What brought about this one off gig with Taylor and the Stones all playing together?

Can it happen again - i hope so from seeing recent clips of Wood/Taylor playing again, felt promising.

Can anyone shed any light on this rare moment? Cheers!!!

Re: Mick Taylor Playing with the Stones
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:19

Damn, I thought you had some great breaking news!!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:20

It was in Kansas City Dec.14th 1981 during the Tattoo You tour.
I think Mick Taylor just happend to be in the area.
According to Bill Wyman it was the worst concert on the whole tour and he claims Mick Taylor played too loud. The show exist on bootleg with soundboard quality.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:29

haha nope soz - I'd lurve it to happen again tho

i downloaded the boot of it, i think he was probly load 'on stage' but wether he was miked up i dunno. On the soundboard boot i got, you can barely hear mick taylor, but you hear ALOT of R.Wood

No way 'he just happened to be in the area'???

cant we get him flights and accomodation so he 'just happens' to be in the area for every venue/gig on the next (wishfull thinkn) tour?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:43

Captainchaos
haha nope soz - I'd lurve it to happen again tho

i downloaded the boot of it, i think he was probly load 'on stage' but wether he was miked up i dunno. On the soundboard boot i got, you can barely hear mick taylor, but you hear ALOT of R.Wood

No way 'he just happened to be in the area'???

cant we get him flights and accomodation so he 'just happens' to be in the area for every venue/gig on the next (wishfull thinkn) tour?

Yes, because he was touring with the Alvin Lee Band in North America at the time.
On 13th of December they played in Little Rock, Arkansas - the neighbouring state to Missouri where Kansas is.

According to Nico Zentgraf the songs Taylor played with the Stones in Kansas was
Black Limousine/Let Me Go/Time Is On My Side/Beast Of Burden/ Waiting On A Friend/Let It Bleed/You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 17:44 by The Worst..

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 7, 2011 20:18

I think that was the time for Taylor to ask to get his position back with the Stones.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 8, 2011 05:03

mitchflorida
I think that was the time for Taylor to ask to get his position back with the Stones.

Hopefully, he will be getting an offer in the very near future, if he hasn't already.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: May 8, 2011 07:45

Taylor had a tour with The Bluesbreakers the following year and soon after a gig with Dylan, so the next few years after that were quite good, Maybe that wasnt the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home