Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rabbit Bundrick vs. Chuck Leavell
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:49

Is there anyone who can compare their status in both bands, the Who and the Stones?
I´m not so much into the Who facts, so I´d like to know.

Re: Rabbit Bundrick vs. Chuck Leavell
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: January 23, 2011 02:08

Rabbit is less bluesy/traditional in my opinion. I prefer him to Chuck.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 03:08

Two completely different keyboardist in style. Rabbit is great with The Who. I especially like his later stuff with them on stage, how he uses more of an organ sound with them....great player!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2011 05:11

True, but Rabbit sucked on SHE'S THE BOSS. Come to think of it, so did Chuck.

Chuck has been great with the Stones if he sticks to organ or a real piano. "Fancy Man Blues" shows he can play boogie-woogie with the best of them and some of his organ work (particularly in the eighties) was extremely tasty. The problem is his choice of instruments in concert and how high he is in the mix. The latter is hardly his fault. In truth, some of his keyboard parts sound so much like electric guitars as to be disheartening. I fear without Chuck, the Stones' live sound would not be an improvement. I'm afraid it's one of those situations where you can't have it both ways. We get the plink because you also get Chuck covering as much as you do. If he just played a Hammond B-3 or a concert piano, he'd be a great player but the band's sound would suffer in concert unless Keith and Ronnie were both really on their game night after night.

Mind you, it's all ancient history these days.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:45

I ahree with most of the comments above. Rabbit is not really playing bluesy with The Who. I like his work with the Who but it's like comparing apples and oranges to compare him with Chuck.

I also agree that Chuck's work with the Stones is influenced by how well Keith and Ronnie are playing (or not playing and just posing). Something most earlier Stones keyboardists did not have to worry a lot about.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 23, 2011 17:39

Rabbit played some of his best licks around 1973 on Free's Heartbreaker and on Bob Marley And The Wailer's Catch A Fire.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 23, 2011 18:45

Ha Ha Fvckjng keybordists...Here's the man:

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home