Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Foo Fighters
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 16, 2011 18:36

They're playing our local record store as part of Record Store Day - just 200 people - I'm writing a piece on and doing a band interview - will post some shots later if anyone would like

Re: OT - Foo Fighters
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 16, 2011 18:43

hbwriter
They're playing our local record store as part of Record Store Day - just 200 people - I'm writing a piece on and doing a band interview - will post some shots later if anyone would like

Ask Dave if he deliberately chose a drummer who looks like Kurt so it would like like Dave and Kurt switched places.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 16, 2011 18:57

tatters
hbwriter

Ask Dave if he deliberately chose a drummer who looks like Kurt so it would like like Dave and Kurt switched places.

Then I'll ask him if he can call a doctor after he crushes a guitar over my skull smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2011 19:10

hbwriter
tatters
hbwriter

Then I'll ask him if he can call a doctor after he crushes a guitar over my skull smiling smiley

It seems to me like a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. Lots of times bands will replace a member with a guy who looks just like the missing guy. Unless they're really pissed off at him. Then they might replace him with a guy who looks like a total dork, as if to say, "We don't miss that guy at all. Look, we've replaced him with this total dork over here who can do exactly what old what's his name used to do, and do it better, too".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-16 19:13 by tatters.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 16, 2011 19:13

i would say taylor hawkins is in the band because he's a phenomenal drummer. one of the best drummers out there today, in my opinion.
tatters, no offense, but your theory is ridiculous smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2011 19:16

ineedadrink
i would say taylor hawkins is in the band because he's a phenomenal drummer. one of the best drummers out there today, in my opinion.
tatters, no offense, but your theory is ridiculous smiling smiley

Obviously the guy has to be able to play. I'm suggesting that Dave may have auditioned a bunch of drummers who looked like Kurt and then he picked the best one.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 16, 2011 20:20

hbwriter

Good for you! Great score to get into that gig.

I'll bet it's a zoo over at Fingerprints today...add on top of that the crowds coming to Long Beach for the Grand Prix. Better get there plenty early.

I'm not a follower, but I thought Dave Grohl's performance of "Band On The Run" was a knockout.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 16, 2011 20:38

hour long performance of the Foo Fighters at Ed Sullivan Theater. pretty awesome!
http://www.cbs.com/late_night/liveonletterman/foo_fighters/video/index.php?pid=vHAqY1NY_4kSbPfFQhigZJAYWRqj_Mp6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home