Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Havers Chambers"?
Posted by: sizey ()
Date: April 20, 2011 22:52

Ok, I haven't heard this one before?
Supposedly a demo from '67 Any ideas?

Sizey

Re: "Havers Chambers"?
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 21, 2011 00:51

I haven't heard of it myself... any other titles associated with it?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 21, 2011 03:54

First Ive heard of it.

Sounds more like a law firm than a song title.

Which would be somewhat ironic, as it was Sir Michael Havers (father of the actor Nigel Havers) who defended Mick and Keith in their infamous drugs trial - also in 1967.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 21, 2011 14:42

I saw Nigel Havers interviewed on the BBC's "One Show" a while ago and I posted the relevant bit of an interview mostly about other things with a very interrupt-y interviewer:

Q: - and (your father) also represented the Rolling Stones - a drugs case, was it?

NH: He did, yeah - it was - amazing summer of 1967 - I remember I was like sort of 14 at the time - the whole house was full of the Rolling Stones for the whole of the summer. It was amazing really - they were the most famous people in the world at the time - it was this wonderful roller-coaster ride, it really was - we're trying to make a movie of it right now...

Q: Oh really...

NH: I want to play my dad, and...

Q: Did they not come up with a name for the...

NH: They wrote a song, called "Havers Chambers", but it never got on to... (record? the film?)

At which point the interview went somewhere irrelevant. So Havers Chambers is possibly an unreleased song...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 21, 2011 15:09

There was a TV special on the Stones in 2003 which was shown around the time of the Twickenham shows, and Nigel Havers was interviewed for it as well.

He mentioned about how when it was announced that the Stones had been initially charged his father's opinion of them and what they represented was pretty cynical and unsympathetic as you'd expect from someone of his generation and background. Then he got the phone call that he was representing Mick and Keith and was pretty excited about it. As the case progressed he confided in Nigel how disturbed he was at how the establishment were quite blatantly targetting them in order to make an example of them. Quite a statement from a man who would later become Attorney General.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 21, 2011 16:04

Nice piece of information Green Lady, thanks.
Now all we have to do is find that song smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2011 16:53

Wow...an actual interesting thread! Thanks for posting and the replies thus far, trez interesting.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 21, 2011 17:36

There have been rumours from time to time about a film or TV film being made on the subject - with Nigel Havers playing his father, as he mentions in that interview. That's a film I'd like to see, but nothing seems to have come of it so far. Maybe Mick could put his producer's hat on and do it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-21 17:36 by Green Lady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home