Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones CDs and DVDs ?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 13, 2010 04:50

EDIT: TIME TO MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR

Kanye West has cancelled a scheduled live appearance on NBC's Today Show next week, because he felt that he was being treated unfairly during his taped interview with Matt Lauer, when they ran a tape showing his rude interruption of Taylor Swift at the VMA show a year or so ago...

Says Steven J. Horowitz of YRB Magazine:
“Kanye wasn't treated unfairly at all. Anyone who's ever watched Matt Lauer give an interview on the 'Today' show knows that he provides context to what an interviewee is discussing by showing clips. Granted, the tactic is intended to cull a specific emotional response, but it isn't malicious at all. The problem here is that 'Ye thought he could use this specific media opp as a platform to discuss whatever he wanted and control how it transpired on his own terms. That's not how it works in television and to bite the hand that helps feed your promo machine is, frankly, childish.”

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 04:06 by schillid.

Re: OT : Kanye West Cancels Live TV Appearance ...
Date: November 13, 2010 05:05

stupid NBC. they don't even give Kanye airtime to explain himself regarding the Taylor Swift moment after the audio interruption. "Kanye wasn't treated unfairly at all". it's called "sensationalism". he's trying to respond to accusations and they play audio to distract him (it might be standard protocol to play video while someone is speaking, but to have audio fed into the studio so the person speaking can hear it WHILE they're speaking? that's a little suspect). so, my guess is NBC knew he would respond in a news-worthy way to sensationalize the interview hence the fact that they didn't even bother with airing Kanye's response. so therefore, yes, he was treated unfairly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-13 05:24 by bernardandersonII.

Re: OT : "Childish" Kanye West Cancels Live TV Appearance ...
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 13, 2010 05:22

isn't there software that can help this site block anything related to Kanye West> i mean, come on -

Date: November 13, 2010 05:25

hbwriter, nobody is forcing you to watch the video or read about it. if you much prefer to see discussions about mick's penis, i can direct you to that smiling smiley

Date: November 13, 2010 05:29

hbwriter
isn't there software that can help this site block anything related to Kanye West> i mean, come on -

bernardandersonII
hbwriter, nobody is forcing you to watch the video or read about it. if you much prefer to see discussions about mick's penis, i can direct you to that smiling smiley

Exactly. And less off-topic than your vacation, hbwriter, btw.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 13, 2010 06:30

Kanye is a bitch and needs to shut up and go away.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 13, 2010 17:03

I ain't budging - Kanye West doesn't exist to me -

and it wasn't a vacation - it was an *expedition* smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 13, 2010 17:19

Reminds me of one Keith's most controversial "recent" statements about rappers :
a- he thought their music was sh!t
b - they should only concentrate on their private vendettas and shoot each others till the last one's off.

A bit unfair about rappers but I'd definitely love Kenny and his fellow new soul "singers" to get a gun and clean their reputation with lead.

Date: November 13, 2010 17:33

is keith really that out of touch? wow. seems like it. what a grumpy old man.

Date: November 13, 2010 19:46

Yeah he basically said rappers didn't not write songs but came with noises on robotic noises. Since the Tupac/N.Big thing had just happened he gave that bit of "advice" to the ones still alive... smoking smiley
He also implied ity was the 1st time in his entire life black music and black artists came up with a new genre (rap music) and songs he couldn't stand.

Otoh, when you grew with Otis, JB, M. Gaye, S.Burke and tons of others, you might find rap a bit feeble.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 13, 2010 20:28

HB is right! This guy is a twit, with a thug mentality who truly believes he's GOD! Delusional on all levels and he needs to vaporize out of sight. If he can't stand that folks recall what he did to Taylor Swift then maybe he needs to quit the biz entirely because that is what we remember about him...and I don't usually agree with Keith but what he said about rappers I say AMEN to!!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 13, 2010 20:36

Kanye's very talented, but boy is he a DICK.

Date: November 13, 2010 21:42

mickschix
If he can't stand that folks recall what he did to Taylor Swift then maybe he needs to quit the biz entirely because that is what we remember about him...
we? no. that is what YOU remember about him. have you even listened to his music? have you even bothered to really LISTEN to rap music without the preconceived notion stuck in your head that it's all about shooting each other? there's more to music than just rock and roll and the rolling stones. rap and hip hop and kanye west might not be your cup of tea but to say that they should all go away and that they're talentless just makes you look bad.

Date: November 13, 2010 21:42

great song from a great album. certainly more interesting than anything the stones have done in years.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 13, 2010 23:55

dcba
Reminds me of one Keith's most controversial "recent" statements about rappers :
a- he thought their music was sh!t
b - they should only concentrate on their private vendettas and shoot each others till the last one's off.

