Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Huckabee - Keith
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:47

I interviewed former Arkansas Governor candidate Mike Huckabee this morning for an article I'm writing about a new music charity project of his - after some time on that, we got into a marvelous, rambling chat (for a while!) about Keith and the Stones (remember, Huckabee pardoned Keith for the 1975 Arkansas reckless diving charge)

I'll tell you what - this guy knows his stuff (collects cool guitars too) and he ADORES the Stones - he's trying to book Keith on his show and then jam (Huckabee is a bassist) but all politics aside, this guy would fit right in with many of the threads here - he's that big a Stones guy

From the past - "Former Arkansas governor and now presidential candidate Mike Huckabee sounded almost indignant last week describing how police in his home state charged Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards with reckless driving back in the 1970s. When Huckabee met Richards last year, he righted that perceived wrong by pardoning the rock star. Cynics accused Huckabee of giving the famous special treatment, saying he wouldn't pardon the average citizen. To which Huckabee responded: "No, I wouldn't. . . . But here's the deal: If you can play guitar like Keith Richards, I'd do it for you."

Re: Huckabee - Keith
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home