Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Oscar's coming up!
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 28, 2011 02:45

What are you gonna wear? Seen any of the films?

Re: Oscar's coming up!
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:04

Stoneage
What are you gonna wear?

I'm fixing to take a shower and put on my pajamas.

After that I'm gonna watch M*A*S*H reruns until I fall asleep.

Date: February 28, 2011 03:20

Good choice EG! M*A*S*H is a timeless epic compared to these shortlived flicks! And you always know what they are gonna wear (army green)!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:22

I think he's talking about the lame TV show, not the classic Altman feature.

Date: February 28, 2011 03:30

I understood that, GD. He said reruns, which means pluralis. I know, they are lame - but lame in a good way!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:36

Yeah, I'm talking about the TV show, but I wouldn't call it lame.

Can't really compare the TV show to the film it came from.
Mainstream TV in the '70s couldn't handle the edginess of the film.

I suppose you could say the TV version was kinda lame in it's last years, as most tend to be.

Date: February 28, 2011 03:54

Yep, lame isn't the right word. Unpretentious maybe? Basically, it's a standard sit-com. A very succesful and longlived sit-com though.

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 28, 2011 05:34

ACADEMY AWARDS 2/27/2011 - as bad as it gets, no, it's worse than that. What CRAP !!! I am such a Sado Masochist to even sit through this disjointed, lowest level fluff... Well at least Trent Reznor (NINE INCH NAILS) won for Best Soundtrack... Anybody actually enjoying this so called "entertainment"? (Academy Awards)? I was thinking that maybe about 4 Vicodin and a 6 pack of 8.2 STEEL RESERVE brew could get me thru this bore-fest but I have neither right now - stuck in a nightmare, no way out...... OPRAH WINFREY coming out now?.... Well, at least the Brilliant Documentary "Inside Job" won - !!! Great choice - 1 enlightened minute out of 3 horrible hours !!!

AND THE WINNER SHOULD BE !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 05:51 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 05:51

I don't know why, but I TIVO'd it so I can fast-forward through it in, like, 30 minutes. I do that every year.

CrissCrossMind
ACADEMY AWARDS 2/27/2011 - as bad as it gets, no, it's worse than that. What CRAP !!! I am such a Sado Masochist to even sit through this disjointed, lowest level fluff... Well at least Trent Reznor (NINE INCH NAILS) won for Best Soundtrack... Anybody actually enjoying this so called "entertainment"? (Academy Awards)? I was thinking that maybe about 4 Vicodin and a 6 pack of 8.2 STEEL RESERVE brew could get me thru this bore-fest but I have neither right now - stuck in a nightmare, no way out...... OPRAH WINFREY coming out now?.... Well, at least the Brilliant Documentary "Inside Job" won - !!! Great choice - 1 enlightened minute out of 3 horrible hours !!!

Date: February 28, 2011 05:57

Good move, gypsy18 (BTW, saw your shot on here the other day, great B-day - 8/18. Mines 8/20 - we're in the LEO Club, like Mick) Take Care, CC Mind

Date: February 28, 2011 06:19

NATALIE PORTMAN, BLACK SWAN - Just WON Best Actress !!! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... you go GIRL !!!! (see video above)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2011 06:37

Yet another movie that didn't deserve the win. They do that more times than not. The King's Speech. I mean, seriously. Inception should've won.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: February 28, 2011 06:56

No Oscar for True Grit ..... ??

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:09

CrissCrossMind
NATALIE PORTMAN, BLACK SWAN - Just WON Best Actress !!! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... you go GIRL !!!! (see video above)

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:10

Oscar
Oh yeah 9 Oscars for True Grit!

Date: February 28, 2011 07:17

Penelope Cruz wore a L'Wren Scott dress.

Date: February 28, 2011 07:33

TRUE GRIT? Was that as good as this Masterpiece? I mean,

Bridges is ALWAYS great....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:41

I thought it would be a good show this year since their were so many interesting movies, but the show sucked. The hosts were really awkward, lots of "jokes" that fell flat. and nothing for True Grit? WTF.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 07:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:57

CrissCrossMind

I saw the alleged masterpiece a few weeks ago. Watch the John Wayne version and the Coen Brothers update in close succession and there's no comparison. Wayne against Bridges is a draw, and the Coen Brothers version is better by a mile in every respect. Kim Darby and Glen Campbell are laughable.

Date: February 28, 2011 08:22

Worth noting: the Coens' TRUE GRIT is not really a remake of the John Wayne movie, as they went back to the original novel and wrote their own screenplay.

IMO it was highly entertaining and will age well. I predict it will develop more of a following as time passes.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:33

ab
CrissCrossMind

I saw the alleged masterpiece a few weeks ago. Watch the John Wayne version and the Coen Brothers update in close succession and there's no comparison. Wayne against Bridges is a draw, and the Coen Brothers version is better by a mile in every respect. Kim Darby and Glen Campbell are laughable.

The original True Grit was just a action-adventure Western, nothing more and nothing less. Darby and Campbell and Robert Duvall pretty much did their jobs. That certainly wasn't Wayne's best role. Why compare? It's a shame a lot of films Hollywood make today have to be "dark, dark, dark." I did like the Bridges' version, and the original, too. The original was actually kind of a fun, Saturday-afternoon type of movie that they don't make anymore.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:59

Oscar for Denmark and Persbrandt:YES!

2 1 2 0

Date: February 28, 2011 09:14

Yo, Kids, I'm not comparing the old John Wayne TRUE GRIT (never saw a complete version - saw a few clips way back in the day) to the new TRUE GRIT (never saw it) BUT I'm sure Jeff Bridges is great in it, as usual. What I'm saying here is that THE BIG LEBOWSKI kicks ass over all of them.... (you guys gotta watch the clips ") )

Gotta agree with Ryanpow, the show sucked big time, SO disjointed, horrible flow, horrible jokes... I could go on and on. Every year it seems to be an attempt at some kind of new broadcasting experiment....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home