Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Breathe On Me
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 05:13

Having seen Woody's recent solo show and the 100 Club on video AND listened a lot to his new album, I have to say that if the band does tour I really hope they give him a chance to breathe on stage.... he can really deliver.

Re: Breathe On Me
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 10, 2010 06:15

They never do. Or I should say, Keith doesn't.

As the tours have progressed, Keith has taken a wider and wider guitar presence on stage...pushing Ronnie back more and more to a distant corner. That's not neccessarily a good thing especially since the Stones's unique signature characteristic is the wonderful guitar "sandwich" sound.

Incidentally, Ronnie's "Breathe On Me" is one fine song.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:54

yes, a fine song from a fine album

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:50

Indeed a fine song. I'm looking for an MP3 file of the 7" single version, which id different to the album version. Anybody got it or can point me in the right direction?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-10 09:51 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:01

>> yes, a fine song from a fine album <<

from three fine albums, actually! and all three renditions are mighty mighty fine

Date: December 10, 2010 13:21

Ah, but is one of them my elusive 7" single version?? I was kinda hoping he'd use that version on The Essential Crossexion album but never found out.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 10, 2010 14:04

Silver Dagger
Indeed a fine song. I'm looking for an MP3 file of the 7" single version, which id different to the album version. Anybody got it or can point me in the right direction?

Hi Silver Dagger,

I haven't examined it too closely but I believe the single is an edit of the albumversion in a slightly different mix. Send me a pm with yer emailadres so I can send you a christmascard.winking smiley

Date: December 10, 2010 15:52

Britney
Silver Dagger

Hi Silver Dagger,

I haven't examined it too closely but I believe the single is an edit of the albumversion in a slightly different mix. Send me a pm with yer emailadres so I can send you a christmascard.winking smiley

As far as I can remember it was a different recording but I can't find info about it anywhere. It's the b-side of I Can Feel The Fire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-10 16:53 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2010 15:54

breathe on me? "it's a classic!"

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 10, 2010 16:10

Britney

I don't see a way to send a PM?! As a big fan of Ronnie, I would be very grateful for a copy of this: leonidp7000@gmail.com

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: December 10, 2010 16:16

Have look there:
[cgi.ebay.fr]

Date: December 10, 2010 17:55

thanks very much! I did a quick listen. As far as I can tell, its the same version but only edited down to 5 mins (probably to fit on a 7'') - the original is closer to 6m30s.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 10, 2010 20:10

Breathe On Me may be his finest song. That is a statement not to be taken lightly as we are talking about one of Rock's great songwriters.

Date: December 10, 2010 23:03

Carnaby
Breathe On Me may be his finest song. That is a statement not to be taken lightly as we are talking about one of Rock's great songwriters.

it definitely doesn't top Ooh La La from his Faces days (although many believe it was penned by ronnie lane instead - the fact that it's been a staple of ronnie w's career, i.e. always played on solo shows and that he sings it, i tend to believe those that state it was written by ronnie w)

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 11, 2010 02:23

"Ooh La La" was co-written by the two Ronnies and is credited to Wood/Lane.

And the Now Look version of "Breathe On Me" is epic. One of great overlooked gems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home