Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Singing along with WHIP or LET ME GO
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 09:03

You know what I mean? You're singing along with WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN in your car and you think, "Mick was brazen enough to sing the gay lines, so I will be, too!" But then when those lines come along suddenly you're not so brave.

"Yeah, mama and papa told me
I was crazy to stay
I was MUMBLE in New York
A MUMBLE in L.A.
So I saved my money
And I took a plane..."

"Don't want that dude driving the 18-wheeler in the next lane to read my lips and think I'm a freaking homo."

When I hear Mick sing those lines I think of what Jerry said in her new book, "One of the things I liked about Mick was he didn't care at all what people thought of him"

I'll admit I won't even think of being brazen with CS BLUES! I'll just let Mick sing those lyrics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-28 11:56 by bv.

Re: To straight guys (like me): Do you ever sing along with WHIP or LET ME GO but get self-concsious at the "gay" lines?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 28, 2010 09:07

Funny post.

Never really thought about it. I'm straight and hardly blink when I sing the opening verse of "When The Whip Comes Down." It doesn't bother me because I didn't write it. Mick did...so I'm singing as that character that Mick created for that song. For some reason, there's a distinct separation. But I can see where you're coming from.

Re: To straight guys (like me): Do you ever sing along with WHIP or LET ME GO but get self-concsious at the "gay" lines?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 28, 2010 09:29

..you got any lines from Queens repertoire? I'm gladly sing along with 'Radio GaGa' though I know the frontman was a uphill gardener..but if you try 'Sing if you glad to be gay' with Tom Robinson Band it's a little worser...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2010 10:04

...... not a great good idea ta break inta Stand By Your Man if ya boozin' with abattoir slaughtermen either

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 28, 2010 10:39

don't worry - go to some baseball stadium and watch how people behave when they play YMCA - are they all homosexuals? Anyway - your truck driver might me amongst them… so where's the problem.
(By the way: I guess a lot of 'normal' men like Mick Jagger because he acts out some kind of gender and sexual orientation ambivalence they themselves feel but would never act out)

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 28, 2010 10:53

Singi,ng along with Mick on that song does not make guys more atractive to me. So no, no problem.

Date: December 28, 2010 11:08

Justin
Never really thought about it. I'm straight and hardly blink when I sing the opening verse of "When The Whip Comes Down." It doesn't bother me because I didn't write it. Mick did...so I'm singing as that character that Mick created for that song. For some reason, there's a distinct separation. But I can see where you're coming from.

leteyer
Singi,ng along with Mick on that song does not make guys more atractive to me. So no, no problem.

...These two say it all.
+1!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Re: Singing along with WHIP or LET ME GO
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:32

not a problem for me, too - wasn't it Keith who said that he's alright with wearing his wife's clothes from time to time just because he's perfectly straight? winking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:43

I guess it's like when I sing Midnight Rmbler's lyrics though I don't have any rape's fantasy .cool smiley

The only lyrics I can't sing :"I rode a tank" 's part in SFTD.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:46

I never have a problem singing the words that were written to ANY song - because that's how it was done.

And why would you be embarrassed? That's interesting. It's nothing to do with "being brave".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home