Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

All Down The Line (Alternate Take) versus Dead Flowers (from L&G)
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: February 27, 2011 00:42

I was watching Ladies and Gentlemen again today and once again I was fooled by the sound of Dead Flowers. It sounds *just* like the alternate take of All Down The Line! Could this be a hint as to how the song evolved, or is it just a coincidence?

Re: All Down The Line (Alternate Take) versus Dead Flowers (from L&G)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 27, 2011 17:13

The songs sound and are nothing alike in any way. Perhaps it was what you were smoking? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 27, 2011 17:37

Just listen to the first 10 to 20 seconds of Dead Flowers from L&G and the alternate take of All Down The Line that was released by Amazon and on the Japanese Exile bonus disc last year and you'll know what I mean. I can't imagine you not hearing the similarity.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 27, 2011 19:19

the LIVE version of "Dead Flowers," yes, I heard the same as FreeBird, on taylor's part especially. And keith's part is not as distinctive yet, so the songs do blur together. Maybe this is why they stopped performing "Dead Flowers"?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 27, 2011 20:20

Never thought about it before, but yes you might be right.
Taylor steals the show on these 2 songs, and the chord sequenzes are basically the same - which is a good reason for Keith and Mick to drop Dead Flowers off the setlist when ADTL came around. Good catch!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:21

These songs are in completely different keys with different chord progressions. They only sound slightly alike.

Date: March 1, 2011 05:37

are you listening to the Exile reissue bonus track live version of "All Down the Line," Tele?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 06:54 by cc.

Date: March 1, 2011 06:28

cc
are you listening to the Exile reissue bonus track live version of "Dead Flowers," Tele?

Wait, a live version of "Dead Flowers" is on the Exile reissue? Where can I get that version of Exile? No "Dead Flowers" on mine.

Date: March 1, 2011 06:55

oops.

Date: March 1, 2011 07:23

cc
oops.

You mean ADTL? That was only on the Japanese version, correct? I had the boot years ago but don't have the new version.

Date: March 1, 2011 07:33

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: March 1, 2011 08:15

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 08:16 by Smokey.

Date: March 1, 2011 08:19

cc

Thanks for posting, cc! Great version, but I still don't think it sounds that much like Dead Flowers. The version I used to have a vinyl boot of was acoustic.

Date: March 1, 2011 08:27

yeah, it's good... it's the live versions of "Dead Flowers"--as on Ladies & Gentlemen--it somewhat resembles, especially in taylor's part (which is perhaps what drew a quickly deleted comment from Smokey, IORR MT Fan No. 2). Not the Sticky Fingers track.

was the acoustic version not on the Exile reissue? I'm not sure why this was buried on an alternate release.

Date: March 1, 2011 08:42

cc
yeah, it's good... it's the live versions of "Dead Flowers"--as on Ladies & Gentlemen--it somewhat resembles, especially in taylor's part (which is perhaps what drew a quickly deleted comment from Smokey, IORR MT Fan No. 2). Not the Sticky Fingers track.

was the acoustic version not on the Exile reissue? I'm not sure why this was buried on an alternate release.

Yes, why did they leave this off the regular reissue and include songs that had nothing whatsoever to do with Exile, like Title 5? I haven't heard the acoustic ADTL in years. Be nice if someone posted it.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: March 1, 2011 09:50

cc
quickly deleted comment from Smokey, IORR MT Fan No. 2

If I am 2, then there are a heck of a lot of people who are sharing the number one slot.
Lightnin, OpenG, MCDDTLC, Amsterdamned, kleermaker, Gripweed and the others don't invite me to the meetings, the vibrato drum circles, anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-01 11:18 by Smokey.

Date: March 1, 2011 20:18

Smokey
cc
quickly deleted comment from Smokey, IORR MT Fan No. 2

If I am 2, then there are a heck of a lot of people who are sharing the number one slot.
Lightnin, OpenG, MCDDTLC, Amsterdamned, kleermaker, Gripweed and the others don't invite me to the meetings, the vibrato drum circles, anything.

lol, ok, you're in the top 10 at least!

Date: March 2, 2011 01:59

cc
Indeed.

This is a very important distinction to make. I'm talking about the live version of Dead Flowers from L&G and the alternate take of All Down The Line released in 2010. Take a different version of either song and you won't hear the resemblance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home