Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT, New York travel
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:11

I wonder someone over here is from New York city and close towns, if you know it, could you suggest me some good places to hung out, bars, restaurants, small clubs where I can see good concerts, I mean no the Madison Sq. Garden, I mean small jazz clubs, r&r clubs, good restaurants in Manhattan specially,

Million of thanks!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: OT, New York travel
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:17

Depends on your budget. Niagara on 7th and Ave A is one of my favorite bars. For shows, just grab a copy of the Village Voice and see what interests you.

Date: November 27, 2010 21:22

Thanks what else, I mean that magazine is like LA weekly those you grab on the streets?¿
About the budget we are a group of young guys around 40´s, we are 12 women and men, we want fun, not expend too much money in discoteques of 20 dollars the entrance, you know what I mean, cool places, good restaurants, I mean, creative restaurants, not the Ferran Adriá rest., I know there´re a lots in NYC, a good list if you can, clubs, bars and restaurants por favor
Thanks in advance

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 27, 2010 21:22

always good to see whois playing at BB kings; youi might get lucky--ive seen Hunert Sumlin, John Mayall and Mick Tatylor there(oh wait i forgot he cancalled onme twice!!)

Date: November 27, 2010 21:32

I like that Niagara, but I´ve been lots of time in NYC, and the rest of group never have been there, I mean never in US... Which places would you take them at night, to eat, etc...
Muchas gracias!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

fiftyamp
Depends on your budget. Niagara on 7th and Ave A is one of my favorite bars. For shows, just grab a copy of the Village Voice and see what interests you.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: November 27, 2010 22:37

Frank's on 2nd between 5th & 6th has good Italian food. Yakitori at 5 St Marks(at 3rd) is great Japanese and very cheap. It's also across the street from Trash and Vaudeville, and the building that was on Zepplin's Physical Graffiti(also where Mick meets Keith in the Waiting on a Friend video) is right there too. Otto's Shrunken Head is a cool joint with live music on 14th between Aves A & B.

Date: November 28, 2010 04:55

Thanks!!
I need more info!!!

carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:08

Carnegie deli 56th and 7th st. Biggest and best pastrami sandwich you'll EVER eat in your life!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:01

NY is all about neighborhoods. Try the West Village, East Village. Upper West Side near the Beacon Theater (where I used to live) is cool, and you have The Dakota, where the Lennons were (and Yoko still is), Central Park, the Hudson River. There's a cool Cuban-Chinese restaurant on 78th and Broadway called La Caridad. Cheap and great. Worth taking a trip across the river to Brooklyn as well.

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:07

I like SOHO and Greenwich Village. Plenty of cool little restaurants but do a big web search for clubs and all that cause NYC is SUPER SONIC EXPENSIVE (as you know), totally out of control !! For hotel info (good prices - for Manhattan - in small little clean and cool hotels) go on -

[www.eurocheapo.com]

They cover almost all of Europe's big cities and ONLY do NYC in the USA cause I think most of the team/crew are from NYC so it's easy for them to add it in (plus it's almost impossible to find a cool little hotel - the kind you can find all over Europe - without paying a fortune) GREAT website, Fantastic !!!

Remember, half price tickets for Broadway plays/shows at TKTS in Times Square (it used to be around 3 pm back in the day when I used to go to NYC all the time before they turned into some strange Disneyland NYC - 80's/early 90's) - on the day of the show. I'd use buses and taxis and feet, would avoid the subway (for many and obvious reasons)

Statue of Liberty is great. Wonderful gift from France. Ellis Island - Island where all the immigrants came through/were processed - is also interesting (my parents names are on the "Wall of Immigrants" which I find quite nice (I'm sure they would be happy) Have fun, David Bowie lives around SOHO/TRIBECA, maybe you'll bump into him. I hear he walks around down there a lot. Le Mind

Date: November 28, 2010 14:58

Great amigos!!
More tips that you remember?
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 28, 2010 17:30

fiftyamp
Depends on your budget. Niagara on 7th and Ave A is one of my favorite bars

Agreed, Lovely bar

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 28, 2010 18:49

Here's a jazz club for ya.

[www.bluenote.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home