Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What's the beef between ALO and Mick Jagger?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 23, 2011 16:31

I believe that those two aren't friends anymore but I don't know why. I listen to Andrew on XM and the guy seems quite a nice chap. He mentions the Rolling Stones very often, playing their music and he still admires them. Does the animosity come from Mick?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: What's the beef between ALO and Mick Jagger?
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 23, 2011 16:37

I can not recall anyone ever stating what really happened between Andrew and the Stones. I have heard Andrew say negative things and call Jagger some names but never really why he was dismissed. Keith said nothing in Life about it either.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 16:43

They sucked him dry and didn't need him anymore. And Andrew grew too important in his own mind, so the two universes collided and he was propelled out of his orbit. Jagger, being the business man learned all he could then said adios.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 23, 2011 16:53

Didn't ALO sell the Stones out to Klein ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2011 17:06

I saw ALO at the introduction and conclusion of the "Charlie Is My Darling" film in Vancouver last fall.
He really does harbour a lot of animosity towards Mick, but loves Keith.
Didn't really come out as to why.

Date: April 23, 2011 17:10

Yesterday I received Andrew's first book "Stoned". I have just read the preface and woah, that guy's mind is @#$%& dark. There is definitly a subtext to that preface and it's quite depressing. Again on the radio, Andrew is very enthousiastic, knowledgeable and supportive of the musicians which music he plays, but like Keef he could very well say "I told you I was sick!"
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: April 23, 2011 17:16

treaclefingers
I saw ALO at the introduction and conclusion of the "Charlie Is My Darling" film in Vancouver last fall.

treaclefingers Do you remember what Andrew said about Mick that made you feel he was upset at him?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: April 23, 2011 17:49

rollmops
treaclefingers

treaclefingers Do you remember what Andrew said about Mick that made you feel he was upset at him?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

I wish I could remember the exact words, and sorry I cannot. He spoke of Keith saying he really liked him. With regards to Mick, he didn't say he disliked him, but gave some reasons why he felt negatively towards him, but they weren't concrete, "he did this to me", or anything of that nature.
He was dismissive of Mick, if memory serves, slagged off Mick's solo stuff, and for that matter, every Stones release after Some Girls (that I remember - hey, he could be a poster on IORR for that matter!).

The evening's a bit fuzzy!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2011 17:57

rollmops
Yesterday I received Andrew's first book "Stoned". I have just read the preface and woah, that guy's mind is @#$%& dark.
Mops

Definitely, which makes his comments and observations about Brian all the more chilling because he obviously recognises a similar kind of deep darkness in Brian.

I do sense that Andrew has found some peace of mind in his later life though. smiling smiley

Stoned and 2Stoned are essential reads for Rolling Stones fans IMO.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: April 23, 2011 21:10

I believe Mick was ticked at Andrew Oldham for years because Andrew sold his interest in the Stones to Allen Klein. When Andrew did that it gave Klein control of the 60s catalog.

Rob

Date: April 24, 2011 01:23

originalstones
I believe Mick was ticked at Andrew Oldham for years because Andrew sold his interest in the Stones to Allen Klein. When Andrew did that it gave Klein control of the 60s catalog.

Rob

Seems to me like a good reason to be upset if Andrew did it without asking/telling Mick&Keith.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 24, 2011 03:28

Uh, something to do with money?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 24, 2011 03:36

I thought this thread was going to be about the Animal Liberation Orchestra.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 24, 2011 04:45

About 10"
...or maybe tinier.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 24, 2011 05:55

rollmops
I believe that those two aren't friends anymore but I don't know why. I listen to Andrew on XM and the guy seems quite a nice chap. He mentions the Rolling Stones very often, playing their music and he still admires them. Does the animosity come from Mick?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

He plays some pretty raunchy '60's music on there. He was funny when he was making fun of Ronnie for leaving his wife for a 19 year old. 'Ronnie! What are ya doooin man'

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 24, 2011 06:05

It's called Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 24, 2011 10:07

treaclefingers
slagged off Mick's solo stuff, and for that matter, every Stones release after Some Girls (that I remember - hey, he could be a poster on IORR for that matter!)

LOL ... I just spilled my coffee ... thank you smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 24, 2011 15:57

As I recall in 2stoned ,he had an interesting version of how klien got control of the stones 60's catalog,he claimed they handed it to him at the advice of their lawyers(tax reasons).....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 24, 2011 16:31

Oh yeah, that's right.

Date: April 24, 2011 16:44

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
slagged off Mick's solo stuff, and for that matter, every Stones release after Some Girls (that I remember - hey, he could be a poster on IORR for that matter!)

LOL ... I just spilled my coffee ... thank you smiling smiley

Thank you...I was glad I could make a difference. I apologize for the mess, I'll get a wash cloth. smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home