Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Summer of 1965...
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 11, 2011 06:32

...the year that rock began to grow up. I wasn't paying attention untill the opening chords to Satisfaction in June while I was stuck in bed with the measles and a transistor radio...that stated off an incredible summer of music (in North America anyway) and a lifelong addiction to rock music...and the Stones. I spent five days trying to get down the lyrics. Do you remember when you first heard 'Satisfaction'?

Nestled between the likes of The Supremes, Elvis and the Hermits were these gems...

Summer of '65

June
Satisfaction
Shakin' All Over
For Your Love
Mr. Tambourine Man

July
Like A Rolling Stone
California Girls
Help

August
Gloria
Heart Full of Soul
Eve of Destruction

September
Yesderday
We Gotta Get Out of This Place
Hang On Sloopy

Re: Summer of 1965...
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: April 11, 2011 07:49

You're killing me! That was the summer before my sophomore year of high school, and those titles bring back such great memories of that summer.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 11, 2011 07:53

Herman's Hermits just played here a week ago! If he can tour then Mick can too.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 11, 2011 09:08

Mick can and will Tour but that's not exactly The Rolling Stones...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 11, 2011 12:59

Autumn 65 to Autumn 66 is when the really shit started happening and the fuzzbox made its big entry into the world of pop. Pre-psychedelia but fuzzed up, Mod-pop that developed into garage pop in America. And Satisfaction is the song that started it all.

Anyway,here's a great song about 1965 by The Barracudas.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 11, 2011 16:10

Ah yes, remember it well - was riding around on my bike like a demon and ran right into Mr. Dowden's parked '49 Packard or whatever the hell that thing was and completely scratched up one side of my face. The irony is that I had my first class picture for kindergarten was the next day and they had to do a profile of the good side! Yes, running around in my clunky old man hard soled brown shoes because I wasn't allowed to wear sneakers until I was 8 because I my legs needed the support. No problems now, but it was hell then even though my legs got incredibly strong. We used to have the old floor mounted console with the turntable and AM/FM radio band on the side. Mom used to crank up the 50's rock and roll, the old man like Irish folk music. But to be honest, I couldn't tell the f*cking difference between the summers of '64, '65, '66 or '67. I still had the same bike. So there.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 11, 2011 16:58

1965 was great. Satisfaction, Help and Mr. Tambourine Man. Was just 13 back then but remember it so well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:30

August
Gloria
Heart Full of Soul
Eve of Destruction

I was 11 in the summer of '65, the only one I remember from this list is Eve of Destruction and of course some other big hits Down Town, Dave Berry, Herman and the Hermits to name a few ..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-12 02:56 by NICOS.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:32

Brue
But to be honest, I couldn't tell the f*cking difference between the summers of '64, '65, '66 or '67. I still had the same bike. So there.

For me looking back on those years, each of them has music with it's own distinct shape.

Whereas the music of the 1990's, 2000's, and 20-teens just all seems to blur.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 11, 2011 18:00

loog droog
Brue
But to be honest, I couldn't tell the f*cking difference between the summers of '64, '65, '66 or '67. I still had the same bike. So there.

For me looking back on those years, each of them has music with it's own distinct shape.

Whereas the music of the 1990's, 2000's, and 20-teens just all seems to blur.

And why......because they started to make factory music starting in the '80's......take some good looking boy's or girl's ....take some musical ingredients that most people like and there you go HITS.....

I assume that in the sixties a group was formed with some guy's who just learned to play an instrument try to find an producer (in other words some one who knows to work with a tape recorder) and here you go.... that's reason most of them created their own sound

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-12 00:15 by NICOS.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: April 11, 2011 19:44

Those were indeed great years. I would suggest you've got it right about how a band would form. But ...and this is an important but ... before the guys would
even think about going to a producer, they would spend some time in the basement working out the songs, then finally get a gig, then more practice and lots
more gigs ....so by now they would know each other and begin to develop
their own style and then ...maybe ... they would think about making a record.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home