Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WWW aka WATTS-WYMAN-WATTS playin' HAMPTON'81
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:37

Something happened to me today...not a big dealwinking smiley
I wanted to watch again the HAMPTON'81 DVD.
It's been a while that I didn't watch it and it still kick ass.
But I want to add also how f@@@#n great was the rhythm section at this time, I mean, Charlie and Bill of course don't know if it come from the mix, but hell,
Bill was on fire this night (and without movin' >grinning smiley<),
same for Charlie .
I also want to give a special mention to Ernie WATTS for this show.If one don't know who's playin' sax, one believe it's Bobby KEYS, very close playin' IMO.

Am I alone to think that Bill is missin' eye rolling smiley

HMN

Re: WWW aka WATTS-WYMAN-WATTS playin' HAMPTON'81
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:55

Totally agree, Honestman. I heard Wyman speaking in radio-interview prior to the Ullevi (Gothenburg) concert, 1982, saying that if the rhythm section is right everything is right, they (rest of the band) can do whatever they want after that. Funily enough, Bill understands (but don't speak) swedish (he was married to a swedish woman - Astrid). I love Ernie Watts' sax, he really adds to the band. The interaction between Watts and Watts is phenomenal. The horn-section Stones uses today is skilfull but too arranged (lacks in soul). I never really understood the adoration of Bobby Keys, I would choose Ernie every day.

Re: WWW aka WATTS-WYMAN-WATTS playin' HAMPTON'81
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 15, 2010 22:20

I agree, E.Watts was great and he brought a lot to the tour. Compare with the handful of 81 shows where Lee Allen was onstage... eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home