Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mystery Stones songs
Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 27, 2011 13:02

Some of these definitely exist, some are just rumours. Has anyone here heard any of these songs? Possibly some have turned up elsewhere with different titles?

- Scarlet
- Toss The Coin
- Old Glory
- Yonders Wall
- Lady

Re: mystery Stones songs
Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: January 27, 2011 13:44

Yonders Wall is a rollocking blues boogie,unfortuniately I"ve never heard The Stones doing it.

Date: January 27, 2011 13:49

Yonders Wall was allegedly performed during the tapings for Rock'n'roll Circus. So rollicking would be the key word.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: January 27, 2011 13:52

High or Low

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 27, 2011 14:13

>> Yonders Wall <<

isn't it called Look On Yonder Wall?
although i suppose it can have assorted titles - blues classics are like that

Date: January 27, 2011 14:21

Right you are sssoul smiling smiley
I've also heard it referred to as "Over Yonder Wall".
The Dalton "20 Years" book calls it Yonders Wall.
Would love to hear it.
Speaking of blues boogie, on the Altamont bootleg The Stones break into a version of "Sun Is Shining" and it is very tasty!

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 27, 2011 15:35

Keep it Cool (UC sessions)
Can't Find love

Boy, would love to hear these trax!

Date: January 27, 2011 15:38

What session was "Can't Find Love" from?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 27, 2011 16:16

All Undercover....From complete works website:
821000B mid-October - 7th November: Paris, France, unidentified basement studio. MJ (voc, gtr, el p), KR (gtr, voc) and CW (dr) prepare demos for the upcoming album Undercover,
incl.
- Can’t Find Love I (MJ/KR)
- Can’t Find Love II (MJ/KR)
- She Was Hot I (MJ/KR) -early slower version with different lyrics
- Wanna Hold You I (MJ/KR)
- What I’m Saying Is True I (MJ/KR)
- What I’m Saying Is True II (MJ/KR)
+ 5 or 6 more demos, possible are these titles, but this could be working titles of some of the songs listed below, (821107A):
- Christine (MJ/KR)
- Dreams To Remember (MJ/KR)
- I’m So Weak (MJ/KR)
- Leg Warmer (MJ/KR)
- Lizards Neck (MJ/KR)
- Run And Take (MJ/KR)
- You Keep It Cool Parts 1 & 2 (MJ/KR)

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 17:57

I'm reminded of when I first heard the album title "TATTOO YOU" I tried to imagine what the song "Tattoo You" sounded like. And I even made up song phrases using the words tattoo you, "Oh, maybe the song sounds like this...or maybe it's a fast song." And I'd be singing "tattoo you" around the house with some added words and my own melody. And then I got the album and there was no actual "Tattoo You" song....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 17:58 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 27, 2011 18:12

Title5Take1
I'm reminded of when I first heard the album title "TATTOO YOU" I tried to imagine what the song "Tattoo You" sounded like. And I even made up song phrases using the words tattoo you, "Oh, maybe the song sounds like this...or maybe it's a fast song." And I'd be singing "tattoo you" around the house with some added words and my own melody. And then I got the album and there was no actual "Tattoo You" song....

yeah. hate it when that happens. i sang steel wheels, voodoo lounge, bridges to babylon and a bigger bang for weeks - all in vain. too bad, they were awesome....

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: January 28, 2011 13:14

I am sure it was Yonders Wall I heard, but the boot was so bad I deleted it. Impossible to enjoy

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 28, 2011 13:18

Title5Take1

Yeah, I used to smoke that too...

Date: January 28, 2011 13:19

That's interesting whiskey. I did the same with the "Surrey Rehearsals" audio files. In the files you could barely hear the Stones rehearsing Hold On I'm Coming, or murdering a cat, it was hard to tell exactly.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: January 28, 2011 13:28

Never heard Surrey Rehearsals, glad now I didnt Bolexman

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2011 14:03

bolexman
That's interesting whiskey. I did the same with the "Surrey Rehearsals" audio files.

... you went around the house singing "surrey rehearsals, surrey rehearsals" to different tunes
until you realized that wasn't actually a song? hmp - well, blame it on the Stones :E

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 28, 2011 14:33

Jamming with Edward

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: January 28, 2011 14:45

Come On
Jamming with Edward

how mystery this album is? it's genesis seems quite clear ;-)

Date: January 28, 2011 18:11

Sssoul that made me laugh smiling smiley

Surprised nobody has anything on "Toss The Coin"and "Old Glory". Those studio tracks were apparently laid down in basic form sometime between 1968-69.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 28, 2011 18:39

StonesTod
Title5Take1

yeah. hate it when that happens. i sang steel wheels, voodoo lounge, bridges to babylon and a bigger bang for weeks - all in vain. too bad, they were awesome....

yes! same thing happened to me w/ Hot Rocks ... still not sure why they left that off the album

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 28, 2011 20:07

I had a bit of trouble singing the title of their first album...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 11, 2011 09:24

Amused
Come On
Jamming with Edward

how mystery this album is? it's genesis seems quite clear ;-)

Question: when did you lay your hands on this album? It was quite a mysterious thing to find 1971 when I found it...

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home