Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crowd Security..What possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:41

I don't mind a bit of crowd security and I can quite understand why its needed.But to go along to any concert and see the amount of security there and they're usually standing a few metres apart.. all wearing there brightly coloured shirts.I always think its a bit over-kill to have that many..and getting stared at every now and then..it's enough to spoil anyones night.Where not in the 1960s or 70s anymore..so what possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert nowadays?

Re: Crowd Security..What possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:44

>>What possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert<<

No, we're not in the 60s or 70s anymore, but there are still gun-crazed lunatics out there, especially in the U.S.

Re: secure yourself
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:46

colonial, what could possibly go wrong anywhere/anytime? and yet things do
(and what do the 60s/70s have to do with it, any more than the 80s/90s/00s?)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:13

<<< so what possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert nowadays ? >>>

They play like shit ? Ever thought about that as a possibility ? Hardly a security issue though !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:22

Could someone with a front row ticket throw his/her denture at Mick...? Gotta hurt!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:27

paulywaul
<<< so what possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert nowadays ? >>>

They play like shit ? Ever thought about that as a possibility ? Hardly a security issue though !

That's not a problem. The problem is that if some journalist goes and reports that in media. Then the concert experience of the audience is ruined and teh egos of performers are hurt. So, the "satisfaction" of both the sensitive performers and the audience that pays a lot of money to see teh miracle, needs to secured. A public apology is naturally asked from such a nasty person. Or him to be "taken care of". For the security's sake I guess.

Of course I am hypothetical here - there are no such nasty unloyal journalists and The Stones would never behave such primadonna-like. cool smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 15:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:27

Crowd security is highly needed. Did you ever hear about the Roskilde tragedy? Or how the most recent Stones show in Rome Italy turned nasty when hundreds stormed down from the seats to the ground? Or how 2-3 big guys stormed the stage in Manchester, local security did nothing while Stones security got them off stage fast? Or in Japan where distance matter? Or in Buenos Aires where security is vital?

You may think security is boring and annoying, but I will assure you the places I have seen most damage to people have been those with most liberal security. Security is there so that you can gtet back to your family alive and in good health after the show. I have seen broken legs, fights, ruined shows and lots more. Thanks to everyone who work with Stones security. They make our band and our safety tick!

Bjornulf

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:48

Edith Grove
>>What possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert<<

No, we're not in the 60s or 70s anymore, but there are still gun-crazed lunatics out there, especially in the U.S.

Oh yeah, every other person you meet here is just itching for an excuse to blow you away. Jeezuz.

You get patted down at a concert OR a football game primarily so you don't sneak in beer or alcohol which the venue will be more than happy to sell you at a 500% profit.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: December 29, 2010 20:45

Yeah really, i mean it's not like it's even possible that some paranoid wack job is gonna whip out a hand gun a few feet in front of the stage, or anything...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 29, 2010 21:00

"What possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert?" Hmmm, Altamont comes to mind...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2010 21:57

i pretty much go to stones shows nowadays just FOR the security. the rest is just unnecessary fluff...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 29, 2010 21:59

bv
Crowd security is highly needed. Did you ever hear about the Roskilde tragedy? Or how the most recent Stones show in Rome Italy turned nasty when hundreds stormed down from the seats to the ground? Or how 2-3 big guys stormed the stage in Manchester, local security did nothing while Stones security got them off stage fast? Or in Japan where distance matter? Or in Buenos Aires where security is vital?

You may think security is boring and annoying, but I will assure you the places I have seen most damage to people have been those with most liberal security. Security is there so that you can gtet back to your family alive and in good health after the show. I have seen broken legs, fights, ruined shows and lots more. Thanks to everyone who work with Stones security. They make our band and our safety tick!

Or how the most recent Stones show in Rome Italy turned nasty when hundreds stormed down from the seats to the ground?

Yup, that sure wasn't any fun, not when I and my other half had second row seats dead centre ... we had to spend the entire show standing up on those seats due to the sheer crush of bodies within the first few rows. Needless to say it pissed people off behind us, so we were getting bottles thrown at us from behind ... just great.

That crowd was insane and totally out of control. On the way out of the stadium after the show we saw a bunch of guys push over one of the portable toilets, with some poor girl in it at the time. I mean really ... totally pathetic and unacceptable behaviour.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: December 29, 2010 22:13

colonial
I don't mind a bit of crowd security and I can quite understand why its needed.But to go along to any concert and see the amount of security there and they're usually standing a few metres apart.. all wearing there brightly coloured shirts.I always think its a bit over-kill to have that many..and getting stared at every now and then..it's enough to spoil anyones night.Where not in the 1960s or 70s anymore..so what possibly could go wrong at a Stones concert nowadays?

Think about this. Security does not come cheap. Do you think arena management, bands, promoter's etc., shell the money out for this for no reason???? They just want to pay for a bunch of unnecessary expense??

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 29, 2010 23:31

By the way security is by law i.e. you do not get a license to perform a show in front of say 50,000 people unless you have contracted to proper security. And there are limitations of crowds and so on. I remember "old" Wembley stadium used to take 100,000 people but when the Stones performed there first time in the summer of 1982 the capacity was down to 72,000 due to security. We should all be glad because of security. By the way one of the Hockenheim shows I went to had at least 20,000 people more than legally licenced crowd number because of monkey business in ticket handling. It would happen all the time unless we had security and rules.

Bjornulf

Date: December 30, 2010 02:56

If any serious trouble broke out..quite a few of those local hired security staff give me the impression they would probably run for cover anyway.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:04

bv
By the way security is by law i.e. you do not get a license to perform a show in front of say 50,000 people unless you have contracted to proper security. And there are limitations of crowds and so on. I remember "old" Wembley stadium used to take 100,000 people but when the Stones performed there first time in the summer of 1982 the capacity was down to 72,000 due to security. We should all be glad because of security. By the way one of the Hockenheim shows I went to had at least 20,000 people more than legally licenced crowd number because of monkey business in ticket handling. It would happen all the time unless we had security and rules.

Huh?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:06

Just let them pick out the drunk bastards and all the problems are solved..at least the problems I saw was mostly caused by drunk guys who try to get in front even if there isn't any place

Date: December 30, 2010 03:25

The local hired Security ground staff brought in for the day..would be easy enough.. to put it across if ya' really wanted to.But The Stones own security now they're a different story..ya' would have to be either incredibly Brave or Stupid if ya' think ya' could get pass them.It would be like running in a Brick wall.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 30, 2010 11:54

When I saw the Copacabana concert, I could help to be thrilled ....so many people !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home