A bit unfair about rappers but I'd definitely love Kenny and his fellow new soul "singers" to get a gun and clean their reputation with lead.

I don't see what's so 'controversial' about what Keith said about rappers. They aren't really musicians so it's not really music (songs) now is it, it is shit, or as you said, sh!t. C-rap music indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-13 23:59 by skipstone.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 14, 2010 00:10

Maybe Keith really meant to say that rap music is THE shit, but he got it all mixed up...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 14, 2010 00:12

Say you Will sounds awful. Bland and lifeless, just an ad for his ego.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 14, 2010 00:31

The Stones
Maybe Keith really meant to say that rap music is THE shit, but he got it all mixed up...
No,he was right the first time.....It's just shit.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 14, 2010 01:57

bernardandersonII
stupid NBC. they don't even give Kanye airtime to explain himself regarding the Taylor Swift moment after the audio interruption. "Kanye wasn't treated unfairly at all". it's called "sensationalism". he's trying to respond to accusations and they play audio to distract him (it might be standard protocol to play video while someone is speaking, but to have audio fed into the studio so the person speaking can hear it WHILE they're speaking? that's a little suspect). so, my guess is NBC knew he would respond in a news-worthy way to sensationalize the interview hence the fact that they didn't even bother with airing Kanye's response. so therefore, yes, he was treated unfairly.

thumbs up

I don't know about "unfairly" but will say "shittily," for the reasons above. Clearly they didn't have a great deal of respect for him. Would they have played a video clip over George Bush when he was concentrating and trying to formulate a thoughtful candid honest response? What they usually do is ask a question, and say to the interviewee..."let's take a look" and the action stops, Matt Lauer stops talking, and the interviewee also isn't expected to be talking over a video of himself.

Why is this meaningful to you, Schilld? and why are the opinions of Yellow Rat Bastard (YRcool smiley magazine particularly noteworthy (I don't know this publication)

- swiss

ps this thread teases out anger and old-school notions of race and music that oozes around this board - the brand of political conservatism seething with intolerance for difference---be it black people getting "uppity" when they speak their minds about a conservative president who, well, clearly didn't care about black people, or this generation's jungle music. Good thing we agree on the Stones!! (mostly...sometimes...occasionally...?) smiling bouncing smiley

Kanye isn't my favorite rapper, but he's ok...doesn't seem to me he thinks he's god; otoh, his opinions are stronger sometimes than his ability to express them. And definitely he is not diplomatic. And he tries very hard to be true and honest---but when you've just criticized the US President and everyone's up in arms about it he would be very hard pressed to say what he believed to be the facts (which I agree with) and for him to still have a career afterward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 02:13 by swiss.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 14, 2010 02:08

Pardon me for disagreeing, AGAIN but nothing I can say will ever make me look as bad as Kanye looks to MOST of the world. And as far as not knowing about his music or rap, how do you BERNARD, know what I KNOW about other forms of music?? It just so happens that I saw Kanye LIVE and made my opinion after seeing his act which was 90% cursing and the other 10% total BS! I happen to believe that MOST, not all, rap is worthless and I do believe that in America, as in most free countries, one is entitled to express an opinion.
I love most other forms of music, for the record including some country, Sinatra, Tony Bennett, soul, R&B, blues, rock, folk, bluegrass, and much more. I do not like rap because I don't consider is really music. As you can see, I'm not alone in my opinion. Check out the post above mine!!

Date: November 14, 2010 07:05

For me, the point isn't about race OR music...

Black or white... Good music or not... This guy here just seems like a big, self-absorbed dick.

Date: November 14, 2010 07:26

I just can't picture one of the Stones (not even Ronnie) "tweeting" to us all the time...

>>>>> [twitter.com]

.......let me tell you how they did me at the Today show...
November 9, 2010 10:40:00 PM EST via web

...I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist....
November 9, 2010 10:41:46 PM EST via web

...While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the "MTV" under me with audio!!!!!!!
November 9, 2010 10:42:33 PM EST via web

Date: November 14, 2010 07:27

...I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show ... and that's a very nice way for me to put it!
November 9, 2010 10:43:27 PM EST via web

...HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT.
November 9, 2010 10:44:27 PM EST via web

...I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused
November 9, 2010 10:46:09 PM EST via web

...I can't be everybody's hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!
November 9, 2010 10:49:12 PM EST via web

...Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don't trust anyone!
November 9, 2010 10:52:49 PM EST via web

...He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!!
November 9, 2010 10:59:47 PM EST via web

