Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. Killing Cancer Gig at HMV Apollo January 13th.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 14, 2011 14:41

Just a short revue of the show.House band were The Who minus Pete and Roger.Richard Ashcroft on first with a nice acoustic set.Then the house band with Roger on guitar for a few numbers.He did mention he will be back later with The Who.Next was Bryan Adams who did a nice solo set and had cancer survivor Teri doing his last song with him.Short interval at 8.50p.m. and then the music realy started.Jeff Beck did 3 numbers with the house band, including Becks Bolero and A Day in the Life.Superb.Debbie Harry then appeared on stage and did Heart of Glass which had the audience up on their feet and dancing.Debbie did her set next when Jeff left the stage.She was a real star.The Who were next and everyone on their feet from the start.Baba O'Reilley,Won't Get Fooled again and one other.A few pints of lager had been drunk that night so the brain wasn't in top gear.Pete then left the stage and Jeff came on as lead guitar with The Who.They did a great bluesey song with the voice of Roger and the guitar of Jeff Beck.Terrific stuff.The finale was the whole lineup doing a Who song with the chorus ''Join Together in the Band''.Drink had got the better of me by then and couldn't remember the title..............Still can't.This show was a great start to the year and was for a very good cause.Anyone else out there go ??? thumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Re: O.T. Killing Cancer Gig at HMV Apollo January 13th.
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 14, 2011 14:51

"The finale was the whole lineup doing a Who song with the chorus ''Join Together in the Band''.Drink had got the better of me by then and couldn't remember the title..............Still can't."

The song is called "Join Together" and was the last song

Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: January 15, 2011 09:39

The Who were on fire-- clip doesnt do justicethumbs up

Date: January 15, 2011 09:42

The Who play 'Join Together' 1st time in 20 yrs-- with Jeff Beck other guests-- special guests miss ques-- nice clear film though-- interaction bewtween Towshend & Beck

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 15, 2011 09:48

WOW! Daltry is sounding mighty FINE! Good on him for getting the throat surgery! A total rejuvenation for him! YAY!

Date: January 15, 2011 13:28

whitem8
WOW! Daltry is sounding mighty FINE! Good on him for getting the throat surgery! A total rejuvenation for him! YAY!

same kind of surgery that Rod Stewart had- worked for him too

Date: January 15, 2011 13:43

still got it!thumbs up

Date: January 15, 2011 14:50

Thanks for posting the youtube clips Bomber.Sounds as if you were there.I was standing next to the sound desk virtually in the middle, at the back of the stalls.Harvey Goldsmith was standing next to me at times in between his walkabouts.Shook his hand and congratulated him for putting on such a good lineup for a great cause.Seems like a nice guy.As you said,The Who were on fire and Rogers voice was sounding great. More chance of The Who on tour again,than the Stones first tour for donkeys years.Especially after reading the posts about Ian from the Faces playing solo soon and possible Faces gigs or a tour starting summertime.My optimism for a Stones tour is slowly waning. smoking smileyconfused smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: albop ()
Date: January 16, 2011 13:32

Great night with wonderful musicians. Jeff Beck was impressive and his set was, for me, the highlight of the concert. The Who were very, very good but the sound was too loud, really too loud. The most important is that the Who are alive ! and the Stones ???

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 15:06

Very interesting it was so loud. Pete's hearing and tinitis is really bad, and he said his ears have a painful ring most the time..the poor bugger! But great to see, they are rocking hard! Wonderful!

Posted by: albop ()
Date: January 16, 2011 15:32

Pete's hearing and tinitis seem to be a real problem for the Who and for organising a tour. It's a pity because the band is still one of the best live band in the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 15:46 by albop.

Date: January 16, 2011 17:45

In my position at the back of the stalls,the sound was realy spot on.I could appreciate that at the front of stage and quite a way back it could have been very loud.As albop said, Jeff Beck was realy good,and that performance was an equal to his RAH shows which I saw. Jeff and The Who were undoubtadly the highlights of the show.Also,most of the fans I chatted to before and after the gig were there for The Who first closely followed by Jeff Beck which didn't surprise me in the least. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:23

Pete is awesome and his playing just keeps getting better

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2011 02:24

ROGER DALTREY PERFORMS THE WHO'S TOMMY
Teenage Cancer Trust has just announced the line-up to its 11th annual week of music and comedy gigs at the Royal Albert Hall.

The highlight for Who fans will be a special performance on Thursday 24 March by Roger Daltrey of The Who's 1969 rock opera TOMMY. Roger will also perform early hits including material from LIVE AT LEEDS.

Members of TheWho.com will be able to participate in a ticket presale this week beginning on Tuesday 9AM local time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home