Date: November 14, 2010 07:29

...I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of "the set up"
November 12, 2010 3:07:01 AM EST via web

...I blatantly said I'm not performing on a tweet and to everyone around me and the next day they still announced a performance.
November 12, 2010 3:07:53 AM EST via web

...Do you guys see what I'm saying now... this is just a small slice of the day to day bullshit that goes on that helps to precipitate...
November 12, 2010 3:08:42 AM EST via web

...... the idea that I such an @#$%&.... cause when I don't perform oh noooow I'm the one that's crazy or a jerk!
November 12, 2010 3:11:10 AM EST via web

...If I hadn't tweeted about how they set me up at the show they would have never played the extra footage that displayed how disrespectful...
November 12, 2010 3:14:21 AM EST via web

...I want you guys to look at that footage and start to put everything together now. It's very simple to call someone angry or spoiled or...
November 12, 2010 3:15:46 AM EST via web

...the one thousand names I've been called but it's harder to try to take a look at what's really behind the curtain.
November 12, 2010 3:17:38 AM EST via web

Date: November 14, 2010 07:30

...under my interview. Yo sometimes you're just wrong and it ain't nothing you can say to justify it believe me I know!
November 12, 2010 3:21:47 AM EST via web

...Right now I'm not complaining. I'm tweeting because I'm so happy you guys got to see this shit really go down!!!!! : ))))))!!!! FINALLY!!!
November 12, 2010 3:43:36 AM EST via web

......And I don't hate Matt Lauer... We don't promote hate. That's the whole point!!! I promote love and truth!
November 12, 2010 3:45:22 AM EST via web

...... we're all products or our environments ... reflections of our surroundings...
November 12, 2010 3:47:01 AM EST via web

...You know what ....WE OFF THAT!!!... They made a mistake... they thought they could pull it but they couldn't! That was just a small...
November 12, 2010 4:00:39 AM EST via web

......representation of a bigger media play that's been going on since the beginning of time.
November 12, 2010 4:02:20 AM EST via web

...All positive energy ... all smiles. Much love to Matt and the whole Today Show. I accept ya'll future apology in advance LOL!
November 12, 2010 4:09:25 AM EST via web

...I'm in Dubai BTW... Bout to rip down this Abu Dhabi stage later tonight!!!
November 12, 2010 4:16:28 AM EST via web

...Hotel robe got me feeling like a Sheik
November 12, 2010 9:10:52 AM EST via web

Date: November 14, 2010 07:30

...See how the the people around me allow me to get in situations like this! I told everyone I was canceling the performance before it was..
about 2 hours ago via web

.announced. My true fans will get chances to see me perform, just never ever on the Today Show!
about 2 hours ago via web[/b]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:51

schillid
For me, the point isn't about race OR music...

Black or white... Good music or not... This guy here just seems like a big, self-absorbed dick.

I get you, schillid.

I guess what I hear and see with Kanye West is passion, smarts, arrogance, ignorance, confusion, persecution, paranoia, fear, exhaustion, defiance, mania, dispair in a combination similar to a lot artists who end up reeling in the public limelight they sought out. He's so strung out and paranoid at this point--I fear he's basically headed for a breakdown. Listen to Chain Heavy - it's his HELP! or Gimme Shelter (I don't musically or saying it's as good as either of those songs but he's at his wit's end - plus it's a damn good song, great track, plus Talib Kweli and Consequences clearly had fun with Kanye's inviting them to write a verse on the theme of "chains").

If Twitter were around when the Stones (or, think, John Lennon) were young, they'd be blurting shit out nonstop too.

Keith on Twitter? It's a blessing he's afraid of computers winking smiley

Give him a break...he's less an aszhole than an out of control guy who's about to hit a wall hard (or not make it much longer) unless he finds some way to calm the fock down.

Here's another recent piece for people who don't get what his talent is - give it a minute

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 10:59 by swiss.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 14, 2010 17:34

It's not about race. It's convenient for someone to say 'let's put them all in a fenced in park and let them shoot each other' or whatever but they, rappers, have promoted that image.

I just don't hear any talent in it, hence it being crap music. That's all. I don't like it the same reason I don't like Kenny G or Barbara Streisand etc - it's just horrible. And crap as well.

Date: November 14, 2010 17:52

"I just don't hear any talent in it, hence it being crap music"

Imho Public Enemy and NWA were good.
Only after MTV caught the rap thing and rappers shot expensive videos that it went down the drain with the "all bad boyz image - no musical content" thing.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 14, 2010 18:19

dcba
Imho Public Enemy and NWA were good.

This is friggin' awsome!